Tencent has Invested in Grinding Gear Games

"
AlVash2 wrote:

Only because the game is dying now and they need fresh blood. Basically everything got more expensive after tencent bought them.

Well, that's not gonna happen here, because PoE mtx are already ludicrously over-priced :D Rising the price even more would justkill the sales entirely.

Still, Tencent did not make LoL pay to win, if i'm correct. And they didn't make Fortnite pay to win either, at least not yet.
I suppose to fit the flavor and setting, there's no better way to go out than selling your soul. As I've seen the downfall of other games, and didn't even know Tencent was involved, so dies the dark light of Path of Exile to me.

Sooner or later, the night takes us all.
Yuck, well that is the end of PoE for me. I'm personally not interested in supporting anything to do with China for various reasons.
If you don't change the graphic engine in 4.0.0 so you can keep up with graphics cause the game looks bad for 2018 and it will look even worse for 2020,then this Tencent acquisition is meaningless.
Did you see how Wolcen looks?! Pffff
Last edited by crashbashl on May 21, 2018, 11:32:17 AM
Congrats to Chris and the team, I hope this deal leads to further growth of GGG and Path of Exile. I love this game and will continue to support it. Chris knows what is best for his company and game and I trust his decision.
LMAO

When do we start learning Chinese and censor gore in the main game?
"
nskLantash wrote:
"
AlVash2 wrote:

Only because the game is dying now and they need fresh blood. Basically everything got more expensive after tencent bought them.

Well, that's not gonna happen here, because PoE mtx are already ludicrously over-priced :D Rising the price even more would justkill the sales entirely.

Truth. Perhaps the new overlords will finally drill a simple fact into GGG's heads: Selling 100000 items at $20 each generates more profit than selling 1000 of them at $40 each. I can't be the only person who sees a $40+ set of cosmetic, single use gear and laughs.
There are two types of POE players:
1) Those who want to walk uphill both ways barefoot on broken glass wearing a blindfold
2) F*cking noobs

I identify as transnational Chinese. May I have access to their QOL features, please?
Well, all I can say is good luck.

I have read less than favorable stories about Tencent, however, everything on them internets must be taken with a pinch of salt so until found guilty I give Tencent a pass.Their focus on mobile games does not give me great confidence they are doing this investment out of charity but as long as Tencent's investment does not impact existing monetization and development model, I have nothing to complain about.

This investment, however, raises questions about micro-transaction prices. I always looked at those prices as a way to support independent developer such as GGG. Now that GGG received some amount of money/funding from investor I would say micro-transaction prices should get lower. Just my two cents.
I would LOVE a Tinfoil Hat MTX right about now.

A little worrying, but based on LoL they do seem to be pretty good at being hands off.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info