[3.5] Oni-Goroshi Wild Strike/Molten Strike: (Slayer/Jugg, 7K+ HP, 5k+ Leech) ~ Uber Elder Down!

"
dieh wrote:
Char: SilenceDoesDelve

Can someone look at my gear and give me some pointers in which direction to head? This is my first season playing SSF, and my goal is to kill Shaper, which I have never done since he came out.

I don't play SSF but I do know that Kaom's is definitely farmable from Volcano, and is a centerpiece to this build. 500 flat life is more than all the items you currently have equipped, since the numbers are pretty low on your jewelry etc.

This is a LEECH build, hence Slayer. Leech is extremely reliant on maximum HP, which yours is likely very low - you also don't have Vaal Pact... which is the entire point of a leech build. Also, you changed your tree considerably and don't have the Scion life wheel, meaning even less life. Also don't have Herbalism. You opted for a bunch of the Marauder area starting nodes which, frankly, aren't that strong for this build - the life regen nodes are wasted with Vaal Pact. You want as much %life as possible from the Scion wheel.

You'll find the tankyness is MUCH higher when you have proper 7-8k+ HP rather than like 5K-6K (i assume you are around that?). You need enough EHP to survive hits to leech to full.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Oct 9, 2018, 10:40:00 AM
Thanks for the replies fellas, I do appreciate. I'm almost written off this season hence it took a minute for me to check this thread but.

To address, Vaal Pact I have taken, and untaken, and re-taken, i'm still waffling on it depending on what I am doing at the time. The extra leech is fantastic but having no regen can be a real pain in the ass with Oni.

Also as far as changing the skill tree.. I had to because the only skill trees posted in this thread are for Scion. Even the one that says Jugg links to a Scion build.

Farming Kaom's from volcanoes ends up being quite a bit more difficult when playing SSF and full atlas as I can't guarantee volcano drops. I have been trying to chance it non-stop however.

I definitely am going to re-spect for Herbalism.. this is a good call.

Thanks again
Last edited by dieh on Oct 12, 2018, 12:49:40 AM
If you only finsih volcano and take all other finished lvl 4 maps from the atlas via sextant recipe, you will gather lots of volcano maps then.
Concerning your degen "issues", just hit attack skills moderately, you got multistrike, spamming attack skills will get you degen issues.
Last edited by Wilmots on Oct 12, 2018, 7:11:28 AM
"
dieh wrote:

To address, Vaal Pact I have taken, and untaken, and re-taken, i'm still waffling on it depending on what I am doing at the time. The extra leech is fantastic but having no regen can be a real pain in the ass with Oni.

Also as far as changing the skill tree.. I had to because the only skill trees posted in this thread are for Scion. Even the one that says Jugg links to a Scion build.

This is primarily a playstyle issue; Vaal Pact is extremely strong alongside Slayer overleech, as you can still easily negate the Oni degen for a good 5-10 seconds after actually killing a pack of mobs. There should be absolutely no reason you haven't reached the next pack of mobs in this timeframe. If you haven't, and are prone to stopping/looting too much, you are not playing the game at proper efficiency (IE - you are too slow).

This build has no Jugg version - build is Scion only - but with either Slayer/Jugg or Slayer/Raider combo.
Divine Ire Trickster:
Im currently 84 SSF. On my way to a xophs, which might take some time due to luck, stumbled over a carnage heart and was laughing first, then it did well. As long as I progress further.
Hi, nice build! I just try to run with new cons path, looks good. How i can improve my gear?
map setup

change for big bosses

I looked at your skill tree, you grab the Primeval Force node, picking up the "chance to Ignite, Freeze, and Shock" along the way. Why don't you have anything in the build that does lightning damage?

I mean I have tested this with a lvl 1 hearld of thunder and consistantly get the trigger, which means I am shocking stuff with pitiful amounts of shock damage.

Maybe I don't understand shock, but I would think that 2 sec of at least 10-20% more damage would be worth it to at least have a little bit of lightning damage in the build.
"
Quiex__VZ wrote:
I looked at your skill tree, you grab the Primeval Force node, picking up the "chance to Ignite, Freeze, and Shock" along the way. Why don't you have anything in the build that does lightning damage?

I mean I have tested this with a lvl 1 hearld of thunder and consistantly get the trigger, which means I am shocking stuff with pitiful amounts of shock damage.

Maybe I don't understand shock, but I would think that 2 sec of at least 10-20% more damage would be worth it to at least have a little bit of lightning damage in the build.

Avatar of Fire means you only do 100% fire damage... The Primevil Force node is primarily taken as it gives you some extra chance to ignite, ensuring you proc your Oni Goroshi as soon as possible. 4% increased damage as an alternative is pretty minimal - you can take it if you prefer.

Also, that's not how shock works. Taken from the Wiki:
[quote] Hits below the minimum threshold of 1% effect are discarded,[1] effectively requiring a hit of 0.2% enemy maximum life. As an example, The Shaper has approximately 20 000 000 life. Minimally shocking The Shaper requires a single hit of 40 000 lightning damage. Hits below the minimum threshold of 1% effect are discarded,[1] effectively requiring a hit of 0.2% enemy maximum life. As an example, The Shaper has approximately 20 000 000 life. Minimally shocking The Shaper requires a single hit of 40 000 lightning damage. [/quote]

It's extremely unlikely you will ever have even 1% more damage on bosses even without Avatar of Fire, as your lightning damage is minimal.

Divine Ire Trickster:
The only way to leech is using leech on hit, i dont know what im doing wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info