[3.7] Face-Cannon Frost blades Assassin. Face Tank everything! (Shaper, Uber elder video added)

Hey guys 2 questions for this build, maybe it was asked before in the thread but I haven't read all the pages.
-Why dont we use vaal pact in the skill tree?
-For late game scaling, is it better to take alira or 2 passive points?
Hey guys
first of all thanks to the thread creator for the build.
I took it as league starter (but I started a week later). For mapping the char is quite good but I have massive problems in boss fights. This can even happen on a t12 map. Maybe someone can help me to get ahead with my equipment.
I'm very often a one hit and don't know what it's all about. I realize that my gear isn't the best. I have invested all my coins in the 6l Belly. I cannot afford an enlighten 4 yet (I level 2 at moment but this will take some time).
However, my resistances are capped (I'm even quite over it). I currently have 5000 life. However, I am far away from facetanking any bosses. I have died about 500 times, mostly from T10+ bosses. It would be great if someone could help me out which parts of my equipment should be improved next. Unfortunately I still don't have too much currency (about 100 chaos more or less). Maybe I did some important passives wrong or overlooked something important? Corruptions are still missing so far, I had no luck with it yet.
I thank you all and wish you good loot. My profile should be public so everyone can watch it.

Thanks in advance
greetings weylin
Sorry to be that guy now but your build is NOT a 3 or 2 Million Shaper DPS build. The first hit against shaper is 1.2mil all the others are 700k. Sorry but that is only about a quarter of the Damage you promise. Only against normal enemies you do your high amount. Hint: Activate the "Is the Enemy a boss?" in PoB and switch to Shaper to see your actual Shaper Damage.
"
Aikeen86 wrote:
Sorry to be that guy now but your build is NOT a 3 or 2 Million Shaper DPS build. The first hit against shaper is 1.2mil all the others are 700k. Sorry but that is only about a quarter of the Damage you promise. Only against normal enemies you do your high amount. Hint: Activate the "Is the Enemy a boss?" in PoB and switch to Shaper to see your actual Shaper Damage.

There's nothing to sorry about.
And of course for the shaper DPS number, I have switch the enemy to shaper, otherwise how do you think I generate two different numbers? I don't know what PoB you're using, but with 1.4.135 (latest):
> full life selected: 2.12 mil DPS
> low life selected: 2.01 mil DPS
> None selected: 1.75 mil DPS
> Shock selected (easy to do with vaal lightning trap): 2.60 mil DPS
How is 2 million DPS I claim so wrong?

You said 700k? A quater of what I promise (HINT: even it's 700k, that's 7/20 which is larger than one third, math is hard, i know)? Do you deactivate all the flasks just to try to get a smaller number? HINT: shaper IS down in one beam duration, as you can see in my latest video it's fair to assume during shaper fight my flask is always up.

Well, number is just number, anyone can say what they want. That's why I put up multiple videos so that you have a direct feeling of the damage/gameplay.
Last edited by nal_tony on Apr 3, 2019, 6:18:41 PM
"
bosow wrote:
Hey guys 2 questions for this build, maybe it was asked before in the thread but I haven't read all the pages.
-Why dont we use vaal pact in the skill tree?
-For late game scaling, is it better to take alira or 2 passive points?

Vaal pact does not benefit too much for this build, especially when you wear two bloodseekers.
And for bandits, it depends on what gear you have. For example if you have a really high damage ring, but can not cap resistance, then you could take alira.
"
weylin12 wrote:
Hey guys
first of all thanks to the thread creator for the build.
I took it as league starter (but I started a week later). For mapping the char is quite good but I have massive problems in boss fights. This can even happen on a t12 map. Maybe someone can help me to get ahead with my equipment.
I'm very often a one hit and don't know what it's all about. I realize that my gear isn't the best. I have invested all my coins in the 6l Belly. I cannot afford an enlighten 4 yet (I level 2 at moment but this will take some time).
However, my resistances are capped (I'm even quite over it). I currently have 5000 life. However, I am far away from facetanking any bosses. I have died about 500 times, mostly from T10+ bosses. It would be great if someone could help me out which parts of my equipment should be improved next. Unfortunately I still don't have too much currency (about 100 chaos more or less). Maybe I did some important passives wrong or overlooked something important? Corruptions are still missing so far, I had no luck with it yet.
I thank you all and wish you good loot. My profile should be public so everyone can watch it.

Thanks in advance
greetings weylin

Hi, did you use all three auras? Since you don't have enlighten 4 yet, I would suggest only reserve 75% of mana.
Life on your boot/belt/abyss jewel can be improved, try to get to around 5.5k HP and relatively high DPS.
You could also try the high life variation: Kaom's root + purity of element(or arctic armour depending on your resis) if you want to play safe.

I do agree this build is not one of the safest, but after some deaths I learn to avoid certain things/ dodge certain attacks, and with the DPS boost I die fewer and fewer now.

Switched my Assassin from blade flurry to this. WOW! night and day difference! This has completely reinvigorated my Assassin that was getting squashed in low tier maps. Now, I get squashed less often. Thank you for this! Is there a way to get wilds trike to work with this?

I noticed on poe ninja that most dual Claw Builds are the duelest champion. Has anyone played one and can compare that to the Assassin? I'm guessing they are tankier?
Sericus
"
Sericus wrote:
Switched my Assassin from blade flurry to this. WOW! night and day difference! This has completely reinvigorated my Assassin that was getting squashed in low tier maps. Now, I get squashed less often. Thank you for this! Is there a way to get wilds trike to work with this?

I noticed on poe ninja that most dual Claw Builds are the duelest champion. Has anyone played one and can compare that to the Assassin? I'm guessing they are tankier?

Yes, champion is tankier for sure. Even without belly, it's easy to reach ~6.5k life with champion.

My feeling is: if you have a lower budget, champion seems better, but if you have a higher budget, Assassin has a higher potential to scale the damage.
Rather than purifying flame, what do you think about something like rallying cry?
Do you know if there is any MF build using frost blades or if this one could be adapted to it?
No fun is allowed (GGG, 2020).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info