POE drop rates explained

"
See for every time you hug a dog you get a 5000% in drop rates see

every dog hug = 5% awesome drop rate

Hundreds of mirrors AND 13 forum posts per day for the last 5 years.

I've been trying to come up with some kind of witty insult to showcase how big of a nolifer you are but I got nothing good enough.
"
demonstorm wrote:
"
See for every time you hug a dog you get a 5000% in drop rates see

every dog hug = 5% awesome drop rate

Hundreds of mirrors AND 13 forum posts per day for the last 5 years.

I've been trying to come up with some kind of witty insult to showcase how big of a nolifer you are but I got nothing good enough.

Do you believe I was an assassin once upon a time murdering people? Likely not

thankfully

/hops around
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
from my impression, there is a buff for a certain currency type if you used that currency before.

and there is a general currency drop buff if you died, likely to encourage you to keep playing.

well, however, even if my observations are true, i can't profit from either of those effects. i rarely do endgame crafting nor do i come to the endgame levels where is say that one more level up isn't worth it.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Wait?... What?... Aren't you the same person that claims NASA faked the moon landing, that the US military is secretly hiding alien technology in Area 51, and that the earth is flat?

You will need to substantiate these claims. Where's your proof?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Something like this could be in here and we most likely wouldnt know

Sometimes i think when people brick an item i get the same item a couple mins later (has happened more then once)

I dont see why they couldnt put some sort of limit on currency (likely mirrors) so only xxx are in game at a time
"
Lynerus wrote:

Sometimes i think when people brick an item i get the same item a couple mins later (has happened more then once)

I dont see why they couldnt put some sort of limit on currency (likely mirrors) so only xxx are in game at a time

Why would they go to the trouble of making a system that the players couldn't tell apart from simply random? It would make no sense at all to make a system requiring (paid) oversight and micromanagement when simply allowing random behavior would produce indistinguishable results.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Lynerus wrote:

Why would they go to the trouble of making a system that the players couldn't tell apart from simply random? It would make no sense at all to make a system requiring (paid) oversight and micromanagement when simply allowing random behavior would produce indistinguishable results.

idk some games have somethings like this for classes and what not so its possible... doesnt D3 have something like this for classes?
When you first start playing you are using your own items and as you level you slowly increase the relative power of your items.

Your first weapon upgrade is a 1 in 10 drop and it takes you about ten rare drops to find a better one.

Your next upgrade becomes a 1 in 100 drop and you have to play a bit longer, for a few days even to get better.

You progress to a 1 in 1,000 drop, now it takes weeks, even a month to get a better one.

Then you discover trading and instantly buy a 1 in a 1,000,000 drop for 1C and you are now pooched from finding better drops on your own.

You are now hooked on Traders Crack and need to get an Exalted to improve your weapon in any sort of meaningful way, and then have to spend 25+ Ex to get a killer weapon
"
stuncc wrote:
Hi,

I see lots of people annoyed by the fact they dont get as many drops like someone else and/or top tier maps or exalts never drop etc...

So I decided to explain how the POE drop rate system works.

---

In order to maintain a semi healthy economy, GGG has a certain X drop rate per item per a certain time.

So for example, an exalt orb drop rate is 20 per hour (using per hour but it could be per minute)

So whoever is playing will get those 20 exalt orbs in the next hour.

---

That happens with ALL the items.

Also the most expensive and wanted items could and most likely do have a drop rate adjustment regularly, say every hour or everyday, depending on how many are active in the game or been used or been vendored etc.

---

So for example, a shavrone has a drop rate of 1 per hour with random number of sockets, 5% chance to be a 6 socket (for example).. the people that run the most maps or kill the most stuff where it can drop, with the highest rarity find % have a better chance to get it.

Understood now?

---

So if you want good drops, you pick a time to play when the least people is playing on your server, and try to kill the most stuff possible..

Yes, because quantity of stuff killed greatly outdoes rarity find % on your gear.

---

So all in all, heres how you get the most goodies in POE:

1- play when no one else is playing
2- farm fast, speed clear maps where your desired item can drop (if its unique or rare), or has a better chance to drop (if its currency)
3- get as much rarity on your gear, BUT NEVER SACRIFICE CLEAR SPEED NOR DEFENSE where its needed.

---

Good luck and enjoy!

PS: A little existent taboo is that, if you have a good internet connection, a good graphics card and processor (if your poe runs flawlessly), you will get more and better drops, but hey... ok nvm :)

A completely well written guide.

I am glad that I learn something new today.

I also seriously think that this would be useful to all the Diablo 3 refugees.

Can someone please sticky this guide?

Mods, where are you please?
34pre98qua
thank u for the laughs, op

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info