"
OP is mad cuz he can't afford it

HaHAA

You used to give good feedback and have comments worth reading

USED TO...

Now you're the equivalent of a 9 gag user
"
aldorus wrote:
I never had one, but for some reason, the things you consider "game breaking" are things commonly achieved even without the belt.

So... I dunno. Maybe the belt is not that game breaking after all? It usually costs more than any average league player can put together, besides I see nothing wrong about rare, expensive items beying powerful.

Powerful, but not game breaking IMO.

>I never had one

K so you have no idea what you're talking about

> the things you consider "game breaking" are things commonly achieved even without the belt.

Commonly?

Oh so you think its commonly achievable to 1 shot mobs on 8 mod double beyond maps with a full party
and single handedly carry multiple people to lvl 100?

Oh okay

Also its so common that the affix is limited to 2 items in the game

Headhunter and Inspired learning.

Inspired Learning has downsides and limits you to 1 rare mod

Headhunter has no downsides, actually has decent stats, and gives ALL MODS FROM EVERY RARE MOB YOU KILL

Sorry but you dont have a clue what you're talking about
"
Cyzax wrote:
If that is the OP's main gripe with the game, I'd say PoE is in a pretty damn good shape! :-p

Honestly it is in a good shape.

There are plenty of broken mechanics, items etc in the game.

But none come close to what Headhunter is.

GGG ruined cast on crit because they said - it was causing server problems

Thats a fact

GGG also ruined sextant blocking because they said - it was causing server problems

They did the same to Worm blaster, Mjolner, Vaal Molten Shell, and many many other builds.

So it makes no sense that Headhunter, the biggest example of why GGG nerfed those other items/builds, has remained untouched FOR YEARS!!!!!

I just think its something that doesnt need to remain in the main game. Standard people can go ahead and keep their legacy versions as they are already playing Sandbox POE.

We really dont need this item in the main game in its current state.
You don't seem to understand what an inventory slot and opportunity cost is.

Can most of the characters move faster than you can handle? Yes
Do most characters struggle with Bosses / Rares only? Yes
Does more damage help killing Bosses / Rares faster? Yes

Conclusion - HH sucks for bosses and rares. It CAN work better than other items in SOME builds for ONLY mapping without bossing with a massive DRAWBACK of being 120 EX which is equivalent to a mirror during a league. Equipping a MIRROR tier item during a league boosts you a lot more than HH for every scenario.

That's a max HP rolled Headhunter and you can equip more DPS in other slots now because you have res on Stygian. Realistically the damage increase is at least 20%+ MORE with a Stygian.

Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on May 24, 2018, 4:30:44 PM
these 'stats' are BS and you know that

stygian with even perfect 8mod jewel is GARBAGE compared to HH in any real scenario

you say it doesnt help vs bosses? so you havent used it yet - because the mods give you so much power that you actually can kill the map boss before buffs wear off

in short: for most non-staged bosses (now you know why people whine so much about 'staged bosses') you have the HH effects (like 20 of them) and boss is a loot pinata (small)

note: i know PoB is a nice tool. but please, use it properly, this what you done here is pure blasphemy
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Going off of that, you lose... A permanent 12-13% of your DPS, using a perfect mirror-grade belt that doesn't even exist in-game? (That's as laughable back when GGG made balance decisions off of assuming the average player had access to legacy & mirrored gear!) In exchange, the HH procs are worth more than doubling your DPS, so...
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on May 24, 2018, 4:49:06 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:

stygian with even perfect 8mod jewel is GARBAGE compared to HH in any real scenario

you say it doesnt help vs bosses? so you havent used it yet - because the mods give you so much power that you actually can kill the map boss before buffs wear off

in short: for most non-staged bosses (now you know why people whine so much about 'staged bosses') you have the HH effects (like 20 of them) and boss is a loot pinata (small)

Alright, YA GOT ME! My fingers slipped in PoB while I was doing my chaos recipe in Standard.
I wanted to take one of your characters but you're obviously hiding your Headhunters from everyone to not get hacked. Smart move!
I'll take the first PoB I find.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/503727
SCION EXAMPLE - by bvgftr

Omg wow Headhunter best belt! Buy now! b0rrken!

Please, buddy, use PoB responsibly, stop spreading such misinformation!
You don't have to be so loccco muchachito eyyyyy!

"
sidtherat wrote:

It's not like 80% of the Red tier maps have stages / spawn time / whatever. It's not like a 1C belt is better than HH against all endgame bosses. It's not like although a super rare item, is often avoided by HC players because of RIPs and shroudwalker.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on May 24, 2018, 5:27:10 PM
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Going off of that, you lose... A permanent 12-13% of your DPS, using a perfect mirror-grade belt that doesn't even exist in-game? (That's as laughable back when GGG made balance decisions off of assuming the average player had access to legacy & mirrored gear!) In exchange, the HH procs are worth more than doubling your DPS, so...

ACGIFT back at it again with the

on mirror tier belts

It is silly to claim that something so rare as Headhunter (HH) could be a huge problem in the game. It has a minuscule footprint on the game because it is so rare. Just because a majority of players would love to own a HH, that doesn't mean that it is somehow broken?

The upside of Inspired Learning jewel and HH are the same. The downside of the jewel is minor. Yet the OP seems to conclude that the jewel is okay while the belt is not okay. That makes no sense to me.

I'm not saying that the OP is wrong. Although I suspect the position is wrong. I'm saying that the case made in the OP that HH should be nerfed is horribly weak. Just an assertion that it is overpowered is not a reasonable argument. Very few players have ever played with a HH after all. I sure haven't.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
sidtherat wrote:

note: i know PoB is a nice tool. but please, use it properly, this what you done here is pure blasphemy

amen

Not to mention this plebe is comparing the flat damage values from path of building vs gaining rare mods from beyond/abyss/breach mobs.

Its not even worth the effort to respond to this blatant troll
Last edited by Bloomania on May 24, 2018, 5:53:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info