Honestly HeadHunter Should Be Nerfed/Removed From The Game

"
The downside of the jewel is minor.

Like only fitting on very specific parts of the tree- very minor right?

And forcing you to take notables that you might not need to make it work

"
Yet the OP seems to conclude that the jewel is okay while the belt is not okay. That makes no sense to me.

So it makes no sense to you that a jewel, with limited usage, limited spots on the tree, and forced nodes to take it, which grant ONLY 1 MODIFIER FROM A RARE MOB, is not the same as a belt that grants ALL MODIFIERS FROM RARE MOBS.....

KK
Last edited by Bloomania on May 24, 2018, 5:51:33 PM
Well im not sure about the premise one thing that can be done is to remove the zana beyond mod. I would say it's 3-4 times the amount of power in hh from just that one mod. The insane buffs would still exist for flashback leagues.
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
You don't seem to understand what an inventory slot and opportunity cost is.

Going off of that, you lose... A permanent 12-13% of your DPS, using a perfect mirror-grade belt that doesn't even exist in-game? (That's as laughable back when GGG made balance decisions off of assuming the average player had access to legacy & mirrored gear!) In exchange, the HH procs are worth more than doubling your DPS, so...

That kid is a troll hes trying to compare pob tool tip vs gaining infinite amounts of mods from rares which last 10 seconds.

Which include rare mobs from beyond,breach,abyss,essence,etc

Not worth replying to that troll
"
Fhark wrote:
Well im not sure about the premise one thing that can be done is to remove the zana beyond mod. I would say it's 3-4 times the amount of power in hh from just that one mod. The insane buffs would still exist for flashback leagues.

Its not just beyond

Its breach,beyond,abyss,essence, etc and any new rare mods introduced.

Not including nemesis mods etc.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
Spoiler
"
sidtherat wrote:
these 'stats' are BS and you know that

stygian with even perfect 8mod jewel is GARBAGE compared to HH in any real scenario

you say it doesnt help vs bosses? so you havent used it yet - because the mods give you so much power that you actually can kill the map boss before buffs wear off

in short: for most non-staged bosses (now you know why people whine so much about 'staged bosses') you have the HH effects (like 20 of them) and boss is a loot pinata (small)

Alright, YA GOT ME! My fingers slipped in PoB while I was doing my chaos recipe in Standard.
I wanted to take one of your characters but you're obviously hiding your Headhunters from everyone to not get hacked. Smart move!
I'll take the first PoB I find.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/503727
SCION EXAMPLE - by bvgftr

Omg wow Headhunter best belt! Buy now! b0rrken!

Please, buddy, use PoB responsibly, stop spreading such misinformation!
You don't have to be so loccco muchachito eyyyyy!

"
sidtherat wrote:

in short: for most non-staged bosses (now you know why people whine so much about 'staged bosses') you have the HH effects (like 20 of them) and boss is a loot pinata (small)

It's not like 80% of the Red tier maps have stages / spawn time / whatever. It's not like a 1C belt is better than HH against all endgame bosses. It's not like although a super rare item, is often avoided by HC players because of RIPs and shroudwalker.

sorry but this is gibberish

you compare flat values of a stygian (whose +life and +res are mostly irrelevant anyway) with a HH and claim 'victory' because POB 'shines in green'?
are you for real? seriously - if you are, im so sorry.

make a custom flask in POB and tick it:
- +50% more attack speed
- 100% chance to hit
- 100 crit mutli, capped crit
- 50% more phys damage
etc etc etc

and 10k ES on top of that

this is what HH gives you. not some garbage +20% increased from rare belt and few puny abyss jewel rolls

HH allows you to NOT spec accuracy (because accuracy aura will take care of that), haste (again - haste aura), life (ES rares are sooo cool) and many many more and focus on pilling up 'current league broken stuff'. HH will carry you even with garbage build, playing one hand and carrying entire team behind you

comparing HH to even best stygian is a JOKE. its like comparing current and ww2 era fighter planes and claiming Spitfires were better than current F-35 'because Spitfire had more guns!'. it is this level of joke claim

people not pick it HC? well, HC is strange place and current game design doesnt seem to care about it anyway.
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
Spoiler
"
sidtherat wrote:

stygian with even perfect 8mod jewel is GARBAGE compared to HH in any real scenario

you say it doesnt help vs bosses? so you havent used it yet - because the mods give you so much power that you actually can kill the map boss before buffs wear off

Alright, YA GOT ME! My fingers slipped in PoB while I was doing my chaos recipe in Standard.
I wanted to take one of your characters but you're obviously hiding your Headhunters from everyone to not get hacked. Smart move!

