[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

"
Sungura wrote:
Spoiler

Can anybody help me out with upgrading? I died a few times trying to kill Elder on red maps, so I'm scared that I won't be able to do guardians safely.
I have an okay amount of money, but I don't know what to prioritize upgrading in order to get the most value out of my money.

buy 20/20 vaal blade vortex gem and it will almost double your burst damage
and don't use 2 increased critical strikes supports, they don't stack
Last edited by DirtyDot on Jul 26, 2018, 6:56:23 PM
Edited.
Last edited by Dutky on Feb 23, 2019, 12:56:14 PM
Hey man, sick build thanks! I see you put 12-14 for the Warlord's mark on your boots, but you don't have a number for the Warlord's mark on your gloves. Does this mean I should crank it up to 20?? Or keep at 12-14 like the other one? Thanks so much!
"
PoeHead wrote:
Hey man, sick build thanks! I see you put 12-14 for the Warlord's mark on your boots, but you don't have a number for the Warlord's mark on your gloves. Does this mean I should crank it up to 20?? Or keep at 12-14 like the other one? Thanks so much!

for the curse on hit setup you can level WM to the max
"
PoeHead wrote:

The reason it's stopped at 14 is because of the thresholds of Cast when damage taken.
You want this low enough so it procs more often than not, and to be quite honest, im always surprised when i see people take it over level 1 as most builds have it locked at 1 so it procs all the time.

But, it'll only proc gems with the same level requirement or below. So if CDWT requires level 56 to use, then the Active skill gems (something you can press and something happens) that link to it must require 56 or below, which in this case for WM is around the same.

If you ever link an active skill to it that goes over, it wont trigger (as i just noticed i let my frost bomb do :( ).

Passive/Support skills aren't affected by this limit. You can have CDWT at, for example level 10, with Immortal Call at level 12, so they have the same level requirement and thus IC will trigger when you take a certain amount of damage, but you can have increased duration at 20. Increased Duration will affect IC as if you were pressing the button to cast it yourself, the only difference being, it's not you casting it.

Sorry if this is confusing, im very tired, but hopefully it helps understand the mechanics behind linking gems to Cast When Damage Taken... alot of builds use this skill.

So TLDR - The boots gem is level-requirement-capped by the level requirement of Cast When Damage Taken as it cant go over or it wont trigger. The Glove gem has no limitation.
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"
Sungura wrote:
Spoiler

Can anybody help me out with upgrading? I died a few times trying to kill Elder on red maps, so I'm scared that I won't be able to do guardians safely.
I have an okay amount of money, but I don't know what to prioritize upgrading in order to get the most value out of my money.

buy 20/20 vaal blade vortex gem and it will almost double your burst damage
and don't use 2 increased critical strikes supports, they don't stack

What you do about the souls you need to cast Vaal Blade Vortex?

What I do to make it last longer? In the video you have more than 10 blades, how you do that?
Last edited by raulbsc on Jul 27, 2018, 8:11:42 PM
Great build! Been playing it this whole league and I love it!

Got one question tho, do you guys think using mace/shield or even sword/shield (not brightbeak, but a shaper ones like the ones suggested in the guide) would hurt my damage too much?

Only reason is I really dont like how small daggers look.

Thanks in advance for any answers!

EDIT: Also another quick question, is any of the "Gain % of phys dmg as fire/cold/light dmg" more important? Noticed most people on poe.ninja tend to use the cold mod and almost none use the fire one.
Last edited by _SplitSecond_ on Jul 28, 2018, 10:04:30 AM
I recently found the magic of a Poe.trade / path of building import Chrome extension and combining it with Path of Building. Find a weapon you like, import it into POB and see what happens.. makes it really easy to compare stuff. Been using it alot for jewels and i wish id known about it when buying my weapons, i would recommend looking into it :)

Personally i look for / use the Cold mod because my CDWT is linked to Frost Bomb, which reduces enemy Cold Resist by 25%. I'm assuming the extra damage still plays by the enemy resistances rules..
"
TTDarkSide wrote:
Hi all. I can't understand why Controlled Destruction using with Inc. Crit. Strikes chance on Blade Vortex there?

I have the same question, doesn't make sense to me. COuld anyone please explain?
"
PRiVaTeGSuS wrote:
"
TTDarkSide wrote:
Hi all. I can't understand why Controlled Destruction using with Inc. Crit. Strikes chance on Blade Vortex there?

I have the same question, doesn't make sense to me. COuld anyone please explain?

thats easy, controlled destruction reduce your crit by 100% thats doesnt mean your chance to crit is 0% its reduce 100% so in tooltip it will be like 7% less, inc crit give you ~100% to crit so at the end you have same crit BUT inc crit gives you also 1.9 base crit, thats mean you have higher crit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info