[3.6] Death's Oath Trickster - ALL CONTENT | Tanky | Budget | Fast Clear | Lag-Free

"
Asatas wrote:

And with bosses, I really feel the low single target dmg when moving, and the mediocre survivability when standing still and casting Blight/Wither Totem.
Enter the real endgame, which is basically all about different bosses, and blue mobs in Delve that are beefy and hit just as hard - I reached about depth 260.

Yeah, I agree with you. This was my league starter build and it sounded really cool and different, but the DPS and survivability just wasn't there, despite really good gear and Blight 40% dmg enchantment on helmet.

I abandonded it and made 2 other builds that made me kill Uber Elder. Now I have rerolled this character into a GC Miner instead.
Thanks for the build and guide.

I played ED/Contagion Trickster in Incursion and I had lot of fun with that build. When I saw the mechanic with Death's Oath, I wanted to try it out later this league. So when I got broke after numerous failed attempts to 6-link belly for the other char, I went for it. And, this build is awesome :D

Back then in Incursion, I was shooting ED projectiles to monsters in a Contagion-affected area. Now, I am that ED projectile and the Contagion is always with me :D
Also, triggering Abyssal Cry on packs is so satisfying. Even more after detonating a wall in the Delve, throwing a flare and "boom".

To make up space for more skill gems (Flame Dash, Arctic Armour, Frost Wall), I use Shaped/Elder items to get Fortify, Abyssal Cry and some supports for Stone Golem. I was thinking about using Animate Guardian with Dying Breath but I am not sure if it won't get killed from the Delve darkness.

Spoiler

So far, I am in the t12 maps and not deep enough in the Azurite Mine. I have got 4k life, 1k unreserved mana and Aegis. That's low defenses and I am vulnerable to one shots unfortunately. But as I said, I am enjoying it.

"I don't understand, I just want to find new friends, but everyone dies when I come closer."
Last edited by Zero202 on Nov 9, 2018, 6:59:18 PM
Hi!
First off Im having alot of fun with The build. A few questions:
1) does %chaos dmg on items buff deaths oath aura?
2) would life leech support on death oath work?
3) How much life/HP are you Confident running with?
4) How should life regen be prioritized on item? (Is it enough from passivens?)

Thanks!
Hi!
5) Fossil crafted rings with Aberant fossils grant "Chaos damage leeched as life" - does Death Oath count here?
"
Zero202 wrote:
To make up space for more skill gems (Flame Dash

Swap Shield Charge for Consecrated Path, Flame Dash without supports seems superfluous and nigh useless.

"
Drøbels wrote:
Hi!
5) Fossil crafted rings with Aberant fossils grant "Chaos damage leeched as life" - does Death Oath count here?

1) Increases and reductions, more and less multipliers to chaos damage, damage over time, area damage all affect the Death Aura damage. As do "x% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skills" modifiers.
2) No. You can only leech from hits, and Death Aura does not hit.
3) Personal preference and depends on the content you're doing, your experience and skill etc. If you're playing softcore the occasional death might be ok.
4) The chaos degen is a flat number, so the more life you have the less regen you need to negate the degen. Same with chaos resistance, the more you have the less regen you need. Now, of course you want some surplus regen to recover from incoming damage and whatnot. With Patient Reaper and Mind Over Matter you can easily get enough regen from the tree and a Stone Golem. Flat regen from gear is fairly irrelevant.
5) See 2).
Last edited by twitticles on Nov 11, 2018, 3:54:31 PM
I missed introduction of the Consecrated Path gem in this league, thanks! I chose Flame Dash just to compensate inability of Shield Charge to teleport.
A question for all those running this build:
When did you switch to death's Oath? I'm level 62 now, but the degen is a huge problem. I guess I need the following:
- Patient Reaper from Cruel Lab
- Lots of life on my gear

Any more advice?

Edit: never mind, works like a charm after getting Patient Reaper and upgrading some gear.
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
Last edited by Thyrandor on Nov 12, 2018, 3:07:15 PM
Very nice build, I made only a few changes. I did not use Mind over Matter and I used Vitality instead of clarity and it works great. I saved about 4 skill points.
I keep dieing at level 51 , should i go lower not sure how to get my resilence higher. Oh well rerolling for betrayal to witch
I dont like this build i dont recommend it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info