[3.3, Build-of-the-week] Stored Lightning Bolt - CantripN's Lightning Trapper.

https://pastebin.com/NVefNJQb

Joy to map with lightning trap. Did not play trapper since poison meta and i am having fun. Bought best listed gloves with highest life and res for 1,4ex and rare helm for 1,5ex. Too bad there is no way to get same gloves as OP since they give a lot of dmg. Missing few jewels sine i don t have light poacher or abyss dual belt. Single target is inconsistent,around half of OP and i am wondering what to do to make it better but it's probably to gloves and double crit multi jewels.
Last edited by Vulgar_Display_Of_Power on Apr 29, 2018, 12:19:26 PM
"
CantripN wrote:
The links are a side effect, and pointless here, unless you do something odd. No, it's about the Harbinger itself, giving you 20% More Damage half the time, and 20% (or was it more?) Chill half the time. On average, that's like 10% More Damage, but you can actually time it for some bosses to make it a consistent 20%.

That helmet is BiS unless you have another form of Shock, for just about any Life build.

--

The summoned Harbinger is immortal, and will occasionally apply a chill or shock on an enemy that chains to other nearby enemies.

Chill up to 5 enemies for 4 seconds, with a 4 second cooldown.
Shock up to 5 enemies for 4 seconds, with a 4 second cooldown.

See, now this is an explanation that makes sense! Thanks! ^^

What would you run in the helm in form of links you think? I'm kinda spent mentally this weekend and have a hard time coming up with something meaningful to put in it or what to change in the form of links elsewhere :D
Levelled this at the start of last weekend, and hey it's BOTM.

I've played trappers since Anarchy league, this is probably the best in terms of clear speed, and just overall "feel", when ball lightning goes off and starts wrecking shit it's extremely visceral.

I've played countless fire/ice/lite trap, DD, VD, Cold Snap, Puncture, PA, way more than I can rmemeber but this is probably the best besides puncture traps one shotting Atziri w no gear.

Mirebough is amazing at level 40 as well, put BL, Slow Proj and LMP in it and you have effortless clear to maps as soon you use it
"
https://pastebin.com/NVefNJQb

Joy to map with lightning trap. Did not play trapper since poison meta and i am having fun. Bought best listed gloves with highest life and res for 1,4ex and rare helm for 1,5ex. Too bad there is no way to get same gloves as OP since they give a lot of dmg. Missing few jewels sine i don t have light poacher or abyss dual belt. Single target is inconsistent,around half of OP and i am wondering what to do to make it better but it's probably to gloves and double crit multi jewels.

Bear in mind I've added 20% More Trap damage, and 80% Increased Trap damage to my PoB to simulate stats PoB doesn't account for from Saboteur. The real difference is far lower, because of that. In fact, the biggest difference is the fact you don't have gloves with "Throw an Additional Trap" and your Ball Lightning is level 19 instead of 21 - those 2 would get you very very close to what I'm doing.

Of course jewels of any kind add a lot of DPS and Life (and by the way, great 3-4 mod Abyssal jewels are as good as my normal ones), but those aren't the only thing that matters. You lack Penetration on amulet, an effective 4 jewels (because of belt, and you can get better rolled jewels), and a second DPS ring - it adds up to quite a lot.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Apr 30, 2018, 3:46:29 AM
Loving this, will test it on the Flaskback league
But im only playing HC, by the looks of it it looks really HC-viable, right?
"
shadowthedead wrote:
Loving this, will test it on the Flaskback league
But im only playing HC, by the looks of it it looks really HC-viable, right?

Maybe with great gear or better skills than mine. I'd not feel comfortable being in HC without 7-8k life pool on top of my current defences.

Consider doing MoM, and getting lots of ES on gear on top of what I did, maybe.

I feel pretty safe with my current level of gear, at level 95, but while leveling I felt quite squishy.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on Apr 30, 2018, 9:21:15 AM
Did u consider any other lightning skills for single target? Maybe switch lightning trap in different gloves with other shaped mods for clearing and BL in chest?
"
Did u consider any other lightning skills for single target? Maybe switch lightning trap in different gloves with other shaped mods for clearing and BL in chest?

I've tried a few spells, sure, nothing works better. I've detailed a few options at the OP.

If you can't get gloves that are better than a 6L like mine, it's better to have your single target on a 6L chest. I was clearing more or less the same on a 5L, and even on a 4L. For example gloves that are a 5L, but have "Throw an Additional Trap", that would already be better for your single target.

The only thing that might theoretically do more damage is Cremation, especially if placed in a 6L+ helmet (Conc Effect / Less Duration / Immolate), gloves like mine, or on a chest. Cremation does do (a lot!) more damage, but it is FAR less comfortable to use, and more or less useless for anything that moves.

Last edited by CantripN on Apr 30, 2018, 1:18:12 PM
From my limited testing at lvl 82 and I have all the gears just yet to unlock jewel slots with levels.

It's fun, I have questioned the single target of ball lightning I find it ok. My gloves are not the best but have the correct rolls apart from crit multi, the problem is if stuff moves the ball lightning dps is wasted. My question is should the focus really be about the single target damage of this build? Because the clear is really the pros of this build from what I can see, has anyone tested 7 link combos for the lightning trap to increase clear speed? Also was having fun teleporting around with lightning warp until I worked out how dieing from the wands was not so fun XD. That teleporting is faster than shield charge spam by a long way on many maps, so is their any other great options for running other weapons (not the shield) to increase teleport speed + clear speed without having to die from the tornado wands. using quicksilver feels far better for mapping with the tornado wands and using no movement skills. This just doesn't work out to well on all maps tho. Gj on the build, with buffs it's going to be interesting!
saw the build of the week video on this build, looks really amazing!

really liked traps since i played a chin sol trapper for Ulab.

planning on running this for flashback event, but wanted to ask something about the gear.

since shimmeron takes some time/currency to get a hold of, what would you recommend instead? since brightbeak seems to clear really well i would assume this is decent enough for both clear+bosses.

also what are the reason for using lightpoacher compared to a rare helm? and is the minion & totem support gem only there for stone golem or is spirit burst considered a minion aswell?

last note is i looked through all your skill trees, and you seem to respec many points throughout leveling, but i also noticed that on your 94 points tree you have heartseeker, but not on your lvl 96 skill tree.

is this intentional or just something you added since this would be better compared to what you ended up with in the first place?
Last edited by ChilledBones on May 1, 2018, 11:55:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info