Tencent has Invested in Grinding Gear Games

Maybe I cannot be like the actual (chess) player that realize a special move in a single moment, but yet have a sensitive question(haven't browsed the whole replies for same ones sry) - will this move have some impact on Garena POE in Taiwan, especially when the tension between the island and the PRC mounts?
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
"
jutomo wrote:
"
Ashriel wrote:
Yikes. I knew you were partnered already, but Chinese money is the dirtiest you could possibly take.

What made you say that? Chinese people are hard-working and they make money with their sweat and blood. You cannot just say something like that without evidence and knowledge.

Hey man, you are right.
We Chinese make money with our sweat and blood.
Tell you what, game workshops of Tencent work over 70 hours a week... busy copying other games.
I attended their recruitment interview and every Chinese is aware of its fame.
Hope that's enough evidence and knowledge for you.
hhmm.. everyone seems upset and disappointed with the news.. I for 1 but..

1..everyone has the right to comment..pour out your wrath..its understandable.. you love the game..we love the game.. especially the ones who has supporter tags.. (i haven't,its limited payment scheme,so imagine how envy burns in my veins for 3yrs(4stashtabs only?))

2..i think uninstalling/quiting can be done at a later time when you think we are playing a different game already..(if you see a chinesenamed-endgame boss or we see blurred skulls perhaps?)not a racist btw,im asian but not chinese,so lets observe first..give it maybe 2-3 leagues..maybe a year?

3..i agree with Xavathos view..
"
Plainly put, if PoE doesn't make enough money, they'll have no choice but to step in and try to "make something of it". Just one look at PoE China will tell you exactly what that means... -shudder-

My fear is that if the majority of people lose faith in the future of GGG and the game and stop supporting it, the money won't appease Tencent and the above theoretic scenario comes closer and closer to being reality. In essence, this decision has placed the fate of PoE in the hands of its supporter more so than ever before. (if I'm right)

tencent invested in POE because they saw Profits from the game..Profits that came from the supporters pockets..or if they have a tool to check how many players use the game or from database..
for every contract,there is like coverage years..like 2-5yrs? within lets say 5yrs..if Tencent saw game is going down in 1st yr..sinking..when they have their money in it..they will try to save the game,their money..by controlling it.. IF the game goes down... IF NOT.. Chris still controls the game..i think Tencent is only an investor,not a developer..or r they? m not sure..but ill trust Chris when he says he will be the one controlling the game.. actually its Chris and us..he listens to us..

4...what happens after contract ends? after 5yrs..GGG can buy out the share back and be in the mainstream without Tencent..is this possible? business ppl? any ideas for probable outcome after investing ends?(they can't tell us this strategy of course)if that happens they will be the 1st to break the chain.. Tencent is business,and so is GGG..both wants to grow..both has strategies..and we are GGG's assets.

5..final point is...Let's use Tencent in GGG's favor(maybe this is the hidden message in the title)..this is the only game that has this good communication with its playerbase, we can use that..right? don't give up that easy..let's test it for awhile(and use the TCfunds)..if they stopped how they communicate with the players like they used to...do what you want..in the end, those with the supporter tags are the judges for this game..so let's play the due process first before passing the judgement shall we..because i think supporters have a major role in this event..

6..i just hope im not gonna be casted out..that i have to register and pay before logging in to my account and play..if that happens..you'll know i'm out. hahaha..

so..that being said..let's go back to Incursion hype!! (oh RNGesus pls let me play this league for free its 11 days left..ill not complain about the drops anymore..pls..)
we all know what this means. Good for you, enjoy the extra cash but this is the beginning of the end of this game as we know it
Oh well, we just have some payment issues with China CEFC company in our country, I don't think China is good partner for anything (long term). I hope I'm wrong here and Chris knows what he is doing. Time will tell, there is nothing we can do now, just watch and wait. Stopping playing at this point is just ridiculous option, buying supporter packs on the other hand will definitely suffer for now, at least from non-asian countries.

Good luck to you GGG.
Last edited by Arakasi91 on May 21, 2018, 11:36:31 AM
I have no idea why tencent have so much interest in GGG since we all know GGG is never a profit driven company. But look at supercell who is now also owned by tencent, their game is not affected much after the invest except there is more package.
In general I am neutral to this event.
Well, time to find another game...
Now that you have money from Tencent, you should lower your MtX prices.
BY HALF !!!
They are out of this world.
40$ for a set is ludacris.
Half the prices and you will earn MORE money till the end of the fiscal year.
1000 ppl buying 40$ mtx is not the same as 5000 ppl buying 20$ Mtx.
More ppl will buy as they do not feel robbed anymore.
Tencent bought everything LOL. I've played a lot of chinese game by tencent , and they're good at milking player.
[3.2]Muh Sprinkler - /view-thread/2117962
[3.2]Muh Poet's pen elementalist - /view-thread/2105455
[2.6]Unethical Voltaxic -6mans shaper - /view-thread/1882958
[2.4]LULFinder CocDischarge - /view-thread/1753207 (sucks now)
[1.3]JustAnotherCritMjolner - /view-thread/1181110 (relics of the past)
I'm interested to know how you can say that this won't impact the development of the game, did you write this into a contract? If it's just based on rumors, which it sounds like in:
"
No. We spoke to CEOs of other companies that Tencent has invested in, and have been assured that Tencent has never tried to interfere with game design or operations outside of China.

Then I'm seriously worried for the future of this game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info