[3.3, Build-of-the-week] Stored Lightning Bolt - CantripN's Lightning Trapper.

I can't wait to try this build out in Incursion. I'm looking forward to any suggestions that you have for the build with regard to the trap changes in 3.3.
"
wolvzor wrote:
I can't wait to try this build out in Incursion. I'm looking forward to any suggestions that you have for the build with regard to the trap changes in 3.3.

We'll need to see patch notes, new uniques, etc, to know ALL the answers.

In general, it looks like Trap Throwing Speed is actually worth taking now, and you can actually get decent single-target out of any of the Fire/Ice/Lightning/Explosive Trap skills.

Depending on how the Trap gem ends up working, if it gets more or less cooldown mostly, we'll know what place those traps still hold. It will be useless at 8 secs cooldown unless using Cremation, and godly for many many spells with a shorter or none. I have high hopes for spammy Arc Traps, that sounds fun :)

Unless Bear Trap will grant a VERY large bonus to damage from Traps, it's not worth a slot. Something like 10-20% isn't worth the time spent to throw it and the links.

Siphoning Trap looks to be handy, and can help with MoM versions. I truly hope we can stack several of them to multiply the effect, which would make them great for anyone.

Seismic/Spire/Flamethrower traps look godly for single target, should match or surpass Ball Lightning DPS. Helm Enchants can alter functionality drastically, need to see those.

I'm tempted to play a version of this as MoM if Siphoning Trap can stack.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
How would this build do without Dying Sun? Not a fan of spamming flasks.
"
deadmeat9 wrote:
How would this build do without Dying Sun? Not a fan of spamming flasks.

Sure. It's not a must at all, just adds consistency to the dps of ball lightning.

In any case, you only use it tactically on boss fights, not on clearing.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on May 25, 2018, 7:00:08 PM
So I have been interested in trying out a Lightning trap build for a while and I think I have the basics down. Lightning for clear, BL for bosses, get some aoe for trigger area.

But I have been wondering about the ascendancy, more especifically if there would be a viable Ascendant version. Using the scion start for damage + life + mana for MoM seems like it would make for a tanky build while retaining the regen and blind from Sab. Maybe pair it with Deadeye or even Elemenalist for 10% shocks.

But the rest of the tree is a mess, I have been experimenting in going top right for witch crit, or bottom left for extra traps but either way I feel like I am missing something.

Has the idea of the ascendant crossed your mind? Any tips if I decide to go down that route?
Almost 100 % sure, that I will try this out in 3.3.

But will you be updating the build, as the 3.3 patch notes release?
"
klaussn wrote:
Almost 100 % sure, that I will try this out in 3.3.

But will you be updating the build, as the 3.3 patch notes release?

Same, I loved D2 trappers, and without cooldown makes this very interesting. Might even go Sunblaast belt.

I am sure he will update, he is still here and giving advice.
This build should work for any lightning themed trap right? Including the new ones or something like Arc-Trap; no?
"
Vuxra wrote:
This build should work for any lightning themed trap right? Including the new ones or something like Arc-Trap; no?

Should be great, and likely something I'll be trying out (Arc traps). Not much difference for different kinds of traps, either, as the tree is fairly generic. Some difference if you go with traps that have duration, and/or physical traps and avoid Shimmeron.

3.3 Update happening?

Patch notes / PoB update today. :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info