Abyssal GC Miner (7k7 eHP, cheap to start, easy to follow, all content, Uber Elder deathless)

"
Kshatry wrote:
"
The reason why you get 1 shot because of physical damage hit, armour doesn't help mitigate physical damage from hit on ES based

Wat? That is not true.

It's up to you. A lot of people don't know about this. Or you can try to use a LL ES based and a Jug with 50k armour & 8 Endurance Charges to fight Dark Forest boss and see the difference.

Endurance Charges and Tukohama Soul or some source of "# additional physical damage reductions" still help ES based against physical damage hits and also the physical damage over time (bleeding, Devouring Darkness from Kitava, corrupted ground from the Elder,...)
Can you help to clarify the leveling process? Are we supposed to choose between running poets pen? Or do we use the mine version to level up? I notice you use one part as a league starter.

If we choose to run the poets pen way. When would it be a good time to start the switch to mines? I'm actually very confused on this part of your guide. Any clarification would be very helpful. Thanks.
"
XxPainzXx wrote:
Can you help to clarify the leveling process? Are we supposed to choose between running poets pen? Or do we use the mine version to level up? I notice you use one part as a league starter.

If we choose to run the poets pen way. When would it be a good time to start the switch to mines? I'm actually very confused on this part of your guide. Any clarification would be very helpful. Thanks.

If i have enough currency to buy 2 Poet's Pen i will leveling this way. Because it really fast and you dont need to change your weapon until you switch to Mine setup. Note that when you got MoM and Poacher's Mark curse and a Thief's Torment you are pretty tanky due to the life gain on hit and mana gain on hit with Barrage setup. If you dont get 1 shot > you won't die.

When to switch? I think you should switch when you can equip Shimmeron (level 65)
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:
"
Zoroan wrote:
I'm still confuse about the wording on Yoke, because when my friend use his Head Hunter to leveling this char he did get the buff from rare monsters which his mines killed.

There was an issue back in 2.1 when the buff started applying to totems and *cough* summoners OP summons *cough* and they reverted the change to allow YOU to reap the full benefits of indirect kills. So it's the starchild of this type of mod. Don't pay attention to it.

About the Shimmeron degen. I think it might be because orb of storm might be considered it's own entity much like a totem but I'm unsure if vortex acts the same with it's initial hit crits, the dot shouldn't trigger the degen because well, dots can't crit.

I think Yoke could be an option but not required. I didnt take the degen from mobs before maybe because i was stupid doing that without having Power Charge up, so it only give 5% more damage with the chill from Vortex. Other option could be The Pandemonius or a good Shaped/Elder Amulet.
"
Zoroan wrote:
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:
"
Zoroan wrote:
I'm still confuse about the wording on Yoke, because when my friend use his Head Hunter to leveling this char he did get the buff from rare monsters which his mines killed.

There was an issue back in 2.1 when the buff started applying to totems and *cough* summoners OP summons *cough* and they reverted the change to allow YOU to reap the full benefits of indirect kills. So it's the starchild of this type of mod. Don't pay attention to it.

About the Shimmeron degen. I think it might be because orb of storm might be considered it's own entity much like a totem but I'm unsure if vortex acts the same with it's initial hit crits, the dot shouldn't trigger the degen because well, dots can't crit.

I think Yoke could be an option but not required. I didnt take the degen from mobs before maybe because i was stupid doing that without having Power Charge up, so it only give 5% more damage with the chill from Vortex. Other option could be The Pandemonius or a good Shaped/Elder Amulet.

Thing is what you need to look at isn't the 5% multiplier which quite frankly is only if you don't mind min-maxing a little bit to get some benefits and also it's not just 5% increased damage it's a MORE multiplier.

The reason Yoke is used is that your combined elemental damage inflicts Shock which RAMPS up per hit within that 1.7 seconds of inflicted shock albeit that depends on the amount of elemental damage you got but still, GC is front loaded with damage which makes it quite awesome to use in conjunction with Yoke.

Dual Shaper #% extra lightning/cold amulet is also an option but it requires a lot of investment in other department, such as dual stats sticks which your guide isn't based on.

Also lol, I thought you did the tests with power charges on hahaha. Yeah with no charges, there's no degen.

Here's a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dtgwl6Dr8A

Check his health bar, Sorry about the bandicam logo but you'll get an idea on how Yoke + metric ton of elemental damage scales and ramps up the shock. It's fast forward to 45 seconds, the prior are all immune phase shennanigans, watch his HP bar when I dash at 46 sec or thereabouts.
Yoke price is raise in Flashback atm, lol.
Last edited by Zoroan on May 16, 2018, 4:45:12 AM
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

Thing is what you need to look at isn't the 5% multiplier which quite frankly is only if you don't mind min-maxing a little bit to get some benefits and also it's not just 5% increased damage it's a MORE multiplier.

The reason Yoke is used is that your combined elemental damage inflicts Shock which RAMPS up per hit within that 1.7 seconds of inflicted shock albeit that depends on the amount of elemental damage you got but still, GC is front loaded with damage which makes it quite awesome to use in conjunction with Yoke.

Dual Shaper #% extra lightning/cold amulet is also an option but it requires a lot of investment in other department, such as dual stats sticks which your guide isn't based on.

Also lol, I thought you did the tests with power charges on hahaha. Yeah with no charges, there's no degen.

Here's a video:

Check his health bar, Sorry about the bandicam logo but you'll get an idea on how Yoke + metric ton of elemental damage scales and ramps up the shock. It's fast forward to 45 seconds, the prior are all immune phase shennanigans, watch his HP bar when I dash at 46 sec or thereabouts.

Yeah with GG stats sticks GC Miner can definately take down Shaper within 2 secs. But my build has DPS limited due to using Shimmeron. And therefore can't self cast spells to proc the ailments because of the degen lol, even some spell with 0% base crit like Death Walk has 20%+ crit chance with 6 PC up.

An Amulet with "Damage Penetrates #% Elemental Resistances" or crit multi still have good DPS boost. The gain as mod is apply to the GC base damage i think, still useful even without stat sticks.
P/s: I said 5% more not 5% increased.
"
Zoroan wrote:
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

Here's a video:

Yeah with GG stats sticks GC Miner can definately take down Shaper within 2 secs. But my build has DPS limited due to using Shimmeron. And therefore can't self cast spells to proc the ailments because of the degen lol, even some spell with 0% base crit like Death Walk has 20%+ crit chance with 6 PC up.

An Amulet with "Damage Penetrates #% Elemental Resistances" or crit multi still have good DPS boost. The gain as mod is apply to the GC base damage i think, still useful even without stat sticks.
P/s: I said 5% more not 5% increased.

Fuck lol. I'm a little tired atm, just finished work. It's almost chill out session for me.

What I meant is if your damage is high enough with shimmeron, yoke should at the very least apply shock for you which in itself at Max value is a whooping 50%. I had to make some adjustments to my miner to hit that point but yeah, shimmeron is cheap (compared to stay sticks) and gets the job done just fine.

Also, are you still at 80% conversion via 1 x long winter?

P.S on my phone atm, can't check shit properly.
Last edited by ShadowGenisys on May 16, 2018, 5:26:30 AM
I hope we can get this build thread going. Come on guys. How are people doing with this build so far?
"
XxPainzXx wrote:
I hope we can get this build thread going. Come on guys. How are people doing with this build so far?

You can see on my videos lol. Most of my friends who following this build are happy, what make you confused?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info