GGG, please remove the word supporter from future packs

"
LucasBacker wrote:
"
majesw wrote:
"Supporter" shouldn't be removed. You're still supporting GGG with these packs.

It's up to you whether you're okay with part of the overall profit going to Tencent. I for one don't really care whether my money goes to a New Zealand game company or a Chinese one.

Yeah no, GGG almost doesn't exist anymore, they are basically a subsidiary of Tencent, 80% is no small percentage.

this fellow gets it GGG is exists mostly in name now
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
your right but I personally can abide giving tencent one cent

I wonder how far this goes for people and where they draw the line? Is it just PoE, or will you never buy an Epic game, Activision/Blizzard game and never touch a game made in Unreal Engine? Because that excludes several thousand games.

yeah its kind of a shitty spot to be in

but heres the thing about poe

I can keep playing it without spending another cent

really they only reason I spent money was to support GGG now that that motivation has been striped away there is no reason to spend money on it any more

And here comes the reason why Tencent would eventually force p2w or heavy timegates into PoE, people supported GGG because they liked the company, liked the people, GGG ain't no more, so they will try to find a way to make you spend more money, whether that comes with more additions that bloat your stash so you buy more tabs, with heavy p2w/timegates or some sort of cosmetic lootbox (how would that even work?) remains to be seen.
"
LucasBacker wrote:

And here comes the reason why Tencent would eventually force p2w or heavy timegates into PoE, people supported GGG because they liked the company, liked the people, GGG ain't no more, so they will try to find a way to make you spend more money, whether that comes with more additions that bloat your stash so you buy more tabs, with heavy p2w/timegates or some sort of cosmetic lootbox (how would that even work?) remains to be seen.

Well dunno bout your other crap but we already have had cosmetic lootbox's so wondering how that would work is a no brainer, we have one on sale right now Sin and Innocence Mystery box, you really didn't realize that?
"
firenovix wrote:
"
LucasBacker wrote:

Well dunno bout your other crap but we already have had cosmetic lootbox's so wondering how that would work is a no brainer, we have one on sale right now Sin and Innocence Mystery box, you really didn't realize that?

Of course I do, but think about this, why do updates on OW take so goddamn long? Because unless the playerbase is hemorrhaging, making new maps, making balance changes, making new characters doesn't earn them that much money. Yet there's always a new timed event lootbox with exclusive items, why? Because the lootboxes play on the addiction part of the brain, the timed event play on the "urgency" part of the brain, those are basic psychological/neurological tricks that are very hard to resist, used to make people spend either their time, or specially their money. If they do focus on lootboxes, we are talking about a focus that's bigger on those than on actual gameplay elements, because that's what will earn them more money. What's more, if the threats of people not buying supporter packs are true, either because they dislike the new company or because they no longer feel like they are dealing with a smaller indie company, then Tencent will surely have all the incentives to change things up.

Chris was the previous head of GGG, we know he's a passionate person about this project, or was, Tencent isn't like that, they wouldn't get to where they are now if they didn't care about one thing specifically.
Dis

Please do.

We are no longer supporting GGG sadly.

Tencent will feed them slop when they deserve, no need for us to do it now.

Yay!

Boss

P.S.
to the guy who hates name stamps,
Boss was here
Boss was here
Boss was here
Boss was here
Boss was here
Boss was here
Boss was here
Boss was here

i will no longer support GGG!

i will keep buying packs i like and find value in, however.
"
LucasBacker wrote:
"
firenovix wrote:
"
LucasBacker wrote:

Of course I do, but think about this, why do updates on OW take so goddamn long? Because unless the playerbase is hemorrhaging, making new maps, making balance changes, making new characters doesn't earn them that much money. Yet there's always a new timed event lootbox with exclusive items, why? Because the lootboxes play on the addiction part of the brain, the timed event play on the "urgency" part of the brain, those are basic psychological/neurological tricks that are very hard to resist, used to make people spend either their time, or specially their money. If they do focus on lootboxes, we are talking about a focus that's bigger on those than on actual gameplay elements, because that's what will earn them more money. What's more, if the threats of people not buying supporter packs are true, either because they dislike the new company or because they no longer feel like they are dealing with a smaller indie company, then Tencent will surely have all the incentives to change things up.

Chris was the previous head of GGG, we know he's a passionate person about this project, or was, Tencent isn't like that, they wouldn't get to where they are now if they didn't care about one thing specifically.

So you're comparing a different genre to PoE, that makes no sense so not going to bother reading anything else. I also don't care about OW or Blizzard as a company so you're literally saying this to the wrong person. There is already lootboxes in PoE and GGG survived on funding through cosmetics ever since release so honestly there is no difference and like on PoE, Blizzard has separate staff working on different things. Delays in content on OW is simply because it's a FPS game and honestly there is really not much you can do on an FPS genre once you have the core game it's basically just maps, heroes, cosmetics, balancing, testing repeat but no real actual content since FPS is limited, but doing maps in a game with better graphics then PoE takes a lot longer and honestly in an FPS you don't want an overwhelming amount of maps, it confuses newer players and prevents them from learning them, same as classes if you keep releasing many people will keep trying the new ones without learning the current ones.
lmao the amount of betas on these forums is wild.
Proud fuckin' BETA.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
firenovix wrote:
So you're comparing a different genre to PoE, that makes no sense so not going to bother reading anything else. I also don't care about OW or Blizzard as a company so you're literally saying this to the wrong person. There is already lootboxes in PoE and GGG survived on funding through cosmetics ever since release so honestly there is no difference and like on PoE, Blizzard has separate staff working on different things. Delays in content on OW is simply because it's a FPS game and honestly there is really not much you can do on an FPS genre once you have the core game it's basically just maps, heroes, cosmetics, balancing, testing repeat but no real actual content since FPS is limited, but doing maps in a game with better graphics then PoE takes a lot longer and honestly in an FPS you don't want an overwhelming amount of maps, it confuses newer players and prevents them from learning them, same as classes if you keep releasing many people will keep trying the new ones without learning the current ones.

You are joking, right? The genre doesn't matter when it comes to things such as the dopamine system which leads to addiction in the brain. Even if we weren't talking about outright p2w systems or timegates, understanding this is essential to understanding the more subtle ways by which GGG being acquired by a profit-driven company can change the game.

Of course the game has lootboxes and cosmetics, but they aren't the focus of the development so far, they aren't even trying to get f2players into the addiction scheme that comes from lootboxes like other companies do. And of course there are separate staffs for different areas of the game, point being the size of each team depends on how much they will contribute to the game's profit. "There is really not much you can do on an FPS genre" presents an even bigger logical problem as to why they'd take so much time putting out updates, Blizzard's funds are gigantic, their resources are, fora developer team, one of the biggest in the market, and they still manage to take much longer to put out updates than any other company, with the exception of cosmetics. I won't even go into details about things like development time due to "better graphics".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info