[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

Someone check my character pls. What can I do for upgrade?
"
It is absolutely fun and incredible, however I just have huge issues surviving in incursions / temples during leveling now... I get nearly oneshot when I enter, if I am lucky I can evade and get a few kills but if the mob groups are to big they just blast me off the screen :(

Will this get better while I develop the passive tree, or how is the survival maanged later on... any leech?

I felt for a long time the build was clunky and incursions especially were very punishing. I bought a Ming's heart (heck, I even played with two of them for a while) and built around it. Once you get enough life and MoM and dodge, you can dump it (I am at 42% for attacks and 42 % for spells, it feels good).

There is also the possible cluster of Life + chaos res that is not too far away from the tree (in 6 skill points, you get 20% life and 20% chaos res) but I don't think it is optimal.

However, in your case, I looked at your toon (Vortexalina I guess) and I have a few suggestions :

First, drop Nomic's storm for ANY other boots. The first hit you take with these will always be 15% worse, why would you want that ?

The Tabula is good (I am playing with one since Inpulsa is so much more expansive in race than in regular incursion) but if you're not playing with 6 links, drop it for a good 5 link.

And definitely get gear with more life. It is crucial to survive.
Great build, just one question why run MoM when you have so little mana unreserved?
"
Provin915 wrote:
Great build, just one question why run MoM when you have so little mana unreserved?

This question is answered in the FAQ section of the original guide.
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
"
It is absolutely fun and incredible, however I just have huge issues surviving in incursions / temples during leveling now... I get nearly oneshot when I enter, if I am lucky I can evade and get a few kills but if the mob groups are to big they just blast me off the screen :(

Will this get better while I develop the passive tree, or how is the survival maanged later on... any leech?

I felt for a long time the build was clunky and incursions especially were very punishing. I bought a Ming's heart (heck, I even played with two of them for a while) and built around it. Once you get enough life and MoM and dodge, you can dump it (I am at 42% for attacks and 42 % for spells, it feels good).

There is also the possible cluster of Life + chaos res that is not too far away from the tree (in 6 skill points, you get 20% life and 20% chaos res) but I don't think it is optimal.

However, in your case, I looked at your toon (Vortexalina I guess) and I have a few suggestions :

First, drop Nomic's storm for ANY other boots. The first hit you take with these will always be 15% worse, why would you want that ?

The Tabula is good (I am playing with one since Inpulsa is so much more expansive in race than in regular incursion) but if you're not playing with 6 links, drop it for a good 5 link.

And definitely get gear with more life. It is crucial to survive.

Great input, very much appreciated, thank you :)
"
Reaction1980 wrote:
"
Provin915 wrote:

This question is answered in the FAQ section of the original guide.

My bad, thank you for the quick response!
I'm using this build on Incursion event and I'm having a blast! I got a pretty good damage, but I'm dying too much. I didn't get many of the life nodes, but I got 5k hp as my equipment provides a good amount of life. Can anyone check my build and give me tips on how I can improve?
What is better for bigger DPS?

1) Weapon which have "Gain 24% Physical Damage as Extra Cold damage" + "90% increased critical strike chance for spells"

or

2) Weapon which have "Gain 24% Physical Damage as Extra -> Cold <- damage" + Weapon which have "Gain 24% Physical Damage as Extra -> Fire <- damage"
Well, you definitely took too little life + you chose not to take the acrobatics path. This is your problem, as your gear is good. I don't think you need all those damage nodes, maybe respec some + as you have efficacy, you could respec the second duration cluster.
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
you chose not to take the acrobatics path

Yes, I followed the "Two duration clusters tree" as the build states it's better for beginners. Do you recommend following the "Single duration cluster tree with Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics" variation instead?

"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
Well, you definitely took too little life + you chose not to take the acrobatics path. This is your problem, as your gear is good. I don't think you need all those damage nodes, maybe respec some + as you have efficacy, you could respec the second duration cluster.

But do you really think this is the problem? The 8 nodes in the life cluster gives me +500 life and honestly I'm not sure that's going to help me since I'm mostly getting one shot when I die.

Btw, thanks for your response! I appreciate your help.

EDIT: I respecd my tree, the phase acrobatic nodes seem really promising. I also got all the life nodes. Let's see!
Last edited by gearlles on Aug 13, 2018, 3:38:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info