[3.3, Build-of-the-week] Stored Lightning Bolt - CantripN's Lightning Trapper.

Edit: Sold!

Solarsleet
Last edited by ADHDaniel on Apr 13, 2018, 7:22:34 PM
Why no saboteur node? It seems kinda powerful for 3 points
ign: Ponczlord
"
DildoAssassin wrote:
Why no saboteur node? It seems kinda powerful for 3 points

Many things may seem powerful. It's not.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
What do you recommend for leveling with Single Target? Ball Lightning does not seem very good without the gloves and bosses take a while for lightning trap to kill
"
Terico1989 wrote:
What do you recommend for leveling with Single Target? Ball Lightning does not seem very good without the gloves and bosses take a while for lightning trap to kill

once you hit 32, you can equip mirebough with ball lightning / lightning pen / slow proj and it'll stomp most bosses
"
souljaboi25 wrote:
"
Terico1989 wrote:

once you hit 32, you can equip mirebough with ball lightning / lightning pen / slow proj and it'll stomp most bosses

What he said. You can also use the Boots that come supported by Trap for the same thing.

Added Basilica Clear, and Shaper Kill video :)

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on Apr 25, 2018, 11:26:42 PM
Awesome build as always Cantrip!

Question: Did you level as a trapper or did you have an alternate skill that you used?
"
Pracis wrote:
Awesome build as always Cantrip!

Question: Did you level as a trapper or did you have an alternate skill that you used?

Thanks!

I leveled as a trapper. I almost always level as the build I end up being, even if it's slower than leveling with Poet's Pen (hint: it's always slower).

Last edited by CantripN on Apr 15, 2018, 11:19:13 AM
Here's how things are currently looking at 85:

"

- Cleared all shaper guardians -- mino wasn't deathless but everything else was
- Ball lightning DPS is extremely real, given that the opponent isn't moving. Stationary targets get crunched very hard. Fast moving targets like Shaped Bog t15 are pretty annoying
- Ball lightning is extremely good at clearing Harb / Beast packs
- Lightning trap is amazing to map with, clearing screens upon screens of enemies with a single toss
- Defenses are not bad. Spider / Temp Chains / Blind along with acro/arrow dancing is super solid. I'm only at 4.5k HP though, not sure how you hit 6k although OP does have ten levels on me. A lot of manual dodging is required, which is totally fine with me
- Will attempt Uber Elder once I hit 90. I've cleared it on my moltenstrike character so I know how the fight works. I'll likely swap out one of my rings for Dream Fragments specifically for the Uber Elder fight
- Not sure how viable this is as a (comfortable) starter. Build is very mana-intensive without Tinkerskin/Energy Battery combo, and defenses can be pretty lacking until later. Traps are being heavily buffed next league, but Tinkerskin is typically cheap -- not sure how prices will work out next league
- I bought a few 6-link Tinkerskins to corrupt to try and get +1 socketed gems but no luck yet lol
Last edited by souljaboi25 on Apr 16, 2018, 5:53:24 PM
I was looking for something efficient but not too meta, your build seems perfect.

I really wanna try it but i'm still kinda new in PoE. If you could add to your build some great items and tips for a smooth leveling / starting end game experience (low level tier maps, until we can afford the weapons for example) it would be perfect. Is it okay to use it as a starter ?
Last edited by Anuwiel on Apr 24, 2018, 4:23:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info