[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

ups
Last edited by m2tuu on Dec 25, 2018, 6:09:03 PM
Hey guffin its another one of those check my gears /character and let me know what i can improve.

For some reason im havign an hard time crafting a damn frostblade helmet, Im playing in hardcore so im using the hc version . My jewel are shit atm,but like 25 ess of horror later and no helmet for frostblade. thats like 12ex to waste. Crafted the molten helmet in about 2 tries lol. Funny how the molten one worth 6ex (cause rf) and even if i do pull and hypo one,its basically worthless.

anyway,i ran shit tier semi fast. I guess my frostblade dps just doesnt make it. character is public. Name Guts_The_Berserks . Would appreciate it.

Rings and stuff have all been self craft. theres obviously much less option available in hardcore, but putting my ring in your pob yur dps doesnt change all that much,so im happy with that.
"
m2tuu wrote:
Hey,
"
i tested do i have more life with atziris or tombfist and i have more life with atziris, i know i dont have best rings and amulet,im kinda bad with searching ones

Well I am not him but you probably didn’t try with 2 (decent ) jewels in it?
2 with 30 life give you the same 60 life as acuitys do and it’s not too expensive to get more life + some dmg.
And then there is the 5%+inc life on top.
Great guide and I love that you included search links to make sure we get the right items/stats.

But one question.... you didn’t include blood Rage into the cwdt setup to trigger the pantheon.... is that a mistake or intended? (You write about the pantheon interaction just below)

"
Guffinn wrote:
"
raizoir wrote:
Hey Guffin, loving the build! Great guide as well

Had a question about what I should go for next as far as upgrades. I have about a 12ex budget, wasn’t sure if unnatural instinct would be the way to go, or if I should spread out the upgrades

My profile should be on public

Yo mate, ty for the kind words and glad that you enjoy the Build :)

12ex is a lot of currency, and your Gear looks pretty damn solid so far.
That said, there are some things that come to mind:

Flip your Gems to get them to 20/20 at least. This mostly affects your Frost Blades Links right now, but keep it in mind for the MS ones as well.

Consider recrafting your Claw. WED is a suboptimal Prefix for the Multicraft, you could craft "Hits can't be evaded" and drop the Lyco for another Shield with more Life/Defenses/Damage/Res.
I'm gonna add that into the Guide on the 27th when I have time.

Try dropping the Quicksilver Flask. This really isn't a running Build, and a Quicksilver doesn't really add anything.
A Quartz would add another defensive Layer.

Your Jewellry looks pretty decent. You CAN get better ones, but it is questionable whether or not the price is justified.
There are some that I can find right now that would be slight DPS upgrades, at the loss of Res and Stats, which is pretty bad.

Other than that, you're obviously still missing quite some Nodes on the Tree :P

Your Char looks damn solid and you definitely got the Gist of gearing it.
Unnatural Instinct would for sure be an upgrade, but I'd recommend recrafting the Claw+getting another good Shield, getting 20/20 Gems and fixing Flasks first.
As soon as you're a bit higher Level/have more Life, you will be able to drop the Life Flask as well pretty easily.

Crafting Pierce onto the Helmet is a nice idea btw, didn't know that Betrayal introduced that! I'll have to check myslef if clear with 1 Pierce feels good, maybe I can add that as a gearing option.

Hope I could at least give you some hints on what to do, let me know how it goes for you!

Hey Guffin, thanks for the response! I upgraded my flasks, gems, and was able to get the hits can't be evaded mod on my claw. Wondering what stats besides Life and elemental damage I should look for on a shield?
So i was playing a little with your Boss setup PoB adding Multimoded Flaring Claws and Shields.

1st setup:

Multimoded Claw with Ele Pen + Lyco - around 20k more dmg then setup 2 but 200 flat hp less

2nd setup:

Multimoded Claw with Hits can't be Evaded + Armor Shield with 30% Global Phys Dmg + 90 life + 11% Non-chaos as Chaos (it gives more dmg then hybrid shield with 30 elemental damage)- 20k less dmg then 1st setup but 200 more hp overall

You can also go yolo and take hybrid str/int shield without hp and get 40k more dmg then 1st setup but lose 200 hp.
You can then go with 30+ Global Phys Dmg 30+ Ele Dmg and 11% Non-chaos as Chaos.

Forgot about str/dex shield that can roll up to 13 atk speed

So going crazy dmg with 30%+ Global Phys 30%+ Atk Dmg 13% As and 11 % non-chaos as chaos you gonna get 110~ k more dmg then 1st setup while losing around 200 hp

but it gonna be impossible to find such shield :d the best one i found 21 global 23 atk dmg 9 as was giving worse results then pen + lyco combo.

Not sure what setup gonna be better, seems that we need a rly good shield to beat Pen Claw + Lyco combo.
Last edited by Hejti on Dec 25, 2018, 9:44:53 PM
I know im not max level or even close with the finished build, but i was wondering if it was common to have frostblades vastly outdamage MS around where i am.

Currentlly it feels like i wouldd rather boss with frostblades than use my 6l MS because the damage is so low/slow on yellows and bosses, i die since my leech doesnt really keep me up most of the time so it becomes a loop of throwing my body at a boss till it dies.

Gear is linked if you wouldnt mind checking it out for me, obviously i still have to do uber but im curious if i am doing something wrong/i really just am not far enough into gearing/playing yet.

Tooltip FB : 14.6k in h/o with ice
Tooltip MS : 20.5k in h/o with purity

Thanks

Spoiler
okei i changed my gear alittle, have 6.5k hp would have more but had to take str and int note because i have str and int problem xD
"
Valderg wrote:
I know im not max level or even close with the finished build, but i was wondering if it was common to have frostblades vastly outdamage MS around where i am.

Currentlly it feels like i wouldd rather boss with frostblades than use my 6l MS because the damage is so low/slow on yellows and bosses, i die since my leech doesnt really keep me up most of the time so it becomes a loop of throwing my body at a boss till it dies.

Gear is linked if you wouldnt mind checking it out for me, obviously i still have to do uber but im curious if i am doing something wrong/i really just am not far enough into gearing/playing yet.

Tooltip FB : 14.6k in h/o with ice
Tooltip MS : 20.5k in h/o with purity

Thanks

Spoiler

So here is what i see:
- you don't have Wild Fire and thats a lot of dmg to molten strike
- you didn't take Point Blank node and thats 50% MORE damage for molten strike.

Thats the two most important things for molten strike dmg.

- you are using dual wield tree beside using 1hand + shield
- you didn't take a single node in claw wheel and they should be a priority
Last edited by Hejti on Dec 26, 2018, 9:03:57 AM
Is there any other clear skill that is comparable to Frostblades now that Reave isn't as good?
"
pspshadowman wrote:
Is there any other clear skill that is comparable to Frostblades now that Reave isn't as good?
im clearing with molten strike, its so fast xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info