[3.7 updated] Voidfletcher Deadeye (all core content cleared, budget options available, 600+ depth)

"

Hello. Here is my PoB : https://pastebin.com/wy3m5DFs
My tooltip dmg is 33k (with hatred, GoI, precision and ice golem)

looks mostly fine for an adapted version, but there's a few improvements to be made:

-you should have cold pen in the barrage links instead of slower projectiles.

-the flat cold hatred watcher's eye is worth getting, it's much more damage than an abyss jewel can provide (and about as much life), and that's especially important for voidshot.

-use herald of purity instead of herald of ice, trust me. The ice explosions deal very little damage with this setup since they have no scaling, and the amount of flat damage you get to your attacks is roughly the same either way. The sentinels are great for drawing aggro and bodyblocking.

-now that immortal call is much less damage reduction, i kinda don't care for it (but you still might). As an alternative, cwdt steelskin could prove more effective. Level 18 steelskin + level 14 cwdt provides a pretty good amount of shield for the amount of damage taken, and level 15 steelskin + 10 cwdt isn't a bad alternative if your strength isn't quite high enough

-you've got a few wasted points in the tree. The +10 dex node left of Herbalism isn't needed, and you could save a point going up and left from Fangs of Frost instead of taking that +10 strength/dex/int/dex path from ranger to duelist. And with that saved point you could grab vaal pact. Or not, if you don't care about it (might as well, we don't get much of any regen).

As for the dying issue, idk what to tell you. You've got more life than I do and probably more evasion with that chest, but i pretty rarely die, and when i do it's usually to legions (which are kinda overtuned, as is tradition for league content). Part of that comes down to experience, if you're not used to the style you'll just have to get there eventually. I'm used to the hit-and-run style and knowing what threats to look out for and all that. Although I will say your use of the pointblank style isn't a route i'd advise.

Pointblank is okay for this build if you're obsessed with peak damage, but it's not great. We already get Far Shot just by pathing through deadeye's tree, which is 30% more damage for staying safely at a distance. Pointblank is pretty much a mutually exclusive 50% more for being dangerously close, which only really results in about ~14% more dps than Far Shot with drastically higher risk AND a penalty for attacking from far away. Save the point and keep yourself far away.

Or, alternatively, you could keep the keystone but use a Brutal Restraint jewel naming Deshret in the socket near it to change it into that keystone that grants 20% less damage taken if you haven't been hit recently (and plays around with your evasion rating)... that ought to help vs oneshots.
Last edited by Shppy on Jul 22, 2019, 3:23:44 PM
"
Shppy wrote:
"

Hello. Here is my PoB : https://pastebin.com/wy3m5DFs
My tooltip dmg is 33k (with hatred, GoI, precision and ice golem)

looks mostly fine for an adapted version, but there's a few improvements to be made:

-you should have cold pen in the barrage links instead of slower projectiles.

-the flat cold hatred watcher's eye is worth getting, it's much more damage than an abyss jewel can provide (and about as much life), and that's especially important for voidshot.

-use herald of purity instead of herald of ice, trust me. The ice explosions deal very little damage with this setup since they have no scaling, and the amount of flat damage you get to your attacks is roughly the same either way. The sentinels are great for drawing aggro and bodyblocking.

-now that immortal call is much less damage reduction, i kinda don't care for it (but you still might). As an alternative, cwdt steelskin could prove more effective. Level 18 steelskin + level 14 cwdt provides a pretty good amount of shield for the amount of damage taken, and level 15 steelskin + 10 cwdt isn't a bad alternative if your strength isn't quite high enough

-you've got a few wasted points in the tree. The +10 dex node left of Herbalism isn't needed, and you could save a point going up and left from Fangs of Frost instead of taking that +10 strength/dex/int/dex path from ranger to duelist. And with that saved point you could grab vaal pact. Or not, if you don't care about it (might as well, we don't get much of any regen).

As for the dying issue, idk what to tell you. You've got more life than I do and probably more evasion with that chest, but i pretty rarely die, and when i do it's usually to legions (which are kinda overtuned, as is tradition for league content). Part of that comes down to experience, if you're not used to the style you'll just have to get there eventually. I'm used to the hit-and-run style and knowing what threats to look out for and all that. Although I will say your use of the pointblank style isn't a route i'd advise.

Pointblank is okay for this build if you're obsessed with peak damage, but it's not great. We already get Far Shot just by pathing through deadeye's tree, which is 30% more damage for staying safely at a distance. Pointblank is pretty much a mutually exclusive 50% more for being dangerously close, which only really results in about ~14% more dps than Far Shot with drastically higher risk AND a penalty for attacking from far away. Save the point and keep yourself far away.

Or, alternatively, you could keep the keystone but use a Brutal Restraint jewel naming Deshret in the socket near it to change it into that keystone that grants 20% less damage taken if you haven't been hit recently (and plays around with your evasion rating)... that ought to help vs oneshots.

Thanks for elaborating. Yeah, to be honest its not exactly your build, I didnt know what guide to follow and just tried several I've seen. Its a mix so to say :) I'll take your advices. Thanks one more time, I really appreciate it.
P.S. Sorry for my english :)
Hey,

thanks for the build first of all.

Got one Question:

is a high crit, high pdps harbinger bow going to edge out on Deaths opus or do you strictly think this bow is the go-to weapon here?

Thanks in advance
Hello!

Playing the Barrage/Ice shot version of this spec. This is my first time playing the game, just wanted to know if I could get some pointers on where I can improve my gear going forward. I'm trying to get to level 93 to get a few more passive points before I go for uber elder/atziri kills.

Thanks to anyone who takes a look!

Here's my POB: https://pastebin.com/N1WycGhF
"
fiestaforesta wrote:
Hello!

Playing the Barrage/Ice shot version of this spec. This is my first time playing the game, just wanted to know if I could get some pointers on where I can improve my gear going forward. I'm trying to get to level 93 to get a few more passive points before I go for uber elder/atziri kills.

Thanks to anyone who takes a look!

Here's my POB: https://pastebin.com/N1WycGhF

Just did a quick look at your PoB. I see you are using the Pierce gem in your Ice Shot setup, but you have specced into the Ricochet ascendancy node for +1 chain. This is counter productive because projectiles that pierce cannot chain. So go for either pierce or chain and spec your ascendancy accordingly.

The order of operations for projectiles is: pierce --> fork --> chain. Projectiles that pierce cannot chain. So with the pierce gem your projectile will first pierce 4 enemies and then start the chain. Which means the chain will hardly ever occur.
Hello, very fun build! Funding this from my retired slayer.

One question, are you running Rupture or Fast and Deadly on the build? You said you were experimenting and I'd like to know how that ended up.

Thanks.
Hey there,
I have another one question:
What is really better for single target: Barrage or Tornado Shot?
Is someone delving with this build?? How is it? Thanks bois
Hey mate thanks for the build actually loving the build.I was wondering if you could take look at my items and let me know if there is something that i'm lacking of.I was trying uber elder for the first ever try and i was squealing like a pig there,,i had no chance,but mabey just lack of experience.This is my pob link

https://pastebin.com/3mTNdP8w
Oh my god it feels oh so good to rock back on PC and away from PS4 console and it's awful economy/trading system!

So, don't know if this has been posted yet, but what paths should one take when leveling? Usually the skill tree is busted down every 30 levels or so....

Like when should one head towards VAAL pact area and when should one fill out the claw skill sections etc...?
Last edited by VomitChrist on Jul 27, 2019, 6:25:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info