[3.5] Oni-Goroshi Wild Strike/Molten Strike: (Slayer/Jugg, 7K+ HP, 5k+ Leech) ~ Uber Elder Down!

@KooperT, in your profile you are still ranger/slayer but you wrote the guide for slayer/jugg, which is the better version?
Last edited by Pancakezx on Jun 14, 2018, 9:19:59 AM
"
The adventures of LauraVanderbooben

I just want to say thank you again KooperT. This has been my favorite build so far, I'm usually someone who plays multiple builds each league in a short time, quitting soon after because nothing feels great and I'm running out of currency, but I've been playing this one pretty much since the league started and I enjoy it more every day.

@Clayne, thanks for a great review writeup. I really am enjoying this build (otherwise I wouldn't have played it in BSC, Flashback and Incursion) - and glad to hear others are enjoying it as well.

Your post was so excellent that I incorporated into my OP, towards the very top, as it will assist new players with a "new leveling" experience. I originally intended this build for veterans, so I omitted stuff like leveling trees or early experiences. If you'd prefer I remove it, let me know.

Definitely one important thing you mentioned is the buying of Rebirth cards; I got my first Oni-Goroshi on the 3rd day of Incursion for 27c total (1c per card) - and it was surprisingly easy, with 90% of people I whispered responding to sell the cards eagerly. Got my second sword on the 4th day for 27c again. Buying the sword itself was easily 40-60c, making the cards a much more budget-friendly option, and making this build exceptionally "strong" in terms of a leaguestarter.

Not needing to worry about a 6-link chest, and automatically getting a strong unique that covers both your weapon and 6-L needs (for 27 chaos) made this build one of the easiest league-starters I've played (and I have over 6000 hours clocked over past leagues.)

"
@KooperT, in your profile you are still ranger/slayer but you wrote the guide for slayer/jugg, which is the better version?

I have tested both extensively; and I would say, for all-purpose and mapping, Jugg/Slayer is far superior. I was Jugg/Slayer for the last 2 weeks, only respeccing to Raider/Slayer last night, as I wanted to see if it performed better on Uber Elder. I've downed Uber Elder 5 times now.

Tne 100% uptime of endurance charges means 3-4 second immortal calls, basically meaning that you never die to physical damage. The stun immunity is also overlooked; while "Her Embrace" does provide this, you won't have it initially. If you whirling blades into a pack, you can easily get stunlocked down before being able to swing, to proc Her Embrace.

Also, +1000 flat accuracy makes early gearing a breeze. I literally had 94% chance to hit with ZERO accuracy on gear. If you go Raider/Slayer, your base hit automatically drops to around 87-88%, so you really need some accuracy on gear.

The reason I am currently Raider/Slayer is that this variant is much better for boss killing; Currently, I exclusively farm only T16 Elder Underground Sea, Uber Elder, Guardians, and Shaper. I just need to burn down the bosses quick and be able to move around/dodge stuff; and Raider provides 100% uptime of frenzy charges/onslaught. Both Raider and Jugg are great for their own reasons, I would recommend trying both to see which playstyle suits you more. It only costs 20 regret orbs to spec out of one to the other.

Overall, I would not recommend you play Raider variant unless you are in the extreme endgame with very good gear... if you take a look at my gear, it is basically top notch, with little room for improvement. I kill everything so fast now that I no longer "need" the defensive options that Juggernaut provides.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Jun 14, 2018, 10:10:13 AM
Spoiler
"
KooperT wrote:
"
The adventures of LauraVanderbooben

I just want to say thank you again KooperT. This has been my favorite build so far, I'm usually someone who plays multiple builds each league in a short time, quitting soon after because nothing feels great and I'm running out of currency, but I've been playing this one pretty much since the league started and I enjoy it more every day.

@Clayne, thanks for a great review writeup. I really am enjoying this build (otherwise I wouldn't have played it in BSC, Flashback and Incursion) - and glad to hear others are enjoying it as well.

Your post was so excellent that I incorporated into my OP, towards the very top, as it will assist new players with a "new leveling" experience. I originally intended this build for veterans, so I omitted stuff like leveling trees or early experiences. If you'd prefer I remove it, let me know.

