POE drop rates explained

"
stuncc wrote:
"
respwnd wrote:
Best ways to get good drops.
2. have a character with a positive randomly generated drop number (this number is hidden in the code, but good packet sniffer can find it)

This is a thing.

But in the end nothing beats clear speed and amount of stuff killed + playing when no one else is playing.

I believe you are looking for:

Diablo 3 (was the rng on char creation ever a confirmed thing or just a shit rumor that people who don't understand statistics kept running with?)

Otherwise what you were probably mutilating horribly in your OP, Runescape, where full worlds have faster spawn rates for mobs and resources but no, time of day had no impact.

Either way, get off the drugs.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Soon we will just buy exalts from Tencent and all will have them and be happy))
Priceless, absolutely priceless.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I would like to know where you got that info from what are you smoking.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on May 25, 2018, 9:20:52 PM
Last time someone explained the system it was something like *for every 60 chaos orb drops, 1 exalt drops*. I don't think anyone, including GGG, knows the rates.
If only there was some sort of "random number generator" it would be so much simpler for GGG rather than tracking the drops of every item in every instance each hour.

FFS.
So I will only play when all the servers are down. Wait a minute.....
GGG hates him for this amazing loot dropping information!
"
stuncc wrote:
...So for example, an exalt orb drop rate is 20 per hour (using per hour but it could be per minute)

So whoever is playing will get those 20 exalt orbs in the next hour.

Bbbut... Which hour? What time zone? If I live in North America and they use their upside-down New Zealand clocks, do I have to play upside-down? Can I just turn my clock upside down?

"
...Diablo 3 (was the rng on char creation ever a confirmed thing or just a shit rumor that people who don't understand statistics kept running with?)..

IIRC, there was "something to that" but, it wasn't "that."

However, there is an old story about an MMO where that was a very real thing. I don't remember which it was, but the story goes like this:

One of random multipliers the game would use was the internal ID of a player's character. That's easy, simple, randomly generated to begin with, and doesn't require a lot of overhead with the game cranking way at a bunch of calcs everytime a bunch of people zone into an area.

This one guy loved raiding with his friends. But, there was a problem: Everytime he was in a group with his friends, raiding a dungeon, everything in the dungeon made a beeline for him and beat the crap out of him... There was nothing they could do to stop it. They would try to fight a group of mobs and, every single time, the group of mobs would bum rush his character and pound the heck out of him until he was dead.

Every thing in every dungeon "hated him" and would prefer to curbstomp him above everyone else in the dungeon. Why?

Well, one of the things the designers did was muck around with threat generation and faction scores to determine who the mobs would attack when players were grouped. Except, there was a problem - Because of this guy's unique character ID, the algorithm that generated these threat scores would fault out and he would get... infinite threat. He was literally doomed from Level 0 to be hated by everything in that world, from lowly rats to the mightiest dragons, whenever this type of threat calculation came into play.

They eventually fixed it for him. It if had been me, I would have kept it like it was. :)

I don't remember the MMO. This was long ago. Meridian? Asheron's Call? Can't remember.

"Hey! Der's Fred!"
"Fred? FRED! I hate that guy!"
"Me hates him toos! WAAAAGH"
"WAAAAARGH"

<Fred has died.>
Last edited by Morkonan on May 25, 2018, 11:37:48 PM
"
Morkonan wrote:
"
stuncc wrote:
...So for example, an exalt orb drop rate is 20 per hour (using per hour but it could be per minute)

So whoever is playing will get those 20 exalt orbs in the next hour.

Bbbut... Which hour? What time zone? If I live in North America and they use their upside-down New Zealand clocks, do I have to play upside-down? Can I just turn my clock upside down?

"
...Diablo 3 (was the rng on char creation ever a confirmed thing or just a shit rumor that people who don't understand statistics kept running with?)..

IIRC, there was "something to that" but, it wasn't "that."

However, there is an old story about an MMO where that was a very real thing. I don't remember which it was, but the story goes like this:

One of random multipliers the game would use was the internal ID of a player's character. That's easy, simple, randomly generated to begin with, and doesn't require a lot of overhead with the game cranking way at a bunch of calcs everytime a bunch of people zone into an area.

This one guy loved raiding with his friends. But, there was a problem: Everytime he was in a group with his friends, raiding a dungeon, everything in the dungeon made a beeline for him and beat the crap out of him... There was nothing they could do to stop it. They would try to fight a group of mobs and, every single time, the group of mobs would bum rush his character and pound the heck out of him until he was dead.

Every thing in every dungeon "hated him" and would prefer to curbstomp him above everyone else in the dungeon. Why?

Well, one of the things the designers did was muck around with threat generation and faction scores to determine who the mobs would attack when players were grouped. Except, there was a problem - Because of this guy's unique character ID, the algorithm that generated these threat scores would fault out and he would get... infinite threat. He was literally doomed from Level 0 to be hated by everything in that world, from lowly rats to the mightiest dragons, whenever this type of threat calculation came into play.

They eventually fixed it for him. It if had been me, I would have kept it like it was. :)

I don't remember the MMO. This was long ago. Meridian? Asheron's Call? Can't remember.

"Hey! Der's Fred!"
"Fred? FRED! I hate that guy!"
"Me hates him toos! WAAAAGH"
"WAAAAARGH"

<Fred has died.>

I feel that with the game having that much of a hate boner for a single character on accident would also have the odds of letting that character just become stronger and leveled by sheer force of computer code generated will.

Like when you get punched in the gut for a year straight, you now have abs of steel... Right?
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info