[3.3, Build-of-the-week] Stored Lightning Bolt - CantripN's Lightning Trapper.

"
nefalos wrote:
This is my first time with traps and i'm curious why don't you use clever construction?

Traps are immune to damage until they finish arming. Meaning as long as you throw them directly at an enemy, he can be standing in lava.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Apr 27, 2018, 9:27:17 PM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
nefalos wrote:
This is my first time with traps and i'm curious why don't you use clever construction?

Traps are immune to damage until they finish arming. Meaning as long as you throw them directly at an enemy, he can be standing in lava.

Oh, ok thanks for reply!
"
CantripN wrote:
"
nefalos wrote:

Trap dont have a function ARM. When trap being placed = got dmg by AOE skill or ground effect like burning/chaos/physical over time in elder = rip instant.
Ur build is about reaching standard because of high end gears but cant do uber elder because of many actions to maintain dps & ES especially swap weapon for power charges and fortify.
"
dqh21489 wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
"
nefalos wrote:

Trap dont have a function ARM. When trap being placed = got dmg by AOE skill or ground effect like burning/chaos/physical over time in elder = rip instant.
Ur build is about reaching standard because of high end gears but cant do uber elder because of many actions to maintain dps & ES especially swap weapon for power charges and fortify.

So can we prevent such situation by using clever construction?
"
dqh21489 wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
"
nefalos wrote:

I really hate it when people just assume they know something, without checking first. This is plain wrong, and has been for a while now (it used to be true, a long time ago).

From the wiki:
When a trap is laid, it is visible to all creatures, but only for a brief period. During this period the trap is not yet armed, and cannot be triggered. Furthermore, during this period the trap cannot be damaged. When this period ends, the trap is armed, becomes invisible to enemies, and can then be triggered.

Once armed, a trap will be triggered by the first enemy to enter its trigger radius. The trap will then cast its skill at the enemy that triggered it, and the trap is destroyed.

Traps can be thrown to any location on the ground within the player's line of sight, although there is a maximum distance that they can be thrown. This allows them to be thrown at an enemy's feet, causing it to trigger as soon as it arms unless the enemy moves out of the way in time.

---

Destroying traps and mines:
All traps and mines have a maximum Life of 1. They cannot be targeted directly by attacks or skills, but are vulnerable to Area of Effect damage. Since they have only 1 Life, they will be destroyed by any damage they take. The passive skill Clever Construction can prevent this, as well, traps and mines are invulnerable to damage while being set or triggered. This means that a trap or mine that is triggered immediately after being set (either by an enemy or player) is effectively immune to damage during it's lifetime.

---

Patch Notes 3.0.0:
Traps and Mines are now invulnerable while they are arming and invulnerable while they are casting their skill. This means a trap thrown directly onto a monster who will detonate it cannot be destroyed before it detonates.

---

As for Power Charges, you generate them just fine with the Wands during boss fights, it's only ever an issue when travelling between packs. Fortify is not something you count on, and you certainly never actively TRY and get it.

That said, if I were into farming Uber Elder consistently, I might well consider using a Dagger + Sceptre combo and losing 20% DPS or so (realistically) in order to have Whirling Blades available.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on Apr 28, 2018, 11:04:59 AM
"Lightpoacher is, as usual, the best helmet if you have good jewels. Tempest's Binding is even better, but good luck with that and also having the enchant (the enchant matters more than the head!)."

I managed to get a hold of a tempest binding with the 45% ball lightning enchant.
What changes should be made to utilize this helm? <3

Thanks in advance for the awesome guide! Currently leveling and in act 6 atm but utterly wrecking shit with just random leveling gear! :_>
Why dont make a clearly test about trap ARM with Glacial cascade trap. If its arm like wiki said so 4 trap with cluster trap support then all of 4 traps will go directly straight to a target not random target. Mine can arm but trap doesnt have a function to arm except the trap in trigger radius got triggered by enemies [ default]. 4 traps throws and 1 the only can hit target directly then arm function ? Where is it ? I bet everyone played trapper knew it well so many of them did suggest arm function properly for trap in 3.3
Without sunblast only 1 among 4 traps thrown can be activate and deal damage to enemies in elder ground effect then it would not be destroyed like u said ? Everything had its own purpose, if u said like that clever construct should be removed from passive tree 3.0.
Without dual shimmeron ur dps got great loss then u still wanna try uber elder. Not offense but I & mant ppl wanna c how u do it without sweat.
Sincerely thanks
Last edited by dqh21489 on Apr 29, 2018, 12:58:14 AM
"
Hassemannen wrote:
"Lightpoacher is, as usual, the best helmet if you have good jewels. Tempest's Binding is even better, but good luck with that and also having the enchant (the enchant matters more than the head!)."

I managed to get a hold of a tempest binding with the 45% ball lightning enchant.

Thanks in advance for the awesome guide! Currently leveling and in act 6 atm but utterly wrecking shit with just random leveling gear! :_>

The difference is mostly that you have more links. Maybe add Vaal Grace setup, or make Immortal Call available on both weapons by putting it on the head?

Keep us posted as you go :)

Last edited by CantripN on Apr 29, 2018, 1:36:26 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Hassemannen wrote:

The difference is mostly that you have more links. Maybe add Vaal Grace setup, or make Immortal Call available on both weapons by putting it on the head?

Keep us posted as you go :)

So basicly, tempest binding could've been any rare helm with resists since the gloves are alot better to put ball lightning trap into.

Only reason I asked is I had a tempest binding that I ran lab with a few times and then quit but I remember ending up with the ball lioghtning enchant before I quit.

You were the one saying it would be alot better, but you don't really provide an explanation besides "more links" :P

The tempest binding links aren't even beneficial to the traps at all really...
The links are a side effect, and pointless here, unless you do something odd. No, it's about the Harbinger itself, giving you 20% More Damage half the time, and 20% (or was it more?) Chill half the time. On average, that's like 10% More Damage, but you can actually time it for some bosses to make it a consistent 20%.

That helmet is BiS unless you have another form of Shock, for just about any Life build.

--

The summoned Harbinger is immortal, and will occasionally apply a chill or shock on an enemy that chains to other nearby enemies.

Chill up to 5 enemies for 4 seconds, with a 4 second cooldown.
Shock up to 5 enemies for 4 seconds, with a 4 second cooldown.

Last edited by CantripN on Apr 29, 2018, 9:36:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info