Honestly HeadHunter Should Be Nerfed/Removed From The Game

It is silly to claim that something so rare as Headhunter (HH) could be a huge problem in the game. It has a minuscule footprint on the game because it is so rare. Just because a majority of players would love to own a HH, that doesn't mean that it is somehow broken?

I'm not saying that the OP is wrong. Although I suspect the position is wrong. I'm saying that the case made in the OP that HH should be nerfed is horribly weak. Just an assertion that it is overpowered is not a reasonable argument. There are just so few Headhunter belts in the game that I can't imagine it could impact the game so negatively as is implied in the OP. On the positive side the desire to obtain a HH belt may excite some players to play more and donate more to GGG. I don't understand how a few players having fun with HH hurts the game enough to overcome the positive.

Now Benjamin has rudely declared that he will no longer discuss the issue with me. I will take that as an admission on his part that he's not really interested in discussing the matter.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I'm going to make this very clear even if I'm risking this.

They are never ever going to touch HH regardless of outcome.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
I'm going to make this very clear even if I'm risking this.

They are never ever going to touch HH regardless of outcome.

Why would they never touch HH
Disagree.

This game has no real endgame, no pvp balance to protect or similar. The only fun is turning godmode, and super expensive items like HH are something worth chasing. They should make a few more of similar GG things and maybe even make them slightly more rare(to offset the price drop when more competition for desire).
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on May 24, 2018, 8:22:47 PM
I don’t see the problem with having a game breaking item that’s absurdly expensive as long as they don’t balance the game around it. It’s a fun chase item. It gives you something to dream for.
"
I don’t see the problem with having a game breaking item that’s absurdly expensive as long as they don’t balance the game around it. It’s a fun chase item. It gives you something to dream for.

Exactly, that's the point that I was trying to make.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Yea nerf HH maybe OP will actually have a chance to beat the GOAT havoc, kek. It's not like hvc ever got 1st 100 without HH right? Oh wait... OP You have zero clue on what it's like to push 100. Know why vinktar's and vaal pact got nerfed? Because you dont die. You, being the below average player, will die with a HH, that is why it wont be nerfed.
Last edited by illmtk on May 24, 2018, 11:50:58 PM
"
illmtk wrote:
Yea nerf HH maybe OP will actually having a chance to beat the GOAT havoc, kek. It's not like hvc ever got 1st 100 without HH right? Oh wait... OP You have zero clue on what it's like to push 100. Know why vinktar's and vaal pact got nerfed? Because you dont die. You, being the below average player, will die with a HH, that is why it wont be nerfed.

OP still not feeling it cuz he can't afford a HH HaHAA
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

Problem is... As part of the far high-end bleeding-edge, GGG -does- balance around it. It's one of the chief reasons (alongside the movement skill meta) as to why a lot of map mob density was nerfed, for one.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
Spoiler
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
Bah, Headhunter is a nice item and that's about it.

On my main (a dual wielding RT Static/Lightning Strike Jugg), HH is about as useful as a Rustic sash or an Stygian belt. Regular clearing gets a small boost at times, and versus boses is actually a bit underwhelming compared to my trusty Rustic sash.

Sure for other builds, it might be one of the "broken" items, but at least is one of the less "available" ones...

HH just needs to stay the same IMHO...

Thats like saying X item isnt good for my build so therefore its not broken or busted

That logic is incorrect good sir.

Your build is irrelevant when it comes to the balance of an item in the game that is probably the single biggest "chase item" and it hasnt been touched in multiple years since nemesis was released.

It should be nerfed to remove the "gain all mods" considering that alot of rares now can have a ridiculous amount of mods.

Or the item itself should just be removed and left to legacy/standard versions only.
Spoiler

An Opie-Op item should transform every "dog @#*&" build to Uber powerful level IF the item is so "powerful". As long as it just boosts powerful builds to Uber level, such an item can be gated by rarity. And don't fret too much as it is quite difficult to obtain, and most players will NEVER have one without "working" for it...

I still find it a "fun" focused item, that has several disadvantages - losing that juicy ES bonus versus a dangerous pack, or having "auto-flicker" that keeps you from running from danger, can and will kill your character at times - and as long as it doesn't grants "immortality" or renders every other choice regarding items, build or skills irrelevant, it current iteration can be kept the same.

Having something so powerful should be "nerfed" (IF a nerf is necessary) by reducing the duration of the bonus to 10 sec, and force everyone to invest into increasing that duration to 15 seconds and "heavily" invest if they want the current 20 second timer... It just seems that the best way to keep HH identity, is to keep most of it's attractions and just work on the timer of the bonuses...

PS: Or they could also address the impact of the monster mods on players - like a monster with a 100% increased speed aura could translate to a simple 20% increase for your chatacter. And let them stack as long as they reach up to a further "hard" cap beside the time limitation of 20 sec - if GGG wouldn't like to address the timer regarding the buffs.

Keeping it on a multi breach, abyss, essence and beyond map to "manageable" levels for "Opie-Op" builds will make it lackluster for regular builds..
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on May 25, 2018, 3:29:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info