A realistic view of Bestiary

"
Paldamus wrote:
The POSITIVES about bestiary imo:
*all the stuff that came with 3.2 itself, so the ascendancy rework, sextant/bisco changes, uber elder etc
*interesting new league, which i think sounds better on paper than in the game, but with changes (that have been made and are being/will be made, has potential to be alright
*decent, though not the best mtx rewards from the league
*abyss in the core game now
*bestiary rares and legendaries being pretty common from my experience ....
*spirit beasts would have probably been in the negative, but that got buffed...

Most of the positive stuff you listed is not related to Bestiary at all. And the things specific to the league, are "maybe positive on paper", or "will be in the future after a long series of fixes and improvements".

Not a stong case, to say the least :D
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
Paldamus wrote:
The POSITIVES about bestiary imo:
*all the stuff that came with 3.2 itself, so the ascendancy rework, sextant/bisco changes, uber elder etc
*interesting new league, which i think sounds better on paper than in the game, but with changes (that have been made and are being/will be made, has potential to be alright
*decent, though not the best mtx rewards from the league
*abyss in the core game now
*bestiary rares and legendaries being pretty common from my experience ....
*spirit beasts would have probably been in the negative, but that got buffed...

Most of the positive stuff you listed is not related to Bestiary at all. And the things specific to the league, are "maybe positive on paper", or "will be in the future after a long series of fixes and improvements".

Not a stong case, to say the least :D

4 out of 6 points are related to bestiary...
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
"
Paldamus wrote:

MTXes are not gameplay and the last two points are the same issue - spawn rates or the lack of it. It's a weak case for "positive".

Compared to say Abyss wich was packed with engaging fights (at least one per map, up to five), Bestiary is barely noticeable.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
Paldamus wrote:

MTXes are not gameplay and the last two points are the same issue - spawn rates or the lack of it. It's a weak case for "positive".

Compared to say Abyss wich was packed with engaging fights (at least one per map, up to five), Bestiary is barely noticeable.

4 out of 6 though are related with the league...
Also the 3.2 stuff is in the game too and even though it's not directly related to the league mechanic, it's still new and we're playing it, doesn't matter if std or league so that matters too. It's not like you just do the league mechanic in a league rofl, the league mech is 1 small part of the core game. I could bring more positives if need be and everyone whined about abyss until it ended... same with harbi... and now suddenly they're so good lol?
Just the typical shiet, ppl whine when a league starts until it ends and praise it after it ended.
Last edited by Paldamus on Mar 20, 2018, 7:12:42 AM
"
Paldamus wrote:
Tl;dr version = the league has some obvious issues, but the excessive whining is mostly not justified and coming from scrubs.

[...]

1.Map sustain - dunno i have 0 issues with it, i was doing unmodded t11 maps just yesterday and several of them dropped 3 other red maps... if you're running alched maps you should be totally fine as per usual, not to even mention if you use zana+sextants+chisels+sac fragment+vaaling or any of those. I've NEVER had trouble sustaining maps and i usually thrive, not just sustain.
What people seem to forget is that some of the previous leagues were loot pinjatas and now that we're back to a more realistic gameplay, they are in awe, cos they got pampered/spoiled by the previous leagues. I mean players from back in the day will know that you used to be quite excited when you dropped any red map... yet now ppl are so spoiled that they actually expect to sustain like t15s lmao. Lower your expectations...
2.Alchemy orbs - once again, i seem to be fine... also if you lack them, then just trade some other currency for them, like...

[...]

8.The most hilarious thing of all is some ppl threatening to not buy supporter packs, unless the game is changed to what they specifically want. You need to adapt to the game not vice versa. Are you gonna go to a football game and demand that the half time is 5 mins instead of 45, because you ain't got time too lol?

Calm your tits ppl and chill :)

[Removed by Support]

@1 + @2: I'm one of your whiny spoiled scrubs that are too lazy to educate themselves about how to play the the game efficiently.
The result: At lvl 80 in SSF, I was out of maps and out of currency. And when I say "out of", I mean "out of". Zero maps, zero chances, a handful of alchs left.
That has never happened before. Even in SSF, I've always been able to sustain white and yellow maps without problem - a lot of grinding, yes, but possible.
Running out of white maps? That's not just bad RNG. Because RNG is contrary to popular belief not an esoteric unalterable variable, but a concrete number completely under GGG's control. It's also not a failure on my side, because, believe it or not, I know exactly how to sustain maps and currency.

It's loot table fail.

That, after the migration to standard, drop rates suddenly were fine although there's no loot pinatas in standard either only proves my point further.

So, as you're one of the enlightened who seem to know exactly how it's done correctly and everyone who struggles is just a whiny spoiled scrub, let me partake in your wisdom. What did I do wrong?

And don't you dare to suggest that a lvl 80 char should farm blood aqueduct or Oriath square for currency and T1 maps. Because if that's your solution, it only entrenches the utter and complete fail this whole league is.

