[3.3, Build-of-the-week] Stored Lightning Bolt - CantripN's Lightning Trapper.

Reserved 3.3 starter
"
Balantakos wrote:
3.3 Update happening?

Patch notes / PoB update today. :D

Patch notes tomorrow :)
"
Sinnerrr wrote:
"
Balantakos wrote:
3.3 Update happening?

Patch notes / PoB update today. :D

Patch notes tomorrow :)

well its today for me..in a few hours.
Just saying, but Arc seems a bit... much?

Much as in, it's quite possible to get 9 mil Shaper DPS, and more than 11 mil in pre-layed trap burst nova.

This isn't even taking into account things like +2/+2 chests, those get you to like ~14+ mil DPS.

Numbers are with my current gear minus Aspect of the Spider, so not impossible, just hard work.

----

I get the idea you're better off spending more on defences this time around, since DPS won't be lacking anyhow. Possibly doing MoM this time, as either Hybrid with Tinkerskin, pure MoM with Cloak of Defiance, or a +2/+2 Tabula for max deeps and spend more passives on not dying.

Perfect end-game would be Tinkerskin / CoD with +2/+2.

----

Do you need the new traps, like Lightning Spire? Yes, at first. Once you reach those kinds of numbers, if you ever do, there's no need at all.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on May 29, 2018, 5:51:48 PM
What do you think about the changes made to Ball Lightning? Is it going to buff our dps or keep it the same? The hit time has been increased, but now it moves faster..
"
lucastb wrote:
What do you think about the changes made to Ball Lightning? Is it going to buff our dps or keep it the same? The hit time has been increased, but now it moves faster..

No way to know for sure before seeing the numbers. I suspect it's actually a buff, just not a huge one for single target, more of a QoL thing. That said, I'm not sure Arc is any worse DPS (for the first second anyhow, it gets pretty silly after 3 seconds, closer to 30 mil), and it does it's damage instantly, not over 3 secs.

EDIT: Nvm, BL is dead.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on May 29, 2018, 10:33:29 PM
Ball Lightning enchant got removed, guess we go Arc now boys
"
lucastb wrote:
Ball Lightning enchant got removed, guess we go Arc now boys

Yeah, that one hurt. At least we got Trap and Mine Damage buffed. Yay?

Ball Lightning
Now deals 2-35 lightning damage at gem level 1 (up from 2-32), up to 22-420 lightning damage at gem level 20 (up from 14-260). Dank.
Now has an added damage effectiveness of 35% (up from 20%).
The projectile's base speed is now 33% faster. The projectile hits 33% more frequently to compensate.
The base radius has increased by 10%

Ball lightning is not dead guys its damage is boosted to 160% (260 max to now 420 max at lvl gem lvl 20) that should more than compensate the missing enchant and u can just enchant increased Ball Lightning damage now.

The projectile's base speed is now 33% faster. The projectile hits 33% more frequently to compensate. (this one compensates itself)

The base radius has increased by 10% (meaning it will hit a few more times before going out of range)

Now has an added damage effectiveness of 35% (up from 20%). (gives slice more damage from ur added damage)

So overall this should be a buff.
Last edited by lufu1 on May 30, 2018, 1:19:04 AM
"
lufu1 wrote:
Ball Lightning
Now deals 2-35 lightning damage at gem level 1 (up from 2-32), up to 22-420 lightning damage at gem level 20 (up from 14-260). Dank.
Now has an added damage effectiveness of 35% (up from 20%).
The projectile's base speed is now 33% faster. The projectile hits 33% more frequently to compensate.
The base radius has increased by 10%

Ball lightning is not dead guys its damage is boosted to 160% (260 max to now 420 max at lvl gem lvl 20) that should more than compensate the missing enchant and u can just enchant increased Ball Lightning damage now.

The projectile's base speed is now 33% faster. The projectile hits 33% more frequently to compensate. (this one compensates itself)

The base radius has increased by 10% (meaning it will hit a few more times before going out of range)

Now has an added damage effectiveness of 35% (up from 20%). (gives slice more damage from ur added damage)

So overall this should be a buff.

That part is probably a buff, but losing the helm enchant is a BIG DEAL.

I'd need to test once the patch is out and I have a minute (not on week 1).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info