A realistic view of Bestiary

League was garbage at launch. Now it is tolerable except i am still going to complain about the red beast rate and how most of them ends up being used in worthless recipes.

"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
"
IamLoco wrote:
Callin geveryone a scrub who doesn´t agree with your opinion makes you what exactly?

"
"The POSITIVES about bestiary imo:
*all the stuff that came with 3.2 itself, so the ascendancy rework, sextant/bisco changes, uber elder etc"

That came with 3.2 in general - also to standard - and has nothing to do with the beastleague.

You can try to talk beastiary into a great position but it won´t work for the majority of players who do not experience a league at all.

- The recipes are far too random, numerous and unrewarding. There is not real goal to work for.
- The few beasts per map are hardly worth the efforts
- The "endgame" is the worst joke ever. A slight chance of seeing all 4 spirit beasts once per month maybe doesn´t make this bad league more interesting
- the loot is even worse than in standard as the nets just cover the floor and eliminate chances for other items to drop
- map drop chances are totally fucked up

I don´t like the league at all - although I was super hyped by the IDEA behind it when GGG announced it. I can easily say this is a huge disappointment.

Let's not overexxagerate here again as you whiny types have a tendency to do. I ain't calling "everyone who doesn't agree with me scrubs", i just said that the tl;dr is that most of the whining isn't justified and it's done by scrubs. Like what am i supposed to say then lol? They're scrubs to me, cos they don't put in any time/effort to self-educate themselves in PoE and they parrot stuff they heard from reddit...

Yeah the 3.2 doesn't have much to do with bestiary, that's a correct observation.

I ain't trying to talk it to a good position, i mentioned several negatives... and i dunno what your "most players" are and what they are "not experiencing".

Map drops are fine for me and the spirit beasts encounters just got buffed... so um yeah.

@ RTC_ yeah you're kinda right.

Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
I’m enjoying this league. It’s just like playing a fresh char in Standard, vanilla is great
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
You need to add that the advertised crafting is pretty much absent and probably 30 recipes are worth using and the other 300 should be removed :p, i'm usually fairly happy with a league once they first round of changes comes through but outside of the spirit beasts (and lets be real, only 2/4 of each set is worth wearing) the reward is most definitely missing in beast league.

I'd love to be able to craft, but you just can't its not even close to a useful system I can replicate the entire thing by running maps and using every chaos that drops on whatever i'm trying to "craft", not only is that more efficient but it highlights how many useless steps are added for beastcrafting without any additional gain.

Ironically as my base is 83 and the mods are restricted by what level of beast you use chaos spam also has a better chance of a good result.
Yeah most of the crafts are meh, but it's just filler for the higher end stuff that can yield goodies. I feel like beastcrafting is meant more for special kinds of crafts (thematic to bestiary obviously), not just putting the regular stuff on items and ppl expected the same stuff that masters already have etc. I mean we have orb crafting, mastercrafting, essencecrafting, this is just a different flavour :p
Last edited by Paldamus on Mar 19, 2018, 11:17:06 AM
[Removed by Support]

There are many complaints that are warranted. Especially that of Chris' unwillingness to increase the frequency of red beasts which is the leagues main mechanic. Most players don't care about the yellow beasts because they are so easy to capture and the items the provide have a higher chance to be vendor trash.

Imagine for one second if when Breach, Abyss, and Harbinger were released that we would see 1 of those events every 5 maps? You're telling me the backlash wouldn't be the same no matter how good the league mechanic?

The main underlying issue with Bestiary league is that it doesn't feel like a league. Increasing the frequency of spirit beasts is useless if we are not motivated to hunt them.

I personally switched over to SSF and am actually enjoying the league there (as it seems this league was designed with SSF in mind).

Attacking other players and calling them names because they present their ideas differently is relatively pathetic in the grand scheme of things.

There's me being real. :)
Last edited by Blank_GGG on Mar 20, 2018, 8:17:56 AM
"
Paldamus wrote:
Yeah most of the crafts are meh, but it's just filler for the higher end stuff that can yield goodies. I feel like beastcrafting is meant more for special kinds of crafts (thematic to bestiary obviously), not just putting the regular stuff on items and ppl expected the same stuff that masters already have etc. I mean we have orb crafting, mastercrafting, essencecrafting, this is just a different flavour :p

Hey look you have opinions. Mine is that this league sucks. I think people confuse that with the game sucks. I still like the game but i dont like this shit league. You can disagree all you want but it doesnt change the fact that most of the people who play this game didnt like this league. Sorry dude but your realistic view is only real to you.
@ Prisus

[Removed by Support]

3.I see way more than 1 red beast per 5 maps. That's the number they had intended, but in reality it is quite a bit higher. I mean if you're efficient and i'm not even talking really efficient, then you can hit like 20 maps per hour. I encounter a red once every 2-3 maps (sometimes every map) usually, hence i'd encounter tens per day. How is that "too rare"? Get efficient so u can map faster instead of spending 30 mins in 1 map picking daisies lol. The only people that are whining about red beasts are new players who are inefficient at playing the game.
4.Who is "we"? Speak only for yourself mate.
5.Most of the ppl whining are attacking GGG and by your standards being "pathetic". I'm here saying that the ones whining are scrubs. How about them apples?
Last edited by Blank_GGG on Mar 20, 2018, 8:19:16 AM
"
Malice4201 wrote:
"
Paldamus wrote:

Hey look you have opinions. Mine is that this league sucks. I think people confuse that with the game sucks. I still like the game but i dont like this shit league. You can disagree all you want but it doesnt change the fact that most of the people who play this game didnt like this league. Sorry dude but your realistic view is only real to you.

Dunno who you're "most" is. People toss words like : majority, most, everyone, 99% etc around like it's nothing and yeah my view is based on my first hand, personal experience, not parroting someone from reddit like those whiners ;)
Personaly I'm just not a fan of that system. It doesn't really ad any mechanick (paying attention to not kill something isn't really adding complexity at all to me).

And nest drop seems to take the place of currency drop so basicaly I can't just skip going after pokemon without gimping my gearing.

I think it would have been a betther diea to make it a complementary gameplay rather then beeing almost mandatory.

Well thats assuming that nest drop do really take the place of a currency drop meaning that not using the nest result in the lost of total wealth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info