"
sidtherat wrote:

It's not like 80% of the Red tier maps have stages / spawn time / whatever. It's not like a 1C belt is better than HH against all endgame bosses. It's not like although a super rare item, is often avoided by HC players because of RIPs and shroudwalker.

you compare flat values of a stygian (whose +life and +res are mostly irrelevant anyway) with a HH and claim 'victory' because POB 'shines in green'?

- +50% more attack speed
- 100% chance to hit
- 50% more phys damage
etc etc etc

this is what HH gives you. not some garbage +20% increased from rare belt and few puny abyss jewel rolls

HH allows you to NOT spec accuracy (because accuracy aura will take care of that), haste (again - haste aura), life (ES rares are sooo cool) and many many more and focus on pilling up 'current league broken stuff'. HH will carry you even with garbage build, playing one hand and carrying entire team behind you

comparing HH to even best stygian is a JOKE. its like comparing current and ww2 era fighter planes and claiming Spitfires were better than current F-35 'because Spitfire had more guns!'. it is this level of joke claim

people not pick it HC? well, HC is strange place and current game design doesnt seem to care about it anyway.

Im pretty sure he knows, hes trolling
"
"
Fhark wrote:

Its not just beyond

Its breach,beyond,abyss,essence, etc and any new rare mods introduced.

Not including nemesis mods etc.

Serious_headhunter_situation.mp4

https://youtu.be/PIn0cat-rKs?t=41
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
Spoiler
"
sidtherat wrote:

"
sidtherat wrote:

- +50% more attack speed
- 100% chance to hit
- 50% more phys damage
etc etc etc

All this effort for nothing because it doesn't work with majority of the red map bosses & endgame bosses.

Without headhunter I kill white mobs with 1000% overkill damage but with Headhunter it's over 9000! Insane! I've changed my mind, Headhunter truly is OP!
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
sidtherat wrote:

in short: for most non-staged bosses (now you know why people whine so much about 'staged bosses')

Regarding your parenthetical statement, that is stretching bullshit to a new level, even for you sid.

"
"
The downside of the jewel is minor.

Like only fitting on very specific parts of the tree- very minor right?

And forcing you to take notables that you might not need to make it work

So it makes no sense to you that a jewel, with limited usage, limited spots on the tree, and forced nodes to take it, which grant ONLY 1 MODIFIER FROM A RARE MOB, is not the same as a belt that grants ALL MODIFIERS FROM RARE MOBS

The tree position isn't that big of a deal for most builds with over 100 passive skill points. I did not realize though that HH granted all mods. I understand now and agree with your position that HH and the jewel are significantly different in that case. Thank you for pointing that out. However, that was only a minor point of my post. You didn't seem to address any of the rest?

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

"
The tree position isn't that big of a deal for most builds

Dude stop saying this.. This alone is a big deal.

Each spot requires an investment of at least 8 nodes with the only spot being realistically low investment is the witch.

So you use a jewel socket, and you invest passive tree nodes into things that might not benefit you at all, just to get 1 rare mod from a kill.

Compared to the Headhunter which gives you ALL MODS....

again this applies to breach, beyond, abyss, essence, nemesis, etc.

These ones arent even that crazy.

The difference between selecting 1 of those mods at random with large investment versus the headhunter which is using a belt slot to gain ALL MODS.....

furthermore you admitted you've never used headhunter so clearly you lost any validity to have an opinion on it.

You think this isnt broken?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auCw1MiTV_Y

You originally thought that inspired learning is the same as headhunter without even taking 5 seconds to wiki it just to see the difference?

Im not going to waste anymore time explaining it to you.

I dont need you to agree with me, or prove anything to you.

I know what headhunter is, players who know how good it is know its op.

GGG knows above all that its op.

Im just hoping to shed some light to the fact its remained untouched since its release in 1.0
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Headhunter
Last edited by Bloomania on May 24, 2018, 6:40:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info