[3.3] Incinerate Inquisitor - T15 Elder Down. Video Up

"
Kraiwen wrote:
"
Scorching Ray would be better with CwC.



Scorching Ray doesn't work with Immolate.

With my current cast speed I have a 0.9 cast on Incinerate, meaning I'm hitting 4 stages every fire storm, which feels really nice.


I meant that you don't need cast speed with Scorching Ray or CwC, that's why Scorching Ray is better with CwC.

But this build isn't about Scorching Ray, it's about Incinerate and cast speed, that's why I think you're wasting sockets with CwC + Firestorm.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
"
kodr wrote:
"
Kraiwen wrote:
"
Scorching Ray would be better with CwC.



Scorching Ray doesn't work with Immolate.

With my current cast speed I have a 0.9 cast on Incinerate, meaning I'm hitting 4 stages every fire storm, which feels really nice.


I meant that you don't need cast speed with Scorching Ray or CwC, that's why Scorching Ray is better with CwC.

But this build isn't about Scorching Ray, it's about Incinerate and cast speed, that's why I think you're wasting sockets with CwC + Firestorm.


CwC with firestorm give you extra range to be a little safer imo. using just incinerate leaves you vulnerable. Or at least that's what im finding.
"
For 4 casts, 0.8 seconds of casting you get.

161.5+202+243+283 = 889.5 damage for 0.8 seconds. PLUS the wave that deals 500% damage of the last hit, so an extra 283*6 = 1698 damage for a total of 2587.5 damage

That's for 4 casts.

Meanwhile, you deal a damage effectiveness of 0.3+0.375+0.45+0.525

for a total of 1.65 damage effectiveness for 4 casts (0.8 secnods) AND THEN you get a wave that deals (0.525*6) for a bonus 3.15 damage effectiveness.

4.80 damage effectiveness for 0.8 seconds of casting LMAO
This is with 0% increased cast speed.


Incinerate is Broken


It takes 2 casts to go up a stage of incinerate. Check your casts per second and see how long it takes to hit 8 stages.
Appreciate the guide! Beginner here so not aware of the meta. Just curious, why are so many skill points placed in increasing max Life (Devotion, Tireless, Purity of Flesh, Barbarism, Constitution etc) when we have Mind over Matter? Why not increase mana?
I checked PoB and i dont see any inquisitor on ISC with with this build so did you left it or deleted or what?
"
I checked PoB and i dont see any inquisitor on ISC with with this build so did you left it or deleted or what?


It looks like he converted over to an arc templar with the same character.
Last edited by Carcanken on Jun 8, 2018, 1:48:39 AM
I decided to use Hrimnor's Resolve for increased fire damage. Would a Infernal Mantle be a good pick over a rare chest? Or something like a Loreweave instead?
"
kodr wrote:
But this build isn't about Scorching Ray, it's about Incinerate and cast speed, that's why I think you're wasting sockets with CwC + Firestorm.

This build, as mentioned in OP, is about abusing Added Damage. And from all spells, Incinerate and Firestorm do that better than anything else.
Later on I'll test Incinerate without CWC Firestorm for single target, but for now it provides such better clearing.

Since Incinerate hits, it does the following things Scorching Ray doesn't:
a) Reliably triggers Elemental Overload.
b) Ignites, thus allowing Combust and Immolate to kick in right away on every pack. This is especially valuable on map mods where monsters have chance to avoid Elemental Ailments.

I mean, each of those are all things you can work around. Incinerate CWC Firestorm setup jsut solves 'em all in extremely smooth and convenient way.


"
lalib wrote:
It takes 2 casts to go up a stage of incinerate. Check your casts per second and see how long it takes to hit 8 stages.

Where did you get this info?
According to my experience, you get 1 stage for each cast, so Topicstarter's calcultions are correct.



"
Ressawh wrote:
Appreciate the guide! Beginner here so not aware of the meta. Just curious, why are so many skill points placed in increasing max Life (Devotion, Tireless, Purity of Flesh, Barbarism, Constitution etc) when we have Mind over Matter? Why not increase mana?

We need to keep our net mana pool at 30% of our life pool while still pushing life as far as we can.
With that being said, I found for now that with my crappy SSF gear I am at about 20%.

But
1) I have Warlord's Mark + Blasphemy (reserves 35%) instead of Herald of Ash (reserves 25%). Elder ring with built-in WM would allow me to cut back on reservation.

2) Well, I'm SSF and my gear is just there to cap resists (and some pieces are not even crafted because Masters are not leveled). Later, with help of RNGeesus, I'll get more mana.

3) You can actually balance last bits. My plan is to take huge Life cluster near Scion. But 2 small 5% life nodes there can be replaced with Righteous Decree (mana + reduced cost notable near Templar).

Check Dankarius character in my profile.



"
_Ventura wrote:
Would a Infernal Mantle be a good pick over a rare chest?

I don't think it is a good idea.
It will give you a big chunk of damage (since all gems in main setup are Fire except Cast while Channeling).
But for harder content (and especially Chaos damage casters in incursions) the downside is too spikey.

"
_Ventura wrote:
Or something like a Loreweave instead?

A good-rolled one works (just like it does for most builds).

------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems topicstarter ditched the build for Arc Totems.
I will make another thread guide once my character is level 80+ and in yellow maps.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Last edited by Sarganis87 on Jun 9, 2018, 8:24:19 AM
"
Because we're using Incinerate and we're a mage, we use Mind over Matter for defense. Due to Incinerates low mana cost, we use the new incursion rings that give Mana and -# mana cost of skills.


How do search the trade sites for the -mana rings? poe.trade doesn't seem to understand negative numbers.
"
DizeazedFly wrote:
How do search the trade sites for the -mana rings? poe.trade doesn't seem to understand negative numbers.

Here, take this:
http://poe.trade/search/doorimganatonu
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info