Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

Im very sad for this news.

:(
Thank God.
I didn`t mind the concept.

But when you cast a too low level net because you forget to change nets.

Or a Red beast whit so much life that my 4linked skill does zero damage to it. Made me just skip the monsters.
Very happy to hear this! It was fun while it lasted, but it was a tiny bit clunky at times and would have mitigated my enjoyment of the game in the long term.

However it would have been nice to keep the monster mods which made them very powerful and fun to fight against!
I'm very sad to hear this. I like the Bestiary league, please don't give up on it entirely.

Memes are rampant on the internet, that goes without saying. It became a meme to hate on this league for some stupid reason. Rocky starts are fine when you address and fix it, which you did.

Why not allow it in a way that's avoidable if you don't want to fully engage. No one HAS to do Vaal side areas, no one HAS to do all Master missions, no one HAS to chase and kill tormenteds, etc; but if you do you get rewarded.

I like what it added to the game. Great but not game-breaking crafting. Scary encounters.

I'm glad GGG listens, but but this time it feels like too many new players hated on Bestiary 'cause it was cool to do it. Please don't give in to internet memes and please be proud of what you created here, it's great content.

I am happy with this decision.
"
Fontainzx wrote:
if it went core, i probably wouldve never played this game again. thank god

+1
Good call, this mechanic was just too bloated, confusing, and buggy.
I do hope you can repurpose some of the stuff in it for other leagues.
Yes, yes, yes! I'm glad to hear that it is going to be a core game mechanic. Thanks GGG!
Last edited by adils on May 8, 2018, 1:47:40 PM
I'm sad to hear this cuz Bestiary sounded like a really good idea.

I'm sure any of the reasons you have for removing Bestiary have nothing to do with what you wrote in this thread. You already implemented Bestiary. The tech and everything is there, working.

I'm sure someone at GGG who is not popular anymore came up with this concept.. or something personal like that. That's how good ideas are being burried at game studios around the world. It takes the wrong person to have a great idea.

You know how.. Spielberg visits Dreamworks and everyone takes notes? And he says 3 words and they put them up on the front page of their website?

I bet if some Spielberg would visit your studio today and look at your game and be like.. So you can capture and sacrifice these beasts. I like this idea. Guess what would happen?? Producers be like.. Yeap! Yeap. [looks around] Yeap? [everyone] Yeap.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info