How we Made PATH OF EXILE: ROYALE

You could try makeing it a weekend event. It is possible something like this can die out. But if you hype it up weekly with some incentive like the rhoa chicken dinner but change it every couple of weeks giving people a limited time to get the prize, they will play. probably make some coin also off of micro transactions People will want that custom look to make them stand out. another idea is the option to have a charecter that doesnt void after death lol. stats..balance.
I still think it is a cool and novel game mode for a day or two that would become a bit stale and frustrating if available longer term. I also think the pvp pve balance concerns will return if players have expectations on this mode as a long running side game.

My personal suggestion would be to make it an occasional mode with different flavors (ranged arena, melee arena, blamt etc) to keep it fresh without a heavy balance burden.

I think it was a great idea to put in overall.
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
I'm sad that I completely missed it due to Easter celebrations and work. I really hope it can be brought back at some point.

Would it be a good idea to have it active (concurrently with Standard leagues obviously) in the interim period between Challenge leagues? It would give League players something else to do while waiting for the next update, thus population would be at least to some degree guaranteed.

That would actually be great.
Why don't u make that large amount of work to make have people fun like about all the April but not only 1 day? It was real fun and spiritousing as God damn good timewaste. Able it again pls!!!!!!
Yesss, end of league "race" events need to include a few days/week of Royale every time as an alternative to play.
El Psy Congroo.
"
ladish wrote:
I still think it is a cool and novel game mode for a day or two that would become a bit stale and frustrating if available longer term. I also think the pvp pve balance concerns will return if players have expectations on this mode as a long running side game.

My personal suggestion would be to make it an occasional mode with different flavors (ranged arena, melee arena, blamt etc) to keep it fresh without a heavy balance burden.

This suggestion, along with a previous suggestion to host these FFA matches during the periods between leagues, along with races, would be quite excellent. This gives people something to do while waiting for races.

It was a very enjoyable experience, and especially if you can get in some 2v2v2v2v2...v2 or bigger groups!
"
ladish wrote:

Yes, this! :)
Path of Exile: Royale is a fun mode! You should keep it!

I don't think it is a good idea to run it all the time as it would become boring very quickly. Rather run it maybe every 4-6 weeks as a tournament with some rewards to encourage more players to try it out. Thus it will remain a special occasion for at least a year!

I also have a suggestion: Could you implement a mini-map of the island with the shrinking storm circle (similar to Fortnite) for better orientation? I first did not know what "Tora pointing arrow" on my char signified, the nearest enemy or the direction I had to run in order to escape the storm. It also would be fun to see how big the island really is!

It's not my cup of tea but I definitely think you should bring it back for special events. Maybe one weekend a month open it up so people can play?
I think it'll be good way to provide a break from the normal grind. For example, have the first instance one month after the start of a league and then every 10 days until the end of the league. Instead of a day, make it 36 hours.

Maybe have a boss encounter (buffed up Hailrake) for the winner to fight. If you beat him, you get a "fancy" Rhoa dinner instead, but if you lose, you get nothing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info