GGG, please remove the word supporter from future packs

I agree fully with this and honestly have very little issue with Tencents investement.

I think the language around these packs are actually one of the reasons this announcement is being taken so badly. People felt like they were supporting a small not yet profiting company, which in the beginning was absolutely true. Ultimately that is no longer the case and I think it would be the right thing to have some sore of demarcation in the names. I would keep everything up to Incursion as a supporter pack and maybe change the new ones to Participant Packs or something.

I think this is a really good point and an important distinction.

rei
Bendover Packs ?
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
I agree fully with this and honestly have very little issue with Tencents investement.

I think the language around these packs are actually one of the reasons this announcement is being taken so badly. People felt like they were supporting a small not yet profiting company, which in the beginning was absolutely true. Ultimately that is no longer the case and I think it would be the right thing to have some sore of demarcation in the names. I would keep everything up to Incursion as a supporter pack and maybe change the new ones to Participant Packs or something.

I think this is a really good point and an important distinction.

rei

They didn't invest in the company, they bought the company.
"
iron_Faust wrote:
I'm simply requesting that you do not insult dedicated "supporter" players like myself by continuing to call any further MX packs "Supporter Packs".

Perhaps they should be called Happy Good Citizen Packs? You get 1200 bonus points and +1 Social Credit Score? Profit 35c
I wish you good social credit in the scores to come.
Last edited by Snailmail on May 21, 2018, 10:29:38 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Bendover Packs ?

Tithe?

__

Serious answer: they can just drop the word 'support' if need be.

Incursion pack
Council pack
Grand Conquest pack

etc etc. It looks perfectly fine and quite familiar to those of us who play other F2Ps.

Town Mayor Wilson would say offering...
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
xMustard wrote:
purchasing pack, because thats what you're doing, you're purchasing what MTX is in that pack.

if you wanna be all virtue signaling and say you all spent money to support them as a company and blah blah, and you don't have the alpha tag, i basically don't believe you. lol

im not opposed to them renaming the packs, because "supporter" pack was always kinda bullshit. it just sounds nice and makes you feel a part of something

lol
Nobody cares if you believe someone.
Why than are you showing off your packs when you say it is all about the mtx? Makes no sense at all what your talking.
It was support to ggg because it was their main income. If you cannot understand that its ok, no matter. But some of us do.
Now they get a steady income flow so a lot will stop "supporting" the indycompany ofc.
Look at riot. Since tencent got stakes on lol the game got even more shit than it was before.
Players gone for the highest tiers just because of the goodVSevil/smallVsbig/indieVSmultibilliondollarcompany feeling and because they shared the vision GGG once provided in their endless posts about PoE. That and ofc to show them off in forums. Some of them got more than +20.000 coins on bank and do not care about mtx at all, because they quit playing a long time ago. Still some support the game and tags and renown in forums is all they care for.

I could also say people buy a brand tshirt because of the fabrics. No most ppl buy it because of the stupid brand and to only show it of.
Its the same with the packs.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I suggested "Addict Pack", but something more positive would also get my vote... if we get a vote that is. I don't think we do anymore.

Fan Pack
Follower Pack
Revenue Pack
?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
blackstar wrote:
lol
Nobody cares if you believe someone.
Why than are you showing off your packs when you say it is all about the mtx? Makes no sense at all what your talking.
It was support to ggg because it was their main income. If you cannot understand that its ok, no matter. But some of us do.
Now they get a steady income flow so a lot will stop "supporting" the indycompany ofc.
Look at riot. Since tencent got stakes on lol the game got even more shit than it was before.
Players gone for the highest tiers just because of the goodVSevil/smallVsbig/indieVSmultibilliondollarcompany feeling and because they shared the vision GGG once provided in their endless posts about PoE. That and ofc to show them off in forums. Some of them got more than +20.000 coins on bank and do not care about mtx at all, because they quit playing a long time ago. Still some support the game and tags and renown in forums is all they care for.

I could also say people buy a brand tshirt because of the fabrics. No most ppl buy it because of the stupid brand and to only show it of.
Its the same with the packs.

thats great - so you supported GGG as a small company, but why? did you not want to see them grow and succeed?
the way these people are acting its as if they didn't. they just wanted to keep GGG under their boot heel and to do okay to keep making what makes them happy, but not to get too big or too successful.
this should be a proud moment for all the people who feel like they were just supporting little old kiwi company. well they bloomed, they grew, they succeeded beyond their wildest dreams! for whatever reason you sick people treat this as a failure. its pure selfish bullshit.
hope none of you have kids.
"
thats great - so you supported GGG as a small company, but why? did you not want to see them grow and succeed?
the way these people are acting its as if they didn't. they just wanted to keep GGG under their boot heel and to do okay to keep making what makes them happy, but not to get too big or too successful.
this should be a proud moment for all the people who feel like they were just supporting little old kiwi company. well they bloomed, they grew, they succeeded beyond their wildest dreams! for whatever reason you sick people treat this as a failure. its pure selfish bullshit.
hope none of you have kids.

So, if you had a sweet college GF who was trying to be a supermodel. You support her and love her throughout college and into life.... Then it happens....she makes it to the "big time" on her back... You would still support and love her since she obviously must take the "on her back" path to success - right?
NEW TITLE UNLOCKED The Hustled.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info