[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

I imagine it will still be viable just needs a few modifications. Might need to just completely drop Mind over Matter atleast until you get the boot leech enchants. Maybe prioritize a little more mana regen? The late game damage took a bit of a hit but idk. It's a shame cause bv is probably the only ability I really enjoy
I'm wondering if swapping BoR and its predecessor for the 2 Golem ascendancies would be an option. Running triple heralds and golems
"
Shamfam wrote:
I imagine it will still be viable just needs a few modifications. Might need to just completely drop Mind over Matter atleast until you get the boot leech enchants. Maybe prioritize a little more mana regen? The late game damage took a bit of a hit but idk. It's a shame cause bv is probably the only ability I really enjoy

i am not sure i will be updating the guide for 3.7, but the build should still be viable with some tweaks:

* if beacon of ruin is dumpstered, take the spell leech and double golem ascendancy nodes instead.
* link mana leech gem to heralds (it has no mana multiplier). later on can use boot enchant leech or berek's grip ring.
* for boss fights use storm brand (or perhaps orb of storms) with mana leech.
* use elemental proliferation gem for mapping (may need to link to both BV and ice herald for full effect). can now use Assassin's Mark curse instead of WM to compensate the dps loss.

but at this point might as well play scion elequisitor instead.
Last edited by DirtyDot on Jun 5, 2019, 2:13:07 AM
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"
Shamfam wrote:

i am not sure i will be updating the guide for 3.7, but the build should still be viable with some tweaks:

* if beacon of ruin is dumpstered, take the spell leech and double golem ascendancy nodes instead.
* link mana leech gem to heralds (it has no mana multiplier). later on can use boot enchant leech or berek's grip ring.
* for boss fights use storm brand (or perhaps orb of storms) with mana leech.
* use elemental proliferation gem for mapping (may need to link to both BV and ice herald for full effect). can now use Assassin's Mark curse instead of WM to compensate the dps loss.

but at this point might as well play scion elequisitor instead.

Why should we use Elemental Proliferation with HoI? Isn't it enough just linking EP with BV?

Thanks in advance.
"
Kakovich wrote:

Why should we use Elemental Proliferation with HoI? Isn't it enough just linking EP with BV?

Thanks in advance.

linking proliferation to BV alone could be enough. HoI is for the extra clear speed.
With the recent changes to Flicker Strike, could this build be modified to use that instead of Blade Vortex?
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"
Kakovich wrote:

Thanks in advance.

linking proliferation to BV alone could be enough. HoI is for the extra clear speed.

Understood, thanks.

If I use Inpulsa, something like: HoI + Elemental Proliferation + Whatever, could be a waste of reserved mana?
I mean, right now I have to choose between Triple Herald (without support gems linked to HoI) + Wrath, or remove HoA for get enough mana to link stuff to HoI...

could you make a 3.7 passive tree update?
"
Kakovich wrote:

Understood, thanks.

If I use Inpulsa, something like: HoI + Elemental Proliferation + Whatever, could be a waste of reserved mana?
I mean, right now I have to choose between Triple Herald (without support gems linked to HoI) + Wrath, or remove HoA for get enough mana to link stuff to HoI...

i don't play blade vortex anymore so you will have to test it yourself. theoretically, HoI with high enough chance to shock and freeze can cause chain reaction and kill mobs off-screen (shocked mobs killed by HoI will explode due to Inpulsa and kill frozen mobs nearby which will trigger HoI explosions again, rinse and repeat). Inpulsa alone can't chain react because its explosions cannot shock.
I will try it. Thank you for your answer.
Last edited by Kakovich on Jun 11, 2019, 12:55:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info