Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

For me it was a fun element to the game. a Simple distraction from the mindless racing of the mainstream. Probably why they all hate it.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
Thank god
I know it's hard for you, but a wise decision nevertheless. The appalling state Bestiary was released in initially was simply mind-boggling. Just the fact you somehow expected players to wade through hundreds of shit filler recipes made me question your ethics, not to mention all the other dysfunctional things. Please read a couple of good UX design books or hire a consultant.

Bestiary troubles could have been mostly fixed with a couple of simple adjustments. You could have either let players favorite recipes and mark beasts useful to them on minimap automatically as a kind of tracking skill that PC attains through a reasonably long quest chain. Or, as Bestiary is still, even in its final state, a huge annoyance in endgame party play, you could have just removed nets altogether and re-tuned the rare genus spawn rates.
Last edited by MadAndrew on May 8, 2018, 2:38:32 AM
"
As well as not retaining any elements of the league in the core game, you will likely not see Bestiary as a Zana option in the future. However, there may be some parts of Bestiary we will use in future content, and it is possible we would bring Bestiary back for short term events.

Beast crafting:
Good decision imo as the beast crafting was redundant for the most part as it's basically essence V2 and most of the recipes where junk.

Beast encounter:
From a new/veteran player perspective very unclear regarding recipe requirements as most monster subspecies -categories dont make any sense.
The fights themself may be interesting for some players ,and for the first days, but they are out of touch with the usual POE mob difficulty. Let's be honest red beasts where way harder then anything else the game can throw at you including most act / map bosses.
Good thing they got rid of it.

Btw:
I'm laughing at the streamers and some folks here expecting pokemon will make it into core.
Don't take this personal but this league mechanics are so out of touch (mechanics/style wise) and redundant so it needs to be erased and forgotten.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Even though league isnt going core, you should add the yellow and red beasts. Not for recipees but just as additional challenging content.
So the Ritalin casualties win and we get to make our loot filters stricter next league. Sick.
I never quit a legue this early. I'm glad it will not be integrated in the core game. Much effort was put in this legue, but to be honest I think it sucked as hell.
Good
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
nice!
yesssssssssssssssssss
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info