A realistic view of Bestiary

"
percydaman2 wrote:
"
Paldamus wrote:
@ Prisus

[Removed by Support]

3.I see way more than 1 red beast per 5 maps. That's the number they had intended, but in reality it is quite a bit higher. I mean if you're efficient and i'm not even talking really efficient, then you can hit like 20 maps per hour. I encounter a red once every 2-3 maps (sometimes every map) usually, hence i'd encounter tens per day. How is that "too rare"? Get efficient so u can map faster instead of spending 30 mins in 1 map picking daisies lol. The only people that are whining about red beasts are new players who are inefficient at playing the game.
4.Who is "we"? Speak only for yourself mate.
5.Most of the ppl whining are attacking GGG and by your standards being "pathetic". I'm here saying that the ones whining are scrubs. How about them apples?

Listen to yourself man. You're the classic 'RNG has been good for me, so it must be good for everybody else or they're lying whining scrubs.' I hit maps with a new character and legitimately ran my first 12 maps before seeing a red beast. I thought something was wrong. GGG says the average is 1 per 5. So for every dude that gets good luck there is another that doesn't. Stop trying to say that it's not 1 out of 5 just because you got some good luck. And your personal attacks is not a good look for somebody trying to make a 'realistic' view of anything.

1.More like you're the classic "reddit says that league sucks, hence it sucks even though i've only reached 10 challenges and have barely experienced any of it.
2.Rng isn't you getting "bad luck" for the entire league lol, it's just random and i encounter red beasts like it ain't nothing and you would too, if you run more than 1 map per hour.
3.I got personally attacked several times by whiners, hence the mod deleting some of their (and my) comments.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
"
Paldamus wrote:
"
percydaman2 wrote:
"
Paldamus wrote:
@ Prisus

[Removed by Support]

3.I see way more than 1 red beast per 5 maps. That's the number they had intended, but in reality it is quite a bit higher. I mean if you're efficient and i'm not even talking really efficient, then you can hit like 20 maps per hour. I encounter a red once every 2-3 maps (sometimes every map) usually, hence i'd encounter tens per day. How is that "too rare"? Get efficient so u can map faster instead of spending 30 mins in 1 map picking daisies lol. The only people that are whining about red beasts are new players who are inefficient at playing the game.
5.Most of the ppl whining are attacking GGG and by your standards being "pathetic". I'm here saying that the ones whining are scrubs. How about them apples?

Listen to yourself man. You're the classic 'RNG has been good for me, so it must be good for everybody else or they're lying whining scrubs.' I hit maps with a new character and legitimately ran my first 12 maps before seeing a red beast. I thought something was wrong. GGG says the average is 1 per 5. So for every dude that gets good luck there is another that doesn't. Stop trying to say that it's not 1 out of 5 just because you got some good luck. And your personal attacks is not a good look for somebody trying to make a 'realistic' view of anything.

1.More like you're the classic "reddit says that league sucks, hence it sucks even though i've only reached 10 challenges and have barely experienced any of it.
2.Rng isn't you getting "bad luck" for the entire league lol, it's just random and i encounter red beasts like it ain't nothing and you would too, if you run more than 1 map per hour.
3.I got personally attacked several times by whiners, hence the mod deleting some of their (and my) comments.

bro, I knew on The Coast after I used the god-awful net mechanic that the league was bad. . .
"
Paldamus wrote:
"
percydaman2 wrote:
"
Paldamus wrote:
@ Prisus

[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support] I give zero fucks about achievements. Never have, never will.

Again, listen to yourself. RNG isn't you getting bad luck, it's just random? /facepalm
Last edited by Blank_GGG on Mar 20, 2018, 10:42:54 AM
@thawn4444 - Bro i knew after checking ur profile that you're just a troll

@percydaman2 - I don't care if you claim to care about challenges or not, but 10 at week 3 just shows the fact that you haven't played much, hence the "parroting what reddit says mob mentality" that seems to be going on here amongst whiners like u. RNG doesn't seem to be getting anyone of the tens of thousands of ppl playing bad luck, except the usual few hundred whiners on reddit that cry in every league about the same stuff lmao
Last edited by Paldamus on Mar 20, 2018, 12:01:23 PM
"
Paldamus wrote:

@percydaman2 - I don't care if you claim to care about challenges or not, but 10 at week 3 just shows the fact that you haven't played much, hence the "parroting what reddit says mob mentality" that seems to be going on here amongst whiners like u. RNG doesn't seem to be getting anyone of the tens of thousands of ppl playing bad luck, except the usual few hundred whiners on reddit that cry in every league about the same stuff lmao

You don't know squat. I like to play multiple characters per season. And I've played MORE than enough to know what is and isn't working with regards to the season. And why the fuck do you keep bringing up reddit? Go whine on reddit if you have such a hard on for it. I'm gobsmacked at the levels of ignorance and petty arguments you're making. And the fact that your good RNG just has to be representative of everybody else tells me everything I need to know about you. Give it up bro, your arguments have been refuted as the subjective opinions they are. By multiple people.
"
percydaman2 wrote:
"
Paldamus wrote:

You don't know squat. I like to play multiple characters per season. And I've played MORE than enough to know what is and isn't working with regards to the season. And why the fuck do you keep bringing up reddit? Go whine on reddit if you have such a hard on for it. I'm gobsmacked at the levels of ignorance and petty arguments you're making. And the fact that your good RNG just has to be representative of everybody else tells me everything I need to know about you. Give it up bro, your arguments have been refuted as the subjective opinions they are. By multiple people.

