[3.5] Oni-Goroshi Wild Strike/Molten Strike: (Slayer/Jugg, 7K+ HP, 5k+ Leech) ~ Uber Elder Down!

Thank you so much for the reply.

I guess I'll stick to MS then, I'd rather follow the build guide than trying to change to much and ending up with a build that will be sub-par.

Maybe I will test Bladeflurry when I get to higher tier maps (gonna be a few days, still going through the acts), and if that doesn't work out there's always MS to fall back to.

Leveling experience is pretty smooth so far, even though I probably screwed up my passive tree. Leech isn't great yet, but running 2 Life Flasks pretty much solves all my survivability problems sp far, and being able to clear Incursions while leveling is a nice bonus, especially since I picked up the Wildfire Gem quest reward from Act 5.

Will keep you posted on my progress, but as I said it will probably be a while until I get to higher tier maps.
Gonna roll this build for the weekend -- are you still playing it?
"
greenimp77 wrote:

Yes I am, still having a ton of fun. I enjoy the aspect of flexibility in this build greatly; being strong in BOTH clearspeed/mapclear as well as strong in bossing capabilities. A lot of builds I played in the past specifically targeted one or the other.

Specifically, I enjoy being able to speedclear high T14-16 maps, incursions, do the temple, as well as farm guardians/elder/shaper when I feel like it. If you're just looking for a build to mindless grind Burial Chambers with MF/Quantity gear... this is obviously not the optimal build.

I've completed all 15 Shaper orbs and I just killed all 4 Uber Elder Guardians last night.
I'll be attempting Uber Elder tonight or tomorrow - Haven't done him before, but this build is strong, so with some practice I imagine it should be doable.

Uber Elder aside, I've had absolutely no problems with all 4 Shaper Guardians, Red Elder, Atziri (Uber and regular), T15/16 Maps/Incursions, Atzoati Temple, etc.

I may post some more videos over this weekend of stuff like incursions/high maps so people can get an idea of how the build plays.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Jun 8, 2018, 1:00:36 PM
hey

the non paste bin skill tree seems to be broken? the path isn't showing clearly.. not sure if its me or the link.

also can you elaborate on the game play a bit more? when to switch weaps etc?
"
KooperT wrote:
"
greenimp77 wrote:

Yes I am, still having a ton of fun. I enjoy the aspect of flexibility in this build greatly; being strong in BOTH clearspeed/mapclear as well as strong in bossing capabilities. A lot of builds I played in the past specifically targeted one or the other.

Specifically, I enjoy being able to speedclear high T14-16 maps, incursions, do the temple, as well as farm guardians/elder/shaper when I feel like it. If you're just looking for a build to mindless grind Burial Chambers with MF/Quantity gear... this is obviously not the optimal build.

I've completed all 15 Shaper orbs and I just killed all 4 Uber Elder Guardians last night.
I'll be attempting Uber Elder tonight or tomorrow - Haven't done him before, but this build is strong, so with some practice I imagine it should be doable.

Uber Elder aside, I've had absolutely no problems with all 4 Shaper Guardians, Red Elder, Atziri (Uber and regular), T15/16 Maps/Incursions, Atzoati Temple, etc.

I may post some more videos over this weekend of stuff like incursions/high maps so people can get an idea of how the build plays.

Awesome. I agree 100% with your ideal style of play. I'm definitely looking for a build with that kind of versatility.

I just hit 90 with Demi's FlyingPurplePeople Lacerate (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1894126), and while it's a super strong build, it doesn't have a very gratifying playstyle - no cool effects or explosions.

I'll post an update with where I'm at in a few days. I'm excited about trying it out. Thanks for sharing!

One note - I see you're using Xoph's Blood, but you don't really mention it anywhere. It's going for around 5ex right now which is pretty steep. Would you say it's a required component of the build or just something to work towards at end game?
Last edited by greenimp77 on Jun 8, 2018, 1:38:02 PM
"
mojohorlick wrote:
hey

the non paste bin skill tree seems to be broken? the path isn't showing clearly.. not sure if its me or the link.

I assume you're talking about this:

https://i.imgur.com/XpPtI6j.png

Please correct me if I'm wrong and this is indeed just a bug with the old tree!

