POE drop rates explained

Dammit guys, did you HAVE to bump this up RIGHT when there are a lot of new players around who may take the OP seriously?
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
"
NemoJr wrote:
Dammit guys, did you HAVE to bump this up RIGHT when there are a lot of new players around who may take the OP seriously?

yes
Op's post has no impact on new players. New players are not yet bored enough to read junk threads like this.

As far as I know, poe uses weighted RNG and not that time/players online bullpoop.

Only reason the strimers drop all that good stuff is because of 'framing', not farming.
They record probably 90-120+hours a week to cut a 25minute vid of where they drop that one expensive item. Yeah fkng coincidence... right...
They are paid to play poe. Youtube pays their takeaway pizza and gasoline for mommy's car so she can do the laundry of the strimer boys.
We won't see a 20h doctor's card stream without doctor's drop anytime soon, all staged and framed.

Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
Last edited by Earthslug on Nov 12, 2018, 4:34:32 PM
"
Bystander36 wrote:
If this is true, this would give a massive advantage to the first high level characters every league, as they would be competing against a much smaller user base for high end drops.

It is true and it does give advantage to first ones to maps.
"
stkmro wrote:

A completely well written guide.

I am glad that I learn something new today.

I also seriously think that this would be useful to all the Diablo 3 refugees.

Can someone please sticky this guide?

Mods, where are you please?

It's not complete. It completely omits several key things associated with drops and drop rates.

The most important thing to understand is that the RNG for the first drop of anything is actually random with one exception detailed at the end. There is no favoritism or otherwise associated with that. But once you drop an exalted as an example, what you are wearing both in the game and out of the game at that moment matters.

If you change anything in game or out of game to include clothes, underwear, hair, teeth, equipment, etc. then your RNG resets back to pure random. Now if you don't change anything, you will have a better chance of dropping more exalted orbs.

This is where it gets tricky. This also includes your IP so make sure that you have either a static IP address, or at least renewed the lease on your current prior to any gaming to ensure that when you get that drop you can sustain that increased "luck" during that session.

Also, supporter packs. They greatly increase your drop rate across the board. The more you buy, the better RNG you get.
I hugged my dog and got 3 mirrors

=D
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
6link drop chance estimate:
1:384,000

Dropped 3 so far since 2013
"
Earthslug wrote:

I assume you're not including corrupted 6-Links and Tabula Rasas.
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Earthslug wrote:

I assume you're not including corrupted 6-Links and Tabula Rasas.

Good point, their droprates are far more common.
Dropped 3 pure, tho one was from a all linked socket strongbox
OP ass must be very big if he can pull theory like this from it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info