Starting off with a lowkey insult huh...good stuff. Why not bring up reddit... that's where all the whiners gather and that's where most of what gets talked about by streamers/community comes from and is posted on. Typical, you just call my arguments crappy, but don't refute them or bring any of your own - weak. You think your bad rng represents anyone but yourself? Maybe you and the other 50 whiners, but not tens of thousands of players - now get that through your head. Those multiple people ain't nothing but low challenge reddit parroters who don't count anything to me and everything you are saying is subjective just aswell, give it up yaself xD
Anecdotal "I get 1 red beast every 3 maps and sometimes every map" is irrelevant data to the conversation.

Quote from Chris Wilson:

"
We have deployed Beast Trading today and are now gathering data about how it affects the rate that people open portals to the Spirit Beasts. Assuming nothing unexpected happens, our plan is to increase the access to Spirit Beasts after the weekend.

I am sorry that content goes out rarer than it ends up. This is partly intentional (better to be cautious), and also partly because it's very hard to balance these values across large numbers of players. We have avoided adjusting these numbers so far because we weren't sure of the impact that Beast Trading would have on it. Based on past data, a league with final content that is rarer than it should be does perform better than a league that has content that is equivalently more common than it should be. This is not an excuse to make content too rare, and we do plan to change it based on your feedback and our data.

To be clear, please note that I am discussing an increase to the relative spawn rate of the four Legendary Beasts that grant access to the Spirit Beast areas. I am not talking about making Legendary Beasts themselves more common. The recipes that they are used for are intentionally designed to be one-per-five areas.

The spawn rate is 1 in 5 maps on average. So a standard deviation could push that from 1 in every map to 1 in every 20 depending on RNG.

There is nothing else that needs to be said.
The reality is that this is simply a worse Essence league.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
Anecdotal "I get 1 red beast every 3 maps and sometimes every map" is irrelevant data to the conversation.

Quote from Chris Wilson:

"
We have deployed Beast Trading today and are now gathering data about how it affects the rate that people open portals to the Spirit Beasts. Assuming nothing unexpected happens, our plan is to increase the access to Spirit Beasts after the weekend.

I am sorry that content goes out rarer than it ends up. This is partly intentional (better to be cautious), and also partly because it's very hard to balance these values across large numbers of players. We have avoided adjusting these numbers so far because we weren't sure of the impact that Beast Trading would have on it. Based on past data, a league with final content that is rarer than it should be does perform better than a league that has content that is equivalently more common than it should be. This is not an excuse to make content too rare, and we do plan to change it based on your feedback and our data.

To be clear, please note that I am discussing an increase to the relative spawn rate of the four Legendary Beasts that grant access to the Spirit Beast areas. I am not talking about making Legendary Beasts themselves more common. The recipes that they are used for are intentionally designed to be one-per-five areas.

The spawn rate is 1 in 5 maps on average. So a standard deviation could push that from 1 in every map to 1 in every 20 depending on RNG.

There is nothing else that needs to be said.

I already said 2 times before that i know that 1 out of 5 quote, but it means nothing in reality. You can make a wheel with 5 sections on it and spin it around (hence hitting 1 marked section would statistically have a 20% chance or 1 out of 5), but in reality you will not hit it 20% of the time. That's just a baseline and me getting a red beast 3 maps a row is pretty far from your "standard deviation". So much for your "irrelevant data" lmao...
There's nothing else that needs to be said.
Last edited by Paldamus on Mar 20, 2018, 1:03:14 PM
"

the entire "craft a rare (item) with (stat)" category is just a much worse version of essence crafting, and it is also super annoying to deal with.
all that effort for a craft that is vastly inferior to a 1c screaming essence? at this point you might as well just roll chaos and save yourself all this trouble.

That, I think is the worst bit. Need something better than just rolling Alchs or essences.

1) If able to craft a rare with *2* known mods, it'd be better than essences.

2) Or with the ability to add another Mod to an already Beast-crafted item (maybe even bypassing the normal restrictions... beast-crafted items get their own icon like elder/shaper, which includes an extra slot that can only be used for this add-on)

3) Or a "craft a rare with an Unknown Mod" that has a decent chance at an elder/shaper mod.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info