Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

Thanks for all the work making this league but I am one of the ones who didnt like it sorry to say.

The beasts were fun at the start but the novelty soon turned to monotony. The thing that put me off the most was it didn't matter which level or area you were in, the beasts were just way overtuned imo, in most cases harder than the map or area bosses of the zones I was in. You couldnt even avoid alot of them as they simply outran you. I think it's safe to say most of my deaths were from beasts, either trying to stop attacking and get a net to fire off in a split second or from just being overwhelmed. I won't miss this league.

This flashback league...now this is fun!
My hovercraft is full of eels.
"
fraggleroc wrote:
I've spent money on the game. Quite a lot more money than on other games.

Not buying supporter packs because I'm seeing that this game is becoming Diablo-3-like with every league.

Just fast-clearing shit like Diablo 3.

No you haven't lol. (70 achievs cmon now). PoE is nothing like D3 and noone is forcing you to play clearspeed builds. Besides how is a crappy league that almost noone liked (bestiary) going to "make the game slower" lol? Get real.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
You guys rock. While beastcrafting is interesting to play with, capturing monsters dont fit ARPG genre much, if at all.
Happy you don't implement it in the core game as It was totally not my piece of cake ....
Looking forward to the new league with some fresh challenges!
I appreciate that GGG is experimenting and looking to add new systems, mechanics, and features to PoE.

That said, Bestiary was a disaster and good riddance to it. My confidence in GGG dropped with Bestiary and this announcement restores it in part, so thanks.

With how easy it would have been to have to capture the beasts only when they are dead and nothing else. Neither have to kill again, nor capture alive or the animal that only takes gigs on the hard drive.

The league is fine in itself, what happens that is not well polished.
I enjoyed this league. Yes it needed polish here and there, but which league mechanics were not polished over the years???

Personally I think too many cry babies that literally personally choose to not experience most of the game, ie do not know how to, or refuse to learn to craft well, or do not use sextants, or do not use zana's map device, were crying this league without any real reason. Managerie was amazing for crafting, best addition to qol since masters expansion. But no, all this idiots saw was red beasts killing them and not dropping t1 uniques every time you killed one.

I think Bestiary should have stayed in the game, and it will be a damn shame to see these awesome 3d models of new uniques, or some of the recipies like mirroring maps, blue item imprints, prefix-suffix etc never see the light of day again. Damn shame. All the cry bitches should be sad instead, but hey, in their eyes they won something when GGG decided not to implement it into core game. Damn basic, lazy fools.
Just the fact that no matter how much time you spend doing maps that you can still never see the end game content from this league is just stupid. Most of my friends have already stopped playing this game because its nothing but a roll of the dice. I ended up spending most of my currency from a few thousand maps for credit on the last couple things that I didn't get good dice rolls on but I did get my portal skin. Thousands of maps later and I saw 1 tiger and still had to spam fragments for days to get the corrupted area beasts. I really don't understand having end game content that, by chance, some players will never see no matter how much time they put in or how much skill in the game they have. This league made me feel like one of those losers you see at gas stations buying lottery tickets.
I loved this league so much. Catching beasts and beastcrafting was a super interesting mechanic, and I liked how it slowed gameplay down. I know everyone prefers to beat off to their identical windripper IIQ clearspeed builds and cry when they can't kill a red beast, but I think it's a fair trade off. Incentivizing clear speed builds means increasingly more people will play them, killing build diversity. The aspect sets were and continue to be super cool for niche builds. I personally used almost every beastcrafting recipe, between imprinting a lucky L12 assasins mark on hit/life ring, mirroring beyond/magic/rare T16 maps, crafting gear with no attack mods etc.

There's a lot to take in when playing Path, and Bestiary is no doubt overwhelming, but I think it's a bit of a travesty to let so many cool mechanics bite the dust.

Also, has anyone seen the price of Farrul's Fur lately? :'(
"
Sarno wrote:
I liked Bestiary, but I’m glad to hear this. It was a very significant change and I’m not sure it fits an ARPG well enough to stick around. I’m very glad to see you trying new things, though - please don’t stop doing that. It’s why I love challenge leagues.

50% my thoughts.

I hated bestiary league. While the idea was pretty cool, it didnt fit the game at all imo.

I'm VERY glad you try new things and keep improving the game, its what motivates me to buy new cool stuff, but I am extatic you decided to scrap this content for now. If it stayed I honestly might have quit the game altogether, it definately made me quit the league WAY earlier than I planned and I couldnt even stay motivated to get past 14 challenges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info