[3.3, Build-of-the-week] Stored Lightning Bolt - CantripN's Lightning Trapper.

"
ChilledBones wrote:
saw the build of the week video on this build, looks really amazing!

really liked traps since i played a chin sol trapper for Ulab.

planning on running this for flashback event, but wanted to ask something about the gear.

since shimmeron takes some time/currency to get a hold of, what would you recommend instead? since brightbeak seems to clear really well i would assume this is decent enough for both clear+bosses.

also what are the reason for using lightpoacher compared to a rare helm? and is the minion & totem support gem only there for stone golem or is spirit burst considered a minion aswell?

last note is i looked through all your skill trees, and you seem to respec many points throughout leveling, but i also noticed that on your 94 points tree you have heartseeker, but not on your lvl 96 skill tree.

is this intentional or just something you added since this would be better compared to what you ended up with in the first place?

A good Dagger + Sceptre combo would give you decent DPS (you can realistically get around 70-80% of the DPS of Shimmerons for similar prices, and 50% of the DPS for a whole lot less). Just use Whirling Blades :)

Lightpoacher is for the jewels, you never actually trigger the skill it does, since you never kill to gain charges (and a good thing, or it would crit, and you'd die). In my case, it's around 10% more damage from the helmet, and decent Life and 15% all res. The support is to make the Golem not die as often, and it works great for that.

The tree is quite flexible, and it depends on your gear and jewels whether it's worth it to get Heartseeker / Doom Caster, etc.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on May 1, 2018, 1:10:53 PM
Reserved
Thanks for trying saboteur. I have been thinking of trying lightning traps or arc traps for a while but I have been messing around with bleed builds lately. Will give this build a try, maybe run it during the flashback event. :)
What do you use for single target if leveling for flashback , not being able to get a mirebough at 32 ?
"
Truman1997 wrote:
What do you use for single target if leveling for flashback , not being able to get a mirebough at 32 ?

The unique boots, eventually.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Playing this build is so nice, thx for sharing it!

But how do you blind mobs? I don't see any mods on gear or tree...
"
minmod wrote:

It's from being a Saboteur. Born in the Shadows :)

"
CantripN wrote:
"
minmod wrote:

It's from being a Saboteur. Born in the Shadows :)

Arrgh... Missed that node. Hopefully, even blind persons like me can play with blind now :)
Why are you using brightbeak ? I don't see the use of it. Is it only for the attack speed so you can dash faster ?
Last edited by Anuwiel on May 6, 2018, 8:53:03 AM
"
Anuwiel wrote:
Why are you using brightbeak ? I don't see the use of it. Is it only for the attack speed so you can dash faster ?

Yes, "Only" that. "Only" the fastest movement skill in the game.

What's the downside? Does it look like I lack DPS even then for clearing?

Last edited by CantripN on May 6, 2018, 12:32:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info