GGG, please remove the word supporter from future packs

"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
Special wrote:
But you're still supporting GGG when you buy supporter packs...
If nobody buys anything because they don't want a chinese company to touch any of GGG's money then you are only hurting GGG. Tencent already bought their shares, maybe there's a case for lowering prices because people like you don't feel like they are supporting GGG as personally as before, but as as long as the game is progressing as it is now i'm fine with supporting it.

"
We retain full control of Path of Exile and will only make changes that we feel are best for the game.

Yeah that's fine. Lower the prices of Supporter packs to like 20 usd instead of 60 and I'll probably still buy them, I'm not paying that much now that they are owned by Skynet.

And why would they lower the prices of supporter packs? Tencent wants to make a profit from their investment not lose money off of it, if GGG lowered it eventually Tencent would see they're not making as much money thus Tencent receives less profit and makes changes as they own 80% of GGG and have the right to do so if they wanted. Companies don't invest into another to simply lose money, would be like taking millions and burning it, not how the world works. Also $60 is nothing so why you're complaining about a $60 pack and not one $400+ is amusing.
Last edited by firenovix on May 22, 2018, 3:32:59 PM
And here I thought the "support" part was there because we buy them to "support" the freeloaders :P
Supporter Packs support PoE. They always have, and still will. Tencent didn't buy GGG to sink million of dollars into it.

People went CRAZY when GGG announced the X-Box version, because "I support PoE on PC, not other games/ports GGG makes". Now people are going crazy, shouting "I support GGG, not PoE!". Make up your minds.

Supporter packs will still go towards the development of PoE. The surplus ends up in China instead of Chris' pocket. Big difference.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Pwnther wrote:
And here I thought the "support" part was there because we buy them to "support" the freeloaders :P

As a very recently converted freeloader, I hope that continues for a bit. Thank you for your "support" or whatever we're calling it now everyone.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Supporter Packs support PoE. They always have, and still will. Tencent didn't buy GGG to sink million of dollars into it.

People went CRAZY when GGG announced the X-Box version, because "I support PoE on PC, not other games/ports GGG makes". Now people are going crazy, shouting "I support GGG, not PoE!". Make up your minds.

Supporter packs will still go towards the development of PoE. The surplus ends up in China instead of Chris' pocket. Big difference.

your right but I personally cant abide giving tencent one cent
I dont see any any key!
Last edited by k1rage on May 22, 2018, 4:59:35 PM
"
k1rage wrote:
your right but I personally can abide giving tencent one cent

I wonder how far this goes for people and where they draw the line? Is it just PoE, or will you never buy an Epic game, Activision/Blizzard game and never touch a game made in Unreal Engine? Because that excludes several thousand games.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Just reading the title, without the TLDR, I agree.

I won't be supporting any more.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
your right but I personally can abide giving tencent one cent

I wonder how far this goes for people and where they draw the line? Is it just PoE, or will you never buy an Epic game, Activision/Blizzard game and never touch a game made in Unreal Engine? Because that excludes several thousand games.

yeah its kind of a shitty spot to be in

but heres the thing about poe

I can keep playing it without spending another cent

really they only reason I spent money was to support GGG now that that motivation has been striped away there is no reason to spend money on it any more
I dont see any any key!
Certainly there is some fraction of GGG's past income that was on that basis. We'll never know what that fraction is. Tencent will know shortly... probably before the end of 2018.
"
majesw wrote:
"Supporter" shouldn't be removed. You're still supporting GGG with these packs.

It's up to you whether you're okay with part of the overall profit going to Tencent. I for one don't really care whether my money goes to a New Zealand game company or a Chinese one.

Yeah no, GGG almost doesn't exist anymore, they are basically a subsidiary of Tencent, 80% is no small percentage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info