[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

From the Blind wiki page: "The base duration of Blind is 4 seconds. Attacking with Resolute Technique or attacking a target which has Unwavering Stance will nullify the miss chance."

Just wanted to point out, the blind from Pandemonius does nothing for your own personal safety as long as you are wearing Kaom's Roots. I *think* it will protect your totems, but it doesn't make the build more or less hardcore viable.
I really wanna try this build, but just 1 question. What do you think about tukohama for the shield? i was wondering if its good enough for this build, and maybe pair it with shimmeron?

Thanks!
Can I get some opinions on sire of shards?
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010865940

Hit me up on steam if you want
"
titeywitey wrote:
From the Blind wiki page: "The base duration of Blind is 4 seconds. Attacking with Resolute Technique or attacking a target which has Unwavering Stance will nullify the miss chance."

Just wanted to point out, the blind from Pandemonius does nothing for your own personal safety as long as you are wearing Kaom's Roots. I *think* it will protect your totems, but it doesn't make the build more or less hardcore viable.

Thanks, that's interesting. I actually did not know that. Pandemonius is still the better damage option against end game bosses even with Kaom's Roots - I think.

"
frozenmystic wrote:
I really wanna try this build, but just 1 question. What do you think about tukohama for the shield? i was wondering if its good enough for this build, and maybe pair it with shimmeron?

Thanks!

4 Totems is plenty enough. You would get a lot more damage from a second Shimmeron if that's what you are going for. Or just a lot of critchance on a shield with life/mana and resists and get speed with Brightbeak.

"
TSA_Ryan wrote:
Can I get some opinions on sire of shards?

Since totems auto-target and you don't wanna run in the middle of a pack before placing totems, you won't hit many mobs with your extra projectiles. I don't think sacrificing all the stats you can get on other weapons+shields is worth it. But if you are a Sire of Shards fanboy, it should certainly be playable.
I find the placing distance ok most times but I definately see your point, I sometimes find the targeting annoying because they'll leave stuff moving towards me and miss it with the freezing sometimes but you make good points lol, right now I have the hammer you suggest for shield charging and it's great

Thanks for your time in responding
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010865940

Hit me up on steam if you want
Last edited by TSA_Ryan on Apr 22, 2018, 12:00:51 AM
Started Poe only a month ago.
Got a lv 90 slayer with molten strike which was able to clear everything up to t15 but guardians just destroy me so im looking for a different build that's also viable for guardians and shaper but seems that i can't build this in a way to have good clear speed at mapping but also strong enough for end game? (I don't care about magic find)
"
Cillwer wrote:
Started Poe only a month ago.
Got a lv 90 slayer with molten strike which was able to clear everything up to t15 but guardians just destroy me so im looking for a different build that's also viable for guardians and shaper but seems that i can't build this in a way to have good clear speed at mapping but also strong enough for end game? (I don't care about magic find)

A molten strike slayer should be one of the best characters against guardians and shaper.

Most builds are either good at mapping or at bossing. You can't optimize your build for both, since against bosses you want single-target damage and good defenses and for mapping you want AoE and speed (and possibly MF). If you struggle with molten strike slayer against guardians, I would suggest to build one character solely optimized for bossing. You can still build another character for fast mapping.

It's important to learn boss mechanics of guardians and shaper (you can't facetank everything), so I would suggest Tukohama Spectres (if you don't hate minion builds). Your minions do the damage and you can focus on dodging.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1971585/
I'd thoroughly recommend this build for HC players. I've just hit 88 and it feels one of the safest builds I've played.

I've made a few adjustments for extra defence but the DPS still seems fine.

My current tree is Skill Tree

And my gear (which isn't the best is)

Spoiler
Gear

Combination of Lightning Coil, Fortify, 40% Mind Over Matter, Arctic Armour and Endurance Charges really helps with the big physical hits. Being a totem build the elemental damage is generally easier to avoid and so far hasn't been too much of a problem

Uber lab (for the first time) hasn't caused a problem either which was a nice surprise

The pandemonius is a great help against bosses and some of the nastier bestiary mobs. Lots of blinded mobs and the cold pen really helps against those hexproof mobs

Only recently popped the vortex traps in. Just there for the chill effect really so may change the trap and mine damage support for inc duration or multi traps. Just really used on the big boys

I do miss out on using the clear mind by running AA but the damage certainly feels fine without

Big thanks to VisorX for posting this build
IGN - LeNavetBete
Definitely the next build for the flashback race. Easy leveling with not much to worry about. I was planning to go Heiro this league but went spectres as I was unsure how good it was against uber elder.
Mind checking out my setup? I'm making small changes to suit my play style. Went soul mantle and use mana flask to remove curses. Let me know what you think. Loving this guide so far!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info