Chris really should stop posting and commenting on Reddit

The Bestiary looks amazing, it reminds me of London Zoo and its clear that they put a lot of work into it.

Downside of this for me is, the mechanics (when league was released) were terrible.
Trying to see if you even need the beast // trying to get a target lock in amongst a huge group of mobs // if still alive time throwing of net perfectly with dps output.

Then we had the crazy cpu bug that was left to fry peoples pc's for 3 days, whilst going completely unacknowledged by GGG as they were busy releasing more mtx's.

Then all the crashing, latency spikes, skills not working, core mechanic not even working.

Then we have more band aid fixes and throw some duping into the mix.

I don't care if they go reddit or forum, its all the same anyway. GGG will still spill their lies and excuses wherever the venue.
So when they anger the mob by taking their money and failing to deliver a game in a playable state of course people will feel hostile. GGG need to know this so they can step up their game. Maybe that takes a reddit firestorm to accomplish.

What I do care about is getting a league start that has been properly tested and works.

I've played games for a long time now, and every single gaming community honestly desires open, honest, and frequent communication from the developers.

GGG is the best in the world at this communication. It's awesome to have a post every day about the game and communities on Reddit, here, and other places to discuss game features and development. There are downsides sure... But main the reason I'm still playing this game is that the developers listen to the player base and interact with them. Diablo 3 went the exact opposite direction I wanted with every single decision and my posts were deleted off of the forums multiple times.

But yeah Chris should shut up about his game. Sure let's do that.
What for when Reddit is huge?

An old very rich man once told me "your network is your net worth" meaning you expand beyond your personnel forums (poe.com).
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I've not seen backlash like this for any league, ever, and I've seen them all. And it's particularly noteworthy backlash because it's coming from multiple directions and from different camps. That's really unusual.

Were you asleep when Lab was released? Lab was the real critical mass of complaining... This is approaching it, but not really there. Possibly because there are so many directions and most complaints seem disjointed?
Did he delete his recent comments tho? Seems like
"
Completed 12 ChallengesAim_Deep wrote:
What for when Reddit is huge?

An old very rich man once told me "your network is your net worth" meaning you expand beyond your personnel forums (poe.com).

Yes there is nothing like a huge forum to attract people.... Have you ever read a public forum? They are just horrendous I imagine that outside of Chris and Bex (who probably has to get the go ahead for almost every post) the staff are told not to post at all.

That isn't because they don't have anything to share or don't want to its because public forums are absolutely vile and they know every post has the likelihood to cause a shitstorm, some of Chris's comments perfectly represent this the QA meme is a perfect example the guys probably just trying to stick up for the QA team in general but you have to understand as soon as he uttered those words they were going to get thrown back the moment something slipped through during testing.

I like your quote a lot and i'm sure I've read it before but as far as I understood it was about an individual, not an entire company and while Chris is obviously an individual his roll is more frontman for the band, not to represent himself.

tldr - saying nothing is easier to handle than saying something

Edit: even the official forum here has been terrible since the league released I'd have banned like 50% of the posters if i was an admin, not for disliking the league but because of the way they communicate them -_- its really feelsbadman.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Mar 9, 2018 10:17:21 AM
Lab still sux but its only with you 30-60 minutes total if you do it four times which is what 99% of people do. This POS is persistent. Big difference.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Again, it's the 'interesting' and 'educating' bit people seem to be missing when I call Bestiary a failure. In terms of an experiment and a league that pushes the boundary between league and expansion, Bestiary is a success. In terms of support pack sales, also a success. In terms of last minute rush release despite various setbacks, definitely a success. In terms of advancing the game as a whole and giving players a gimmick worth their time, not a success. Whether due to the design decisions or all these bugs and dupes and unforeseen disparities, Bestiary is absolutely not a success. I've not seen backlash like this for any league, ever, and I've seen them all. And it's particularly noteworthy backlash because it's coming from multiple directions and from different camps. That's really unusual.

I agree with everything, except the "advancing the game as a whole" part.

Having a Manegeria and the ability to house / capture beasts through Wraeclast, which you can then sacrifice in the Altar is awesome. Especially if it gets added to the core.

I think that is advancing the game as a whole. Since it adds a intuitive feature, and makes you feel more immersed in the game. Although, we need better/cooler recipes which is unfortunate.. but maybe in the future they will be added.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Mar 9, 2018 10:55:02 AM
"
Completed 12 ChallengesAim_Deep wrote:
Lab still sux but its only with you 30-60 minutes total if you do it four times which is what 99% of people do. This POS is persistent. Big difference.

Yeah but the beasts are 100% optional. You can skip them or engage them as much as you want. Lab on the other hand is "optional" meaning it really isn't. You kind of have to do it.

So I struggle to see validity in the complaints about Bestiary league as a whole, though I do understand complaints about the "clunkiness" of nets.
"

My thing with this league is that playing it makes *me* feel like a failure.

I love the concept. And the idea of being able to do targeted crafting is great, since I've mostly migrated to SSF.

But I'm an utter failure at capturing beasts. It didn't help that I started with a summoner, and my minions would kill things before I could cast a net.

So I switched to a melee build. And I still can't seem to get the balance between not killing a beast immediately and being able to kill it in 3 seconds once it has been netted.

Play as a Witch. For all the people claiming it's a glass cannon class it hits like fluffy marshmallows onto Kitava's firepit at ALL points of the game unless you're running something powered by Phys (and that leads into other classes being better picks...), so Red and most Yellow beasts can survive a good volley of your hits. Takes me a good 2-3 minutes to wittle down any Red's because of the shear amount of health they have before you've even hit mapping...(more proof that no one tested them when rushing to end-game).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info