It's because of "Path of the Duelist", the last Ascendency Node in the Duelist Tree. This let's you put points in the Duelist Starting Area without having to Allocate them. Thats why the upper Circle on the picture I linked is not connected to the rest of the passive tree.
That means once you finish the 3rd Lab, you can start using your Respec Points (or Orb of Regrets to generate more Respec Points if you don't have enough) to follow the passive tree like in the guide. Before that, you have to start your path on the Scion Area.

This is how I started. I'm not very far with leveling yet (55ish), but it works for me so far.

https://i.imgur.com/6cfsnbS.jpg?1
Last edited by Clayne on Jun 8, 2018, 3:23:25 PM
"
Clayne wrote:
"
mojohorlick wrote:
hey

I assume you're talking about this:

https://i.imgur.com/XpPtI6j.png

Please correct me if I'm wrong and this is indeed just a bug with the old tree!

It's because of "Path of the Duelist", the last Ascendency Node in the Duelist Tree. This let's you put points in the Duelist Starting Area without having to Allocate them. Thats why the upper Circle on the picture I linked is not connected to the rest of the passive tree.
That means once you finish the 3rd Lab, you can start using your Respec Points (or Orb of Regrets to generate more Respec Points if you don't have enough) to follow the passive tree like in the guide. Before that, you have to start your path on the Scion Area.

This is how I started. I'm not very far with leveling yet (55ish), but it works for me so far.

https://i.imgur.com/6cfsnbS.jpg?1

ah i see.. thanks for explaining.. still newish to the game so that really helped. i hope OP can add to his guide to helps others too
"
mojohorlick wrote:

ah i see.. thanks for explaining.. still newish to the game so that really helped. i hope OP can add to his guide to helps others too

Sure no problem. Having no leveling tree progression in the guide can be a bit rough on newer players, so I'm glad I could be of help.

On another note:

Any suggestions on how high we should level the CwDT setup? I like having the threshold around 50% of my max HP to not get rid of my Endurance Charges to often but still prevent big spikes from twoshotting me. Should work for this build as well I guess?
Last edited by Clayne on Jun 9, 2018, 12:26:39 AM
"

I just hit 90 with Demi's FlyingPurplePeople Lacerate (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1894126), and while it's a super strong build, it doesn't have a very gratifying playstyle - no cool effects or explosions.

One note - I see you're using Xoph's Blood, but you don't really mention it anywhere. It's going for around 5ex right now which is pretty steep. Would you say it's a required component of the build or just something to work towards at end game?

I guarantee you that this build has some of the most gratifying explosions all over the map; between fiery explosions, herald of ash explosions, icy waves, arc chains... it's awesome to look at, and you can "feel" the impact of each swing.

Xoph's is definitely NOT required; I didn't specifically mention it (I don't think I have a "gear section") but it's definitely a chase item for this build.

I just used a rare necklace with Int, Life, Resists and Crit Mult or Flat Phys before Xoph's.

This build performs 100% fine without it; Xoph's is great, however, as it provides:

1) Converts ALL damage to Fire (Allowing for maximum benefit of elemental pen/fire pen, etc.)
2) Covered in Ash (For more damage)

Another player trying my build says he's using a Carnage Heart, which I guess is a good cheap-unique alternative as well.

"

Any suggestions on how high we should level the CwDT setup? I like having the threshold around 50% of my max HP to not get rid of my Endurance Charges to often but still prevent big spikes from twoshotting me. Should work for this build as well I guess?

I have my CWDT setup at level 20.
No reason not to really; Level 20 golem and Lvl20 Immortal Call are great.

As you say, it takes 3200 damage to proc, and I currently have 7K HP - so it's roughly 40%.
Basically, as long as you aren't oneshot by a big hit, you are practically guaranteed to have it proc on any big hit (or a string of a bunch of smaller hits).

Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Jun 9, 2018, 5:39:40 PM
Well I didn't get as much time to play over the weekend as I wanted to, but I did manage to get to 75. So far the offense of the build is incredible - I was able to clear T15 no problem. I can only imagine how great it's going to be once I get about 15 more skill points and fill out the crit/multi nodes.

Defensively it feels a little squishy. I was getting randomly 1 shot. I'm at 6200 health so that could be improved. I think the -70% chaos res is the biggest problem. I'll just have to figure out where I can squeeze some in. This build is tough to balance gear with.

Lots of fun to play though! I'm looking forward to pushing it to 90.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info