[3.3, Build-of-the-week] Stored Lightning Bolt - CantripN's Lightning Trapper.

What is the best way to get the elder essence worm? can u craft it or is it drop only?
"
Inkompetenzia wrote:
What is the best way to get the elder essence worm? can u craft it or is it drop only?

If you have the budget, just do the math. People I've spoken to who made it claim it's around 1/2000 Chance/Scours, so just see what's cheaper. I bought mine for around 4 ex.

Pretty sure it can't drop, it's either buy or craft.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Aug 2, 2018, 5:05:11 AM
It is currently sitting at 20 ex which definitly hurts me
Hi there,

thank you for your great guide :) had a lot of fun while throwing traps at things (up to shaper / u-atziri).

Currently trying to improve and once i hit lvl 95 i wanna do u-elder with this character.
Switched from Tinkerskin to Loreweave (mainly i hit a lucky 6link on that one) and it feels pretty good.

Also trying out wise oak and it feels good aswell (all res are 81/81/81).

Where do you think i can improve the most atm?

Thank you!
That's great gear :)

What can be improved: Boot Enchant, Belt with 12% Throwing Speed, Better Jewels, and fixing your tree to be more like mine (get that last Power Charge!).

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Changes to this build from the 3.4 patch notes:

"
Base Trap Throwing Time has been raised to 0.6 seconds (from 0.5).

"
Cluster Traps

Now causes supported skills to throw up to 2 additional traps at all levels (down from 3).

"
Shimmeron

Now deals 200 Lightning damage per second per Power charge (down from 400). Using a Divine Orb on an existing copy of this item will update that item to new these values. Shimmeron will also deal that damage to you if your skills have dealt a critical strike recently, rather than just you. That means you will take the damage if any skill (including a trap, totem, or mine) deals a critical strike.

"
Shield Charge

Now has three distinct sections -- the start of the charge, the movement part of the charge, and the attack at the end of the charge. Your weapon's base attack time now affects the start and end, and movement speed and increases to global attack speed now affect the middle. Local attack speed modifiers no longer affect the middle movement part of the charge, whereas previously they would.
In other words, while using Brightbeak will cause the start and end of the charge to be quicker, it will not cause you to move from point A to point B any more quickly. For that, you need to invest in global attack speed and movement speed.
To help compensate for this loss in movement speed for most characters, Shield Charge now gains 1% increased movement speed as the gem levels up.

On the bright side, fire, lightning, ice and explosive traps all deal 40% more damage and Tinkerskin gets 3D art.
Yeah, lost about 35-40% of the total DPS for Traps when using Arc. Still plenty, but not nearly as good anymore, and you also lose some life regen due to Shimmeron (still worth using).

Explosive Traps for example should be amazing for single target now, compared to Arc. With the un-nerfed Statsticks that still exist for some reason...

Last edited by CantripN on Aug 29, 2018, 11:21:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info