[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

"
bluwara wrote:
How about running with soul mantle + self flagelation + 2 anticurse rings and replace spelltotem for empower, isn't better? (specially lvl 4 empower)

Please read the guide (or at least the section about Soul Mantle) before posting this question.
Last edited by VisorX on Apr 2, 2018, 12:21:59 AM
Is rain of splinters not worth it for this build? I am not sure how the damage reduction will affect the overall.
"
VisorX wrote:
"
bluwara wrote:
How about running with soul mantle + self flagelation + 2 anticurse rings and replace spelltotem for empower, isn't better? (specially lvl 4 empower)

Please read the guide (or at least the section about Soul Mantle) before posting this question.

i did, and you never talk about empower gem, that's the point of my question, not the soulmantle thing
"
bluwara wrote:
"
VisorX wrote:
"
bluwara wrote:

i did, and you never talk about empower gem, that's the point of my question, not the soulmantle thing

Ok sorry, it was weird that you mentioned it together with Soul Mantle, since Soul Mantle doesn't give any additonal benefit to empower.

A lvl 20/20 Added Cold Damage gem would give us just 0.5% less DPS compared to an Empower lvl4. I think running a costly Empower is only worth if you have a chest with corrupted +1 gems. (or an Elder chest with +1 to support gems)

"
slimeric wrote:
Is rain of splinters not worth it for this build? I am not sure how the damage reduction will affect the overall.

An interesting suggestion. According to PoB the damage reduction stacks with all our damage increases, so it isn't actually that much. With a 30% reduced Damage jewel you would lose only 4.2% DPS. Still another jewel slot is costly with 3 skillpoints.

It should be worth a try for sure.
really fun farming build, thanks for sharing, i tried rain of splinters but switched to damage jewel, since aoe is already enough with 5 projectiles.
I think you should add starkonjas head as a solid option, it gives us dex (which we need for many gems in our setup), attack speed (amazing for movement with shield charge), global crit (amazing for dmg ofc) and up to 100 life, its also insanely cheap
"
deinernst123 wrote:
I think you should add starkonjas head as a solid option, it gives us dex (which we need for many gems in our setup), attack speed (amazing for movement with shield charge), global crit (amazing for dmg ofc) and up to 100 life, its also insanely cheap

Rare Helmets can give us more than 100life, lots of resists and dex too, if you need. There are also not crazy expensive. I don't think attack speed and the 25 critchance are that important to us.

There is one point why I would consider Starkonja's and you didn't mention it: It's much easier to find a helmet with an enchant.

So if you have trouble finding a good helmet with Freezepulse enchant you don't wanna roll one yourself, it's a solid option. I will add that to the guide.
Last edited by VisorX on Apr 5, 2018, 4:33:21 PM
Im curious what you are using instead of frost bomb on dual shimmeron variant? With shimmerons equiped you kill yourself on crit.

I'm thinking maybe vaal lightning trap but not sure.
"
rahven32 wrote:
Im curious what you are using instead of frost bomb on dual shimmeron variant? With shimmerons equiped you kill yourself on crit.

You can look at my Guardian&Shaper gear. I'm actually using Vaal Lightning Trap ;).

You can just link Arcane Surge to your Curse as well.
Last edited by VisorX on Apr 8, 2018, 12:56:10 AM
Spoiler
"
VisorX wrote:
"
rahven32 wrote:

You can look at my Guardian&Shaper gear. I'm actually using Vaal Lightning Trap ;).

You can just link Arcane Surge to your Curse as well.

Thanks =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info