[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

"
How is this build as a league starter? I am debating this or arc trap saboteur for the flashback league but can't decide. I have a feeling they're going to nerf arc traps next league so I kinda want to try it but this spec looks amazing with all the heralds.

Hi Tanaomit. I don't play a lot (real life, that kind of things), I am not a good player (despite a lot of hours spent in the game) and I had some trouble to start with this build (could not gear properly for a long time). The build felt clunky for some time.

But once a threshold is reached, it is very strong and fast. I am now sitting at 6.6 k (life + ES) + MoM (700 mana), with 51 dodge attacks and 30 spell dodge, I kill things really fast (up to tier 14, have not reached beyond that yet) and the character is fun to play. Probably more than trappers (I tried them in other leagues : they have been strong for a few leagues and look VERY strong now but boring).

And I still have not looked in my flasks... and some of my gear could probably be better.

Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Aug 3, 2018, 1:13:34 AM
This is the build I chose for my first ever SSF character and it is working out quite well for me so far.

Even without Inpulsa, none of the recommended flasks, Beacon of Ruin (still can't get that last trial to spawn...), any decent weapons at all, really crappy rares that are basically propping up my resistances and correct gem colours, and only a 4-link BV setup I'm getting through my current level of content very nicely.

Doing around tier 8 maps no problem whatsoever so I am looking forward to seeing what the meaty upgrades will do for me should they drop.

And to anyone who shy's away from SSF I'd suggest giving it a go. For me it's been a nice way to minimise burnout. Sure it's nice to get all the gear you need as soon as you hit endgame but I'm enjoying the SSF experience. It's a great feeling getting a drop you need.

Thanks for reading and may RNG favour you always.
Last edited by Reaction1980 on Aug 6, 2018, 3:58:00 PM
I'm level 45 atm and having to recast BV constantly. Very annoying. Is it like this at higher levels?

I'm preferring using arc to level actually, even though the guide said to switch to BV mid 30's.

I have the 3 skill duration nodes, but still recasting BV a lot. Are there any skills / items that are going to ease this spam in the future?

thanks
In videos you are casting your blades way faster than me, how ?

Im using orb of storm with the same set up, did you change something on your build and you didn't noticed it in the forum's build ? Or maybe Im just casting as fast as you, but it really doesn't looks like (I watched the Hydra map, I read in comment that it was last patch, and that's why you were running 20 blades, but I saw nothing about this strange fast casting speed)

I was also wondering something about items, I took all unique you did recommend, so I really dont have armour at all, is it a probleme to have like ... 5% physicial reduction ? >< It doesn't really feel like for me since I do one shot everything for the moment, but I guess big boss will slap me no ? (Im lvl 75)
Last edited by BuissonMuscle on Aug 6, 2018, 5:06:14 PM
"
I'm level 45 atm and having to recast BV constantly. Very annoying. Is it like this at higher levels?

I'm preferring using arc to level actually, even though the guide said to switch to BV mid 30's.

I have the 3 skill duration nodes, but still recasting BV a lot. Are there any skills / items that are going to ease this spam in the future?

thanks

just use increased duration gem (R), things will become much easier.
Spell Echo, Inc. Duration and Faster Casting are all big quality of life for BV. With Echo and duration being the biggest ones. Unless ure doing uber elder, i would just run both of those all the time.
Even without spell echo or duration, I found that eventually after a bit of mapping I was just weaving my BV casts around my movement skill anyway and keeping my charges at or around 10.

It becomes pretty natural and I do it without really thinking about it now.

As I said earlier though, I'm currently only running a 4 link due to SSF limitations.

Remember you can get 30% BV duration as a helm enchant for Uber Lab too.
Last edited by Reaction1980 on Aug 6, 2018, 11:27:27 PM
Thanks for the build he's really op and fun to play.what you think about Elemental Overload and The 2 celestial node on the left ?
Can anyone inspect my char pls now preparing for uber Elder. Just upgrade all equipment all left is to change elder ring to shaped ring and buy 6l loreweave. What herald should i remove to change to blasphemy warlord mark?
You keep all 3 heralds always, shaper ring on one hand, elder roll ring with curse on hit warlords mark on other hand, so you'll be removing 2 gems from your actual gear, for example when i did that my gloves now have all 3 heralds with enlighten to reduce mana reserved

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info