Also don't get at me with the stale old argument that SSF doesn't count. GGG just now introduced a new mechanic that was supposed to make map sustain for SSF easier. See how well that worked out.

@8: You know, when I don't like a product, I don't buy it. If I don't have time for a football game, I don't buy the ticket in the first place. If a lot of people think it's wasted time and don't buy the tickets, the clubs will start to think what they can do to get their customers back. Shorten the game time, for example.
Customers don't adapt to a product they're supposed to pay for. It's the other way around, but if even this most basic economic knowledge eludes you, I really wonder how much merit your lectures about game efficiency actually have.
Last edited by Blank_GGG on Mar 20, 2018, 8:32:16 AM
@Ehiin

[Removed by Support]
2.Doesn't "prove" anything. Just shows there's 1 person who run out of maps. I have about 100 white maps on bestiary. I could run them unmodded and not even sustain, but thrive so dunno what you're on about. SSF was never meant to be easypeasy btw either and my post wasn't about some SSF, but Bestiary SC league.
3.Noone is requiring you to pay for anything here, you chose to pay. You need to adapt to the game the game doesn't need to adapt to the whining of ppl who cba to put in any effort. That's what always kills good games like WoW back in the day. All the casuals whine until the game is made so easy that it loses all challenge and everyone quits. This isn't a football club, but an online arpg that is FREE to play. GGG obviously is doing fine, they don't care about some randoms 10 ppl threatening them with not buying supporter packs or whatever lmao.
Last edited by Paldamus on Mar 20, 2018, 7:34:05 AM
"
Paldamus wrote:
@Ehiin

2.Doesn't "prove" anything. Just shows there's 1 person who run out of maps. I have about 100 white maps on bestiary. I could run them unmodded and not even sustain, but thrive so dunno what you're on about. SSF was never meant to be easypeasy btw either and my post wasn't about some SSF, but Bestiary SC league.

You know what anecdotal evidence is, don't you? My account proves exactly as much as yours.
Only that mine is substantiated by hundreds of similar ones all over the net while you are the lone voice in the wilderness (also called fanboi).

And you didn't answer my question. What did I do wrong? You're doing splendid, I failed - so please, enlighten me.

"
3.Noone is requiring you to pay for anything here, you chose to pay. You need to adapt to the game the game doesn't need to adapt to the whining of ppl who cba to put in any effort.

No, you don't understand it. Hint: GGG is not a charity.
They require me to pay. If I (and many others) don't, they will have to shut down. Yes, I get a teaser for free. I can see if I like it. If I don't, I won't pay for it. It's their loss, not mine.

ATM, I don't like it at all.

If Levi's fails to deliver jeans in my size, I will not "adapt to their product", I will find another supplier.

Oh, and while you're at it, please tell me where I didn't put in the effort.
Hi guys,

A number of posts in this thread have been removed or edited for containing antagonistic comments or personal attacks directed towards other forums users. Please make sure that all future posts are in accordance with the Code of Conduct.
1.What hundreds of ppl? Most ppl (the tens of thousands that play PoE) never visit forums or reddit so how about them? You think cos 100 ppl out of 100 000 whine on some reddit thread means that it's the majority lmao? The overall majority of ppl that play PoE just play it and don't comment on anything and it seems their fine so i would actually have hundred times more ppl supporting my claim then the few tens of ppl that whine on some forum thread. Plus there's even ppl right in this thread and others that say that the league is fine.

2.Don't try to bring examples that have nothing to do with this particular one. This is GGG's game and they don't require you to pay anything, hence they are not obligated to care about anyone's threats of not supporting them... because the thing that you seem to miss, is that MOST people do support them as seen by the sin/innocence mystery box being the best sold one yet.
Last edited by Paldamus on Mar 20, 2018, 10:05:46 AM
"
Paldamus wrote:
@ Prisus

[Removed by Support]

3.I see way more than 1 red beast per 5 maps. That's the number they had intended, but in reality it is quite a bit higher. I mean if you're efficient and i'm not even talking really efficient, then you can hit like 20 maps per hour. I encounter a red once every 2-3 maps (sometimes every map) usually, hence i'd encounter tens per day. How is that "too rare"? Get efficient so u can map faster instead of spending 30 mins in 1 map picking daisies lol. The only people that are whining about red beasts are new players who are inefficient at playing the game.
4.Who is "we"? Speak only for yourself mate.
5.Most of the ppl whining are attacking GGG and by your standards being "pathetic". I'm here saying that the ones whining are scrubs. How about them apples?

Listen to yourself man. You're the classic 'RNG has been good for me, so it must be good for everybody else or they're lying whining scrubs.' I hit maps with a new character and legitimately ran my first 12 maps before seeing a red beast. I thought something was wrong. GGG says the average is 1 per 5. So for every dude that gets good luck there is another that doesn't. Stop trying to say that it's not 1 out of 5 just because you got some good luck. And your personal attacks is not a good look for somebody trying to make a 'realistic' view of anything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info