[3.4] RF/SR Pathfinder easy Uber Atziri, Uber Elder, Red Maps with all mods

So, i reached lv90 and managed to kill t15 Red Elder for my first time, and i killed him twice (using the trick with another char to get all fragments).

This build is great. Though, i died 1 time both runs, because:
1) i do too less damage, and honestly i don't know exactly how upgrade it by a lot. I mean, i know i have only lv19 gems and not even a 6l but i don't know if that will solve the dps problem. I also know that i can do a couple of levels that will help increasing life and get another jewel socket but... these things will improve by a lot the damage...
I know i do too less damage because in the second try, the arena was literally filled of degen caused by the propagator killed.
2) if i put frost wall on my weapon instead of critical chance gem, then i can't proc EO and EE easily. And that's why Shaper died. I cant link frost wall with increased duration, because if i swap out blood magic then i wouldn't be able to use those skills with RF's degen up that depletes mana. Where do you put in you gear the FW+ID link?
3) also, if using concentrated effect all the time during Elder fight, how can i kill fast all the portals?

Anyway, thanks for the build, i reached my most important goal.
Last edited by Serge91 on Apr 13, 2018, 1:08:28 PM
Hi, I just put down Uberelder on my 2nd attempt ever with this build. Uberelder is the only fight I failed, other fight like regular Shaper, Atziri, guardians are all easy, if you can keep your flask up. Thx for your build.
"
Serge91 wrote:
1) i do too less damage, and honestly i don't know exactly how upgrade it by a lot. I mean, i know i have only lv19 gems and not even a 6l but i don't know if that will solve the dps problem. I also know that i can do a couple of levels that will help increasing life and get another jewel socket but... these things will improve by a lot the damage...
I know i do too less damage because in the second try, the arena was literally filled of degen caused by the propagator killed.

The damage is not very high on this build but it is enough to kill all bosses. On the Elder fight you have to either kill the propagators quickly or use your life flask to counter the degen fields.

"
Serge91 wrote:
2) if i put frost wall on my weapon instead of critical chance gem, then i can't proc EO and EE easily. And that's why Shaper died. I cant link frost wall with increased duration, because if i swap out blood magic then i wouldn't be able to use those skills with RF's degen up that depletes mana. Where do you put in you gear the FW+ID link?

I dont use orb of storms on elder fights. My weapon has 2 red and 1 blue socket since i normaly dont use inc crit on orb of storms. You could get another doryanis for the elder fights.
Just proc EE with shield charges or frost wall. The EO uptime may suffer but shaper surviving is more important.

"
Serge91 wrote:
3) also, if using concentrated effect all the time during Elder fight, how can i kill fast all the portals?

You dont need to kill the portals or adds during the shaper phase. Focus on placing frost walls and shaper will survive.

"
knedlik85 wrote:
Hi, I just put down Uberelder on my 2nd attempt ever with this build. Uberelder is the only fight I failed, other fight like regular Shaper, Atziri, guardians are all easy, if you can keep your flask up. Thx for your build.

Congratulations on uber elder.
Last edited by negue2 on Apr 13, 2018, 5:27:17 PM
hey, im not playing exactly ur build, but trying to build something similar, still thinking about optimal setup and tree, trying things

i will have 101% fire res if ll use ruby flask
did u try to sustain it? idk, have some ideas maybe with bloodrage
maybe with even shavs ring to no mana regen if bloodrage won't be enough

im not even sure it worth, rf will heal you, converted damage to fire from watcher's eye will heal, but not sure about amount, is it decent or not

edit: checked bloodrage, seems like enough:

btw, also as idea to counter penetration, we could use the talisman (50% cold to fire or lightning implicit), it should remove 50% of cold penetration from shaper's balls, yeah, we ll lose our curse, but it is not that much effective on uber-fights anyway i guess
Last edited by _vnz on Apr 14, 2018, 12:54:13 AM
Using shavs ring to counter mana regeneraton you need to only negate distillates reg.
With my current tree it has 54% effect and 35% mana recovery from flasks.

Without quality it regs:
28 mana per second
* 1,54 effect
* 1,35 recovery
= 58,3 mana per second

In order for blood rage to drain 58,3 mana per second you need
* 1/0,04 (4% damage from blood rage)
* 1/0,3 (30% damage taken from mana with MoM)
= 4858,3 max Life

On my current Character i have 46 mana regeneration, i would need 8691.6 max Life without Shavs.
With shavs that sounds doable or one could use a watchers eye to increase MoM to 40% with clarity.
With a 10% clarity eye:
(58,3+53,2)
* 1/0,04
* 1/0,4
= 6968.7 max life

The talisman idea is good, that would halve the shaper ball damage making them tankable.
Sadly i dont see any fitting talisman on bestiary, but i'll try my luck with some Tier 2 Talismans.

The one problem i see with triple res flasks + distillate + chalice is no heal flask and since this setup doesn't help against phys degen it would make the uber elder fight harder in my opinion.
Last edited by negue2 on Apr 14, 2018, 4:00:28 AM
"
negue2 wrote:
"
Serge91 wrote:

The damage is not very high on this build but it is enough to kill all bosses. On the Elder fight you have to either kill the propagators quickly or use your life flask to counter the degen fields.

"
Serge91 wrote:

I dont use orb of storms on elder fights. My weapon has 2 red and 1 blue socket since i normaly dont use inc crit on orb of storms. You could get another doryanis for the elder fights.
Just proc EE with shield charges or frost wall. The EO uptime may suffer but shaper surviving is more important.

"
Serge91 wrote:

You dont need to kill the portals or adds during the shaper phase. Focus on placing frost walls and shaper will survive.

Yeah i know i dont need to take down portals but... well they spawn so much mobs lol. And without aoe on rf, i dont hit so many mobs. That's what i wanted to say.
My scorch ray damage alone isn't enough to take down those mobs quickly.

Maybe i just need to get better with using frost wall. I'll look for another doryani's for the elder fight. Now i need to kill Shaper in order to be able to spawn UberElder: for the Shaper fight, do you still use orb of storms?
Last edited by Serge91 on Apr 14, 2018, 3:57:55 AM
"
Serge91 wrote:
for the Shaper fight, do you still use orb of storms?

Yes, i use orb of storms on all fights except regular elder.
Made this build 3 days ago, already downed shaper/Uber Atziri and Shaper guardians. Can confirm it cost around 10-12ex to make however i went for top rolls on my uniques. Level 81=Shaper Guardians(5.5k life), Level 88=Shaper Deathless/Uber Atziri-2 portals used on Trio (6.3k life) Everything is going smooth and only deaths to chaos/poison or not keeping flasks up. Definetly looking forward to Uber Elder. I have taken out shield charge as i more use my flask to move than movement ability and replaced with stone/flame golem for regen/dps depending on fight with cwdt lvl 21. Along with Culling and Decay to Orb of storms in boots for that extra bit of dps/dot damage.
reaching final form....and it has been feeling good. Great build and I love using lightning coil. I would post my gear but don't know how. Maybe check my profile and see if you have any recommendations. Thanks everyone!
Good stuff yowzster, i like the culling and decay on orb though i would miss fortify.
GL with uber elder.

"
gallaghd wrote:
Maybe check my profile and see if you have any recommendations. Thanks everyone!

Gear looks good. Two things i see:
skip the ruby flask, its not worth it to interrupt distillate.
Try to get a 10% watcher eye, between 7 and 10% you take 10% more phys damage.

To post items open your character by clicking its name in the top left corner of this page while the edit post window is open and click on the items you want to link. Here a guide with pictures.
Last edited by negue2 on Apr 16, 2018, 9:53:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info