GGG, please remove the word supporter from future packs

I get the general reaction of people, but overall Chris made a smart move for himself, his team, and the game he helped create. All of you taking personal offense and overreacting would probably have made the same move given his situation. If anything it just paints the community as toxic crybabies, which is pretty much all I've seen between here and reddit since I've started playing again.

PoE is the best ARPG on the market, no question. I'm sure companies have been pursuing Chris for a while with offers that would have been worth overreacting to. If they give him the creative freedom they say and free him from the financial strains and work he did not enjoy then I think PoE has nowhere to go but up.
"
Kaegyn wrote:
I get the general reaction of people, but overall Chris made a smart move for himself, his team, and the game he helped create. All of you taking personal offense and overreacting would probably have made the same move given his situation.

You don't even know his situation, how can you assume that?
My perspective on this is there are different levels of supporters:

Alphas supporters supported GGG to gain its feet and develop the workable framework of a game.
Beta supporters supported GGG to refine that game to a point it could be launched publicly.
Supporter pack purchasers supported PoE to pay their business costs including staff wages and future development, as well as allow the game to continue to be free for everyone.

Honestly, Supporter packs have not supported GGG as an Indi start up since Beta. Ever since then you've been supporting the ongoing delivery of the game.

So there's no need to change the name of Supporter Packs, you're still supporting the game and still allowing it to maintain the f2p model for everyone.

How many of you would take an ethical stance against GGG if they had a finance loan with a bank where they had to pay interest every month? After all, everyone knows banks are evil corporations. What about taxes? GGG pay taxes out of supporter pack payments so your money is being used for <insert personal issue of anger here> by the government. Do you also oppose that?

How many people purchased shoes or clothing from a name brand organisation? Are you similarly outraged that a portion of your payment went to perpetuate the economic enslavement of another country's citizens?

An earlier poster nailed it with their example, only a tiny proportion of your Supporter pack money will be profit that goes to Tencent. The vast majority will continue to be used to support the game itself and all the fine people that are working on it. I know that doesn't support the personal right to be outraged, but it's the truth of the matter.
"
"
Kaegyn wrote:
I get the general reaction of people, but overall Chris made a smart move for himself, his team, and the game he helped create. All of you taking personal offense and overreacting would probably have made the same move given his situation.

You don't even know his situation, how can you assume that?

with the same type of jumping through hoops fear mongering bullshit with a slight racist undertone that everyone else is using to predict *the exact opposite*

"
An earlier poster nailed it with their example, only a tiny proportion of your Supporter pack money will be profit that goes to Tencent. The vast majority will continue to be used to support the game itself and all the fine people that are working on it. I know that doesn't support the personal right to be outraged, but it's the truth of the matter.

for them to figure that out they would have to look at how accounting profits are calculated, people look at it and go 80% OF COMPANY = 80% OF PROFITS, NOTHING LEFT FOR GGG TO DO ANYTHING WITH, WERE FUCKED!

well no, thats not how it works.
Last edited by Qinjax on May 23, 2018, 1:23:02 AM
"
xMustard wrote:
i will no longer support GGG!

i will keep buying packs i like and find value in, however.

Unintentionaly hilarious. But it makes my point better than any long ass-winded post would.

You have alway rather "bought a product" instead of "donating" to GGG, the product beeing MTX, though the product has only become worthwhile recently.

The "Supporter" in their MTX packs is more or less a marketing Gig to rise sympathy, it is there to lower the mental barrier one might have for spending money on pixels. But you support GGG as much by buying a pack, as you do Coca Cola by buying a can.

(though i feel we had this discussion about a thousand times over the last few years)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info