Chris really should stop posting and commenting on Reddit

e232326f2a459d4e9284ab7046f682fc

LOL!

"what I read on reddit"
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Mar 12, 2018 8:26:37 PM
Oh Chris. Oh...Chris. :(
Designer of 'Oni-Goroshi, Charan's sword'. Yes, I wrote all those lines. Even the really bad ones. I'm sorry.
Chris is like president George H. W. Bush in that "not gonna do it" and "wouldn't be prudent at this juncture" to stop using Reddit over their own forums. You see there are more fanboys on Reddit and the questions are not as difficult (the super knowledgeable players post here).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
No joy in Mudville... no joy in Wraeclast.
I wouldn't make that clear-cut distinction. I see some pretty technically competent people on the reddit, and I see me here. So, yknow. It's not that simple.

I get Chris' desire for transparency and it's part of why I supported in the first place, but there's something to be said for effective PR barriers between a company and its consumers.

As much as it pains me to say this, there's a different US president I'd be drawing comparisons to right now in that regard.

No one expects the CEO/MD to be as knowledgeable about a product's intricacies as the boots-on-the-ground workers but admitting that he made a mistake based on 'what he'd read on reddit' when there's so much contention regarding his reddit usage is probably a little too much off-the-cuff honesty.
Designer of 'Oni-Goroshi, Charan's sword'. Yes, I wrote all those lines. Even the really bad ones. I'm sorry.
Chris gets his info off reddit! Awesome! Even little kids know better than to believe anything on there. WtF is wrong with him?

I saw that earlier (not on reddit but here) and literally cringed.
Wraeclast: Where no one smokes but everyone dies.
Well it is better than the other president getting into Twitter feuds (so thin skinned and immature) and extremely not presidential (or any mature normal person) behavior. He should never have run if he can't stand the satirical comedy and negative comments (or better yet just grow up). But maybe if we can vote out enough reps then maybe one day the tables will turn on him and he'll be the one hearing his own "you're fired" words. But more than likely a dream what with so many of the "poorly educated" eating up the lies coming from his mouth as if he was going to really make it happen and improve their lives. (I've strayed way the hell and gone off topic... sorry).

I did over-react some but since Chris does favor posting on Reddit a shit ton more than these forums it's always "oh look, a Chris post in a PoE forum thread. Now that's a rarity".

But I did find it strange that Chris couldn't have just picked up the phone and called Jonathan or whoever working in that GGG department that would know what drops from chests instead of assuming that because he read it on Reddit that it must be true.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
No joy in Mudville... no joy in Wraeclast.
Last edited by Arrowneous on Mar 12, 2018 10:44:30 PM
Reddit is just shit all around due to the way it works (hivemind = upvotes and the most exposure regardless of whether or not the content is actually truthful or relevant.) It's not exclusive to PoE either.

Last edited by LowBudget780 on Mar 12, 2018 11:28:42 PM
"
I really wish they'd just ignore reddit. Reddit loves to manufacture controversies and acts like they get a huge say in things, and developers lean to their suggestions only cementing their belief. I guess that means they actually do, which bugs me because it seems they get more say than the official freaking forums

But it's been this way for a while. Reddit's easier to use than Chris's own forums. I guess he brought it on himself
It's been this way since Open Beta iirc.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 CU x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 3.60GHz (HT disabled) | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 24GB DDR3 RAM | Gigabyte Windforce x3 Geforce 760 4GB | Corsair AX 760watt PSU
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Completed 14 Challengesmajesw wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I've not seen backlash like this for any league, ever, and I've seen them all. And it's particularly noteworthy backlash because it's coming from multiple directions and from different camps. That's really unusual.

Were you asleep when Lab was released? Lab was the real critical mass of complaining... This is approaching it, but not really there. Possibly because there are so many directions and most complaints seem disjointed?

Labyrinth wasn't a league mechanic.

Ahh, I understand the distinction now. Thanks for clarifying!
"
I wouldn't make that clear-cut distinction. I see some pretty technically competent people on the reddit, and I see me here. So, yknow. It's not that simple.

I get Chris' desire for transparency and it's part of why I supported in the first place, but there's something to be said for effective PR barriers between a company and its consumers.

As much as it pains me to say this, there's a different US president I'd be drawing comparisons to right now in that regard.

No one expects the CEO/MD to be as knowledgeable about a product's intricacies as the boots-on-the-ground workers but admitting that he made a mistake based on 'what he'd read on reddit' when there's so much contention regarding his reddit usage is probably a little too much off-the-cuff honesty.

Yeah, can't believe he really said that. It's both hilarius and depressing.
I'm going to give him the benefit of doubt, he probably slept very little in the last couple of weeks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info