[3.6] Death's Oath Trickster - ALL CONTENT | Tanky | Budget | Fast Clear | Lag-Free

So as far as I can tell, this build only got buffed slightly from the damage over time nodes, and if you go Occultist instead it may be a huge buff as you get 60% chaos res 20% chaos damage and free wither (no more having to throw a totem down)

This was my strongest build in delve, character is sunlotesoathofdeath i quit the league early so i only took it to 90, but damn this shit is easily one of my favorites i've done now, feel free too look at my character if you're struggling as i was tanky as fuck and i see a lot of comments mentioning they weren't very tanky.
This build was one of the most enjoyable builds, I had ever played. Although I did not play this build in Delve, I invested in some upgrades for my character in standard.

Here are the three notable changes:

On helm, I got "Nearby Enemies Have -9% Resistance to Chaos Resistance"

On belt, I got additional "29% Increased Chaos Damage"

I increased the resistance on boots & got some mana

Now, all of the resistances including Chaos resistance are capped

"
NEPHAN wrote:
I could manage to do some upgrades along the way. Here is what I came up with:

Corruptions:
Increased area of effect Council

Buffing 3 gems in body armour & indirectly capping chaos res (I have 70% chaos resistance)

Buffing 2 gems in gloves

Free Clarity skill & block chance applied to spells

Overall I am quite happy with the character. I will look into possibility of coming up with better corruption for body armour.

Stats with Magna Eclipsis

High Res Cap Stats with Regular Shield
Last edited by NEPHAN on Dec 6, 2018, 8:40:10 AM
How viable is this in 3.5, or is the Occultist LL a better option now? I dislike LL builds and would love to know if this is still good enough to roll again this league.
SHORT VERSION:
Everything works fine, we got buffed a bit and that's that. Will probably come back to PoE next week. Skill tree has been updated, which is pretty much it.

LONG VERSION:
Spoiler
Only reason I'm playing another Trickster DoT build (in this case Vortex) is to see how many viable Veiled mods/new uniques can be made useful. There's a lot of shit to go through, and I'd be supper happy if anyone else shares their findings. A few things I want to look at:
  • Solstice Vigil, and only have despair on the Witchfire brew (saves 30% mana reservation
  • Focus mods (shock nearby enemies, increased Mind over Matter, channel damage, DoT, trigger socketed skills, and fortify effect to name a few
  • HOW HARD did they buff Vaal Grace/Vaal Haste???
  • We may have enough sources of consistent ES that escape artist - 10% dodge/spelldodge/movespeed - now outweighs the 15% DoT 20% duration from that other dinky node
  • Stacking Ccold DoT skills with normal ones to benefit from chill + temporal chains - Vortex is plain broken with instant cast and high base damages, while allowing us to level with spell damage gear

There are also a "few" veiled mods that I definitely think are worth taking a look at:
  • %Life/%Mana hybrid mod on armour
  • %Chance to gain onslaught on kill (boots)
  • Hybrid %elemental/%chaos resist on armours
  • Hybrid %Chaos dmg/%duration
  • Anything during soul gain prevention + possible soul catcher
  • %Life gained as ES

The fact that these mods are all craftable makes the build about 20x more accessible, which is a big deal. It also means potentially crafting upgrades to Breath of the Council, which is a pretty large paywall for the build's endgame (i.e Shaper, Uber Atz, T16 farming). Unfortunately, it also means I may need to rewrite large portions of the build guide, which sounds suspiciously like work.

Good luck, exiles!
Last edited by Doeoeod on Dec 10, 2018, 1:13:25 AM
i like you
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
Newbie here, it looks to me that if you take 4 nodes following the dex node south of nullifaction toward blood drinker instead of 4 nodes in the wheel of life you end up with a straight buff of +10 dex +.4 attack damage leached as life for no health loss, but maybe I am missing something.
Doing this build now as life-based Occultist. 60% free chaos res, passive Wither and chaosplosions are nice. Currently running around in a 2B 1G Oath and with the assistance of ED and Abyssal Cry, this clears low maps just fine.

I should note I didn't put much thought into choosing my Ascendancy. I had a Necro starter lying around and decided to respec when 2- and 3-socket crafts were re-introduced. I'll eventually pour some more regrets into my skill tree as well.
Is occultist a viable option now? Or is trickster still better?
Last edited by Morvas on Dec 16, 2018, 9:20:09 PM
Any recommendation of crafting 5 off-colour on DO with new crafting system?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info