[3.5] Oni-Goroshi Wild Strike/Molten Strike: (Slayer/Jugg, 7K+ HP, 5k+ Leech) ~ Uber Elder Down!

"
KooperT wrote:
"
"Damage on Full Life is a support gem that grants more damage made with the supported attack skill, but only when the player is on full life. Being even one life below the maximum will nullify the effect."

It doesn't work! How more explicit can it be?
With Vaal pact you are never at maximum life always few points below. Only exeption are hideout and when you enter the map.

This is 100% incorrect - they made this change a few leagues ago. Yes, I know it's counter-intuitive to what you are reading on the wiki.

You are now always on "full life" even if your life bar shows 99%, WITH vaal pact, and WITH blood rage - as long as you are actively leeching and the leech is higher than your degen.

This was a specific change GGG made (iirc) sometime right after the Ascendancy revamp.

Note that this interaction is ONLY possible as a Slayer due to the overleech. All other classes have the leech removed when you hit max health, so Dmg on Full Life drops off. This is probably why you are confused by this interaction.

Tnx for the clarification.
Dropped a perfect rolled Oni just now, will keep you posted on progress.
just reporting in. almost 300 deep, still good. wild strike single target sucks ass so for some rares that deep you need to swap or skip if ur one the way. overall got to 95 without any problems. 8k hp, got for more dps otherwise 8,3k. killed t15 elder, uber atziri, shaper, twinned bosses of all kinds. gotta run uber elder but too lazy as of now to get there. was thinking about new build but this one has everyething - clear speed, dps, high hp pool and reductions. things are kinda expensive now tho but as a league starter it was quite cheap.
Been playing this build as my second character. It's quite expensive, but its tanky and MS ruins any boss you come across.
My Current Gear

I run ancestral protector for a DPS boost on bosses. I can consistantly take down Uber Izaro before his first leap with a protector. Otherwise I use blood magic, since it links to whirling blades. Whirling into a pack to realize I'm on 0 mana is not fun. Once you get the marauder and ranger crit nodes, the ice golem is only good for accuracy which goes down to 93-94% hit chance.

I've been extraordinarily lucky this league getting my gear:

I rolled the +3 MS enchant on my ULab run just to get my last ascendancy points.

I bought the cheapest Kaom's Heart when I could afford it, had 20-21% Fire. I tossed a divine on it and rolled 40%. Sold that bad boy for 4ex to buy another cheap one and my 2nd Oni-G.

Tombfist was like 2ex, but that's just me making money from delves.

The wild strike helm was 50c.

Rest of the gear is ~10c crap gear, just to get resists and life where I could.

All together, I think my current gear is worth about 20ex. Far from budget, but its not required to function.

Budgeting
The cost of this build has grown considerably, but to get started you only really need one Oni-G.

Get it colored for wild strike and when you need to use molten strike swap:
Ancestral Call>Molten Strike
Wild Strike> Faster Attacks
Combustion>Concentrated Efect

With this setup, you essentially swap Combustion for Faster attacks. This is a 6% DPS loss according to PoB, which isn't bad at all.
BUT!
Your ignite change is 5%. You need to ignite to get "In Her Embrace" buff which is(for this build) STRICTLY required.
To compensate this you'll have to drop 2 gem slots off your gear. In these slots you need your fire skill of choice and combustion. I used Molten strike, since it has many chance to ignite per swing(hit and balls), but incinerate works as well.

Delving
This build relies heavily on Life Leach, which doesn't work on monsters in the dark. No damage, no leach. However, if you plan to farm in the dark(which you should) you can get away with swapping your Damage on Full Life for Life Gained on Hit.

At max level and a WS+6 helm, you will get 45 hits with a lightning attack, which equates to 1980 life. With multistrike you usually get to max HP with one click.
***This is purely for the unlit areas, as the DPS loss is enough to not one shot some magic packs while your running your cart.

Your over-leach last for a good 3-4 seconds sometimes, so you can dart into area to loot 1 or 2 things, but stopping to pick up all the orbs from a lost weath has killed me on more than one occasion.

I am only at about 200 depth, and the DPS feels fine. As others have stated, its a bit slow on rares. A lot of them have Ele resist affix which can take 5 or more attacks to take down with Wild Strike. Molten Strike doesn't care, though, and they melt from the falling balls long after I whirl to the next pack.

What now?
I am just past 5k life with this build. Farming lower level delves for Pristine and Prismatic fossils, so I can just spam them on Jewels for that sweet, sweet life/flat damage. Any jewel with a remotely useful stat with life seems to cost 50c-500ex...
Flat elemental damage does more for Wild Strike, but Flat Phys(even though it is like 1/2 the damage of ele) does more for Molten Strike.
Other than jewels, I just need more life on my jewelry. Xoph's blood is about a 10%ish increase in DPS, so its a strict luxury item. No plans on getting it unless I happen upon a heart in a breach.

"
Your ignite change is 5%. You need to ignite to get "In Her Embrace" buff which is(for this build) STRICTLY required.

You actually have higher than 5% ignite chance with a budget setup - you get 10% also from the 2 nodes leading to Primeval Force.