Definitely one important thing you mentioned is the buying of Rebirth cards; I got my first Oni-Goroshi on the 3rd day of Incursion for 27c total (1c per card) - and it was surprisingly easy, with 90% of people I whispered responding to sell the cards eagerly. Got my second sword on the 4th day for 27c again. Buying the sword itself was easily 40-60c, making the cards a much more budget-friendly option, and making this build exceptionally "strong" in terms of a leaguestarter.

Not needing to worry about a 6-link chest, and automatically getting a strong unique that covers both your weapon and 6-L needs (for 27 chaos) made this build one of the easiest league-starters I've played (and I have over 6000 hours clocked over past leagues.)

"

I have tested both extensively; and I would say, for all-purpose and mapping, Jugg/Slayer is far superior. I was Jugg/Slayer for the last 2 weeks, only respeccing to Raider/Slayer last night, as I wanted to see if it performed better on Uber Elder. I've downed Uber Elder 5 times now.

Tne 100% uptime of endurance charges means 3-4 second immortal calls, basically meaning that you never die to physical damage. The stun immunity is also overlooked; while "Her Embrace" does provide this, you won't have it initially. If you whirling blades into a pack, you can easily get stunlocked down before being able to swing, to proc Her Embrace.

Also, +1000 flat accuracy makes early gearing a breeze. I literally had 94% chance to hit with ZERO accuracy on gear. If you go Raider/Slayer, your base hit automatically drops to around 87-88%, so you really need some accuracy on gear.

The reason I am currently Raider/Slayer is that this variant is much better for boss killing; Currently, I exclusively farm only T16 Elder Underground Sea, Uber Elder, Guardians, and Shaper. I just need to burn down the bosses quick and be able to move around/dodge stuff; and Raider provides 100% uptime of frenzy charges/onslaught. Both Raider and Jugg are great for their own reasons, I would recommend trying both to see which playstyle suits you more. It only costs 20 regret orbs to spec out of one to the other.

Overall, I would not recommend you play Raider variant unless you are in the extreme endgame with very good gear... if you take a look at my gear, it is basically top notch, with little room for improvement. I kill everything so fast now that I no longer "need" the defensive options that Juggernaut provides.

Thanks for the very well wrote reply :)
Hi, what is best links for frost blades and reave for this build for cleaning maps (i use molten strike for bosses ind second sword)? I just dont like wild strike, too much video effects.
Hi, thank you for the guide and amazing build. I leveled it as my 3rd build in Incursion and been having a blast.

If you have time, I'd like to hear what you think about my gear and what I should next improve on and also how to proceed with skill points? Should I go for jewels or endurance/frenzy charges?

Atm I'm mostly running T12-T16 maps - this is pretty much my first time in PoE end game.

Thanks again!
Update on my progress:

I dropped the Oskarm gloves and replaced with Tombfist. I really wanted to keep Assassins mark so I picked up a Assassins Mark on hit ring which does the job nicely. Cost 2.5ex but definitely worth it!

I'm up to 6900 life and I feel a lot more tankier now. Mapping speed in unreal -- I'm pushing 250 million xp/hr even at level 86.

I still get the occasional random 1-hit but I think that has a lot to do with my reckless playstyle of leap slam into the middle of every pack and start blasting...

Next upgrade will be Xoph's Blood which will really push the build over the top! Of course it's going to require some major reworking of gear to meet the damn INT and res requirements... I really want to avoid having to spend passives on resistances...

hey guys

ive been looking..why tombfist? whats so good about it? is it the % life?

or do the abyss socket actually matter?
Tombfist provides Intimidate (when socketed with a Murderous Eye Jewel.)

Intimidate is a 10% MORE damage multiplier. There are very limited methods of getting this debuff.

The Abyss jewels are also extremely strong. Each one of my abyss jewels provide me over 20-30K DPS and 50 flat life (which is 150 after skill tree)
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Jun 18, 2018, 10:15:40 AM
IDK guys like 50% of the dps from this build comes from xoph's blood. It seems extremely underwhelming without the investment in this singular wonder item.

What gives?
"
Konried wrote:
IDK guys like 50% of the dps from this build comes from xoph's blood. It seems extremely underwhelming without the investment in this singular wonder item.

What gives?

I am at level 91 with this build without Xophs Blood and I am really enjoying it, it does not feel underwhelming to me at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info