Chris really should stop posting and commenting on Reddit

Because of its upvote and downvote system, Reddit is the largest echo chamber in the world.
So what is an echo chamber? Say if your kitchen is on fire, your fire alarm rings. In real life, it is not a big deal. But on Reddit and in an echo chamber, the neighbor's fire alarm rings too, and within minutes, the whole neighborhood rings the alarm. Hours later, people living two blocks away start to panic too. Holy s dude, you don't even have a house. Stop panicking.

I am not defending ggg against the blame on bugs. Before today, my build had two active bugs, a) it was not stackable, b) it did not receive the boost from herald of ash. Yeah, I was and am playing SR totem. So I don't like bugs.

I am not defending them, but the toxic responses are beyond acceptable. It is toxic due to the nature of Reddit, the nature of echo chamber. You people remember Chris said 1000 hours. So what, 1000 hours is not a big deal for any online games. A person with 1000-hour gaming experience means he is a gamer and that is the prerequisite for applying for a game dev job. Chris did not imply that a guy with 1000 hours is a poe guru.

Now, whenever Redditors are upset, for whatever reason, they quote 1000 hours thing. New bug, 1000 hours; no skill balance, 1000 hours; subpar Elementalist, 1000 hours. Can you see how toxic this is?

And I will tell you, many Redditors do not have an opinion. They think they do, but they don't. Upvoting a troll thread does not give you an opinion but makes you another troll. What's worse, it spread the 1000 hours thing to more people. It is contagious.

Please, Chris, stop posting and commenting on Reddit. Let Bex handle the teasing and communicating. Leave that toxic waste be.
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2018, 12:26:16 AM
I'm honestly amazed that people related to GGG, comment on Reddit of all places. Its like the breeding ground for children. You go there when you want to breed. :D

but seriously though, no one should take reddit seriously, and I am amazed Chris does.
Last edited by Goremise on Mar 8, 2018, 7:08:14 PM
Chris can do as he pleases

if I was him I would avoid this place too
I dont see any any key!
Last edited by k1rage on Mar 8, 2018, 7:48:43 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I think he should break up with the community, period. Let Bex do the CM's job of soothing the tantrums and teasing the content, here and on reddit. She's very good at it. Chris should stick to higher profile stuff like interviews and news announcements. At this point, all this negative energy both here and on reddit can only be discouraging when I feel the best thing for GGG to do is write Bestiary off as an interesting, educating failure and get to work on 3.3+.

This hasn't been a healthy relationship for a while now.

Bestiary isn't a failure from a design perspective, it fills a role in the game previously voided.

The people it doesn't address crying about not getting candy doesn't invalidate that effort.

Your basically doing the same thing as redit right?(echoing a sentiment not based on personal experience but based on a very biased sample size)

Chris seems like a good guy, but good guys don't control crowds very well.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
sharbe wrote:
Say if your kitchen is on fire, your fire alarm rings. In real life, it is not a big deal.

LOL what real life are you living in? Kitchen's on fire, no worries though the fire alarm has got this. I hope I can grind a few more maps before the fire spreads and melts my router.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
I really wish they'd just ignore reddit. Reddit loves to manufacture controversies and acts like they get a huge say in things, and developers lean to their suggestions only cementing their belief. I guess that means they actually do, which bugs me because it seems they get more say than the official freaking forums

But it's been this way for a while. Reddit's easier to use than Chris's own forums. I guess he brought it on himself
Just love them "my friends quit because of the duping" Literally no comment. The overreacting to atleast 50% of the issues is unbelievable.

And then there is that guy with "saw only 4 red beasts in 50 maps.

Sorry but it's just bandwagoning at this point. Most of these people make threads just to get mixed with the crowd.
Last edited by Kasapnica on Mar 8, 2018, 8:31:32 PM
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
I really wish they'd just ignore reddit. Reddit loves to manufacture controversies and acts like they get a huge say in things, and developers lean to their suggestions only cementing their belief. I guess that means they actually do, which bugs me because it seems they get more say than the official freaking forums

But it's been this way for a while. Reddit's easier to use than Chris's own forums. I guess he brought it on himself

no no

we brought it on ourselves
I dont see any any key!
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I think he should break up with the community, period. Let Bex do the CM's job of soothing the tantrums and teasing the content, here and on reddit. She's very good at it. Chris should stick to higher profile stuff like interviews and news announcements. At this point, all this negative energy both here and on reddit can only be discouraging when I feel the best thing for GGG to do is write Bestiary off as an interesting, educating failure and get to work on 3.3+.

This hasn't been a healthy relationship for a while now.

Bestiary isn't a failure from a design perspective, it fills a role in the game previously voided.

The people it doesn't address crying about not getting candy doesn't invalidate that effort.

Your basically doing the same thing as redit right?(echoing a sentiment not based on personal experience but based on a very biased sample size)

Chris seems like a good guy, but good guys don't control crowds very well.

Peace,

-Boem-

My criticism of Bestiary came much earlier and you know it. What I've observed since has only cemented my stance, albeit coming from different points of criticism. Something felt off about it and very little I've seen has changed my mind there. So no, Boem. I'm not doing the same thing as reddit.

And you're missing the value of the words 'interesting' and 'educating'. Which hardly surprises me.

I look at the design space it occupy's, which is fine.

I know it's rushed and poorly handled and i know your stance on the mater which coincides with it being rushed and just poorly incorporated in the bigger structure.

I see a lot of potential in it and i wouldn't like if they had to throw the baby out with the water just because of "pr" or the pressure of the community, which seems like a very likely option in the current atmosphere.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
The league concept is fine, the implementation is probably the biggest misstep I've seen GGG make in the entirety of PoE. 99% of the recipes are absolutely useless, worse than other methods of crafting but more tedious on top of it because you have to fight the monsters twice, and you have to be wary enough to not kill them the first time around, and the average reward is just pathetic given the level of engagement required to get it.

I'm pretty disappointed by how poorly executed this league was, because I do enjoy the idea of the potential for greater rewards if you just slow it down a notch. I really can't go into detail about how I feel about the fact that this was pushed to live, so I'll just continue trolling global chat.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info