[3.3, Build-of-the-week] Stored Lightning Bolt - CantripN's Lightning Trapper.

Here's hoping the new Lightning Trap buffs along with the new single-target traps deliver.

Something like this Tree, maybe?
TREE

Who's excited about the Trap buffs? I am!
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on May 18, 2018, 6:50:42 AM
I really enjoyed your build, also excited about trap buffs!
Do you think we can use other classes to play this build or other traps?
"
Chocodisco wrote:
I really enjoyed your build, also excited about trap buffs!
Do you think we can use other classes to play this build or other traps?

I really tried to find a way for that to work. And yes, it's possible to make it work. Might even get slightly more damage, but you won't match Sab overall, no matter what you do. Especially if you do use Traps that have cooldowns.

As for other traps, it depends on changes and numbers in 3.3. Plenty of options should work.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on May 19, 2018, 8:27:52 AM
I’m liking this build a lot. My jewels need severe work and so far it’s been a money sink. Do you alt regal those gems then exalt or chaos spam? Those are resiculously good gems. Even without them, I’m doing well up to t9. I just got to maps yesterday so my map pool is holding me back more than anything. My life pool is pretty undesirable as well.

I’m not sure if I’ll make another trapper next season or go back to KB, but this is definitely one of my funnest classes. Uber lab was easy peazy and mapping is faster than I thought it would be.
Just tried Uber Elder for the first time ever. And actually won. With 4 deaths :D

That's an intense fight, but it seems doable with traps. If I relax a bit, should die less.

If you plan this for Uber Elder farming, some modification with gear could help, like Enfeeble instead of Temp Chains, Arctic Armor instead of Aspect of the Spider, Kaom's Roots, Stat-sticks (maybe with Explosive Trap), etc. It's possible with my setup, but it's not optimal. Maybe consider a true MoM mana-based setup for a larger pool?

---

@Katyperri - I actually bought all of my jewels. A few I exalted from 3 mods, but even so, I never craft from scratch.

Last edited by CantripN on May 19, 2018, 1:05:24 PM
DISCLAIMER: Complete noob. Having said that , I think your build looks great and I Will be playing it this upcoming League. One question I have is , Why not use Bubonic Trail Murder Boots . You said in your guide that abyss jewels are just that good. Wouldn't these be ideal for adding more dps/stats or a single abyss jewel stygian vise? There is one that I have seen that has increased trap throwing speed on it. I'm just a little confused how a belt with no stats and only jewels could beat out a single jewel with a bunch of stats and trap laying speed enchant. Thanks.
"
XxPainzXx wrote:
DISCLAIMER: Complete noob. Having said that , I think your build looks great and I Will be playing it this upcoming League. One question I have is , Why not use Bubonic Trail Murder Boots . You said in your guide that abyss jewels are just that good. Wouldn't these be ideal for adding more dps/stats or a single abyss jewel stygian vise? There is one that I have seen that has increased trap throwing speed on it. I'm just a little confused how a belt with no stats and only jewels could beat out a single jewel with a bunch of stats and trap laying speed enchant. Thanks.

Welcome :)

Bubonic Trail is great in theory, but you really need to have SOME links and resists somewhere :)
If you don't have a 4L on Head or Gloves, you can't run all your auras.

As for Stygian Vise, you need to remember Darkness Enthroned is equivelent to 3 Abyssal Jewel sockets, and that means that if you have good jewels, it's always BiS. If you find a REALLY good Stygian Vise and need the resists, it can be good until you reach total end-game.

Good luck!

hello, u say "Cons:
DON'T ENCHANT YOUR GLOVES! Some of those enchants can crit. This will hurt you. Badly."

but why? i dont understand sorry

if ur trapps crit that doesnt trigger the shimmeron dmg on u
Last edited by zat0m on May 21, 2018, 6:59:38 AM
"
zat0m wrote:
hello, u say "Cons:
DON'T ENCHANT YOUR GLOVES! Some of those enchants can crit. This will hurt you. Badly."

but why? i dont understand sorry

if ur trapps crit that doesnt trigger the shimmeron dmg on u

But the enchants on gloves are spells or attacks that CAN crit, and they count as YOU. That's a great way to die sometimes.

Don't get me wrong, if you want to, you can run Uber Lab a few times and get an enchant that can't crit, and is still useful, but most of them are either bad for you, or useless. Enchant are meh.

Last edited by CantripN on May 21, 2018, 8:07:39 AM
oh stupid me now i understand--i have read it like "some of those enchants have crit" because i just didnt think the other way around
Last edited by zat0m on May 21, 2018, 11:07:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info