Also remember that crits have a 100% chance to apply ignite, and your crit chance should be quite high with a Diamond flask up. (Also, if running Herald of Ash, the overkills count as igniting).

Remember that leech is directly tied to your maximum HP - 5K is pretty low with Kaom's, when this build can quite easily hit 7K and even 8K. It's worth losing damage stats on your rings/necklace to ensure they have at least T2 life rolls.

You'll feel much more comfortable on all content with at least 6500HP than 5K, it's a big difference.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Sep 28, 2018, 10:23:37 AM
I am confused so this is not a scion build? because isnt slayer and jugg for Marauder?
Spoiler

Guess I'm gonna make a my first post here.I'm fairly new to POE but not to ARPG games, started the league with this build, just leveling and buy 2 swords which is kinda cheap at the start of the league.
I really like this build so far, I have been farming uber elder with that setup.
Delving is pretty good,350 depth at the moment, I switched out Wild Strike at ~250 depth for Consecrated Path just because I want to try new skill. I have been playing around with the new Unnatural Instinct Jewel too and it feels amazing with scion.

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/fi02wiCW
POB with Unnatural Instinct

Update on 20th,2018: Got 40/40 this league, this is an amazing build to start the league and the can kill anyboss with ease, the last 3 Auls I fought are 290,350 and 591 are cake. Thank you OP for this, this would be one of my league starter from now on.
Last edited by blackhorns101291 on Oct 20, 2018, 6:57:51 PM
Char: SilenceDoesDelve

Can someone look at my gear and give me some pointers in which direction to head? This is my first season playing SSF, and my goal is to kill Shaper, which I have never done since he came out.

I feel like my dmg is still good with my gear/build, but I feel really squishy even with charges up, fortify, and flasks. I am at delve 160 or so, and just breaking into red maps. I am having problems sustaining them right now but i'm working on that.

I also haven't been leveling for a bit because now I die enough that with the level of maps i'm running I don't get enough xp to counter-act the deaths.

I feel like my gear flatout doesn't have enough life on it, but i've burned a ton of currency trying to craft better and with very marginal luck. I still do the chaos recipe, to use for zana and to reroll gear.

I've had 4 exalts drop so far on this char and used them all, with shit results on all of them.

Any advice is appreciated
Last edited by dieh on Oct 6, 2018, 8:27:19 PM
"
dieh wrote:

Can someone look at my gear and give me some pointers in which direction to head? This is my first season playing SSF, and my goal is to kill Shaper, which I have never done since he came out.

I feel like my dmg is still good with my gear/build, but I feel really squishy even with charges up, fortify, and flasks. I am at delve 160 or so, and just breaking into red maps. I am having problems sustaining them right now but i'm working on that.

I also haven't been leveling for a bit because now I die enough that with the level of maps i'm running I don't get enough xp to counter-act the deaths.

I feel like my gear flatout doesn't have enough life on it, but i've burned a ton of currency trying to craft better and with very marginal luck. I still do the chaos recipe, to use for zana and to reroll gear.

I've had 4 exalts drop so far on this char and used them all, with shit results on all of them.

Hi m8.

I was going to tell you not to waste your Ex, but then i saw that you are SSF. :)

My advice will be to farm up Kaom's from Volcano or just burn all your chance orbs as you map around. Life is defense.

You have 2 4link slots you are not using, your gloves and helm can get more gems, maybe another low lvl CwdT w/ curse or something to help you live longer. Or a Stone golem with Minion Life and Faster attacks, he will live longer and taunt+regen as you are not using Vaal Pack. Or something else, experiment around, see what makes you feel better while maping/Delving or Bossing.

As for using Ex is SSF, what i've learned from the SSF streamers is to use an Ex on an already epic rare, so even if you get meh results you still get a good item.

Also fossil crafting in SSF is king. If i was you i'll spend an hour or so farming a few fossils and resonators. Check the POE Youtubers they've released a guides on how to do it.

As for what to craft check out this page https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Boots&an=str_armour you can select the base and then check fossils to see what can roll. Its awesome for planning what to farm and what to use.
There are also posts on what combos are good for what, but i like doing the SCIENCE by myself. :D

As for your flasks you need to make you life flask an Instant, its your only Life Saver in bad situations, you also have two bleed removals, maybe change them to something more.

This is as much wisdom as my admittedly newb experience can spew out, hope it helps.

I'm leveling this now as well just to test it out, as i may use it as starter next league. :D

Edit: For you tree, i would drop the 3 points you've taken above Art of the Gladiator and spec Herbalism and its 2 nodes, its +12% life then what you are currently getting.
Steel and Iron,
Guard me well!
Or else I'm Dead,
and Doomed to Hell!
Last edited by JohnGrimm on Oct 8, 2018, 3:16:07 AM
"
dieh wrote:

get vaal pact, own it all. since ur ssf no need to advice on gears. maybe it seems like its not worth after nerf but without it its bad. I'd say that will keep you up unless you are gettin one shot. also without it your damage is low coz you are not always on full life.

btw in deeper delves (300+) it might be worth gettin smth else then dmg on full life as they hit hard and ofteh so the uptime of full life is not so great.

but get vaal pact, best advice i can give u

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info