[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

"
MMCShiNi wrote:
What do you think about the shield charge nerfs? Maybe using flame dash/lightning warp/phase run with a wand (dual wand?) is a solid option now.

The shield charge nerf certainly hurts. But with Frenzy Charges, Silver and Quicksilver Flask we should still be decently fast. One big part about shield charge that I like, is fortify. That often gets understated.

I don't think Flame Dash or Lightning Warp will be faster, but dual wands are certainly much more viable now. So despite the Shimmeron nerfs, they might actually be more viable now for mapping (total degen after resistance is 100). But you probably prefer to use some cast speed wands.

"
hawle163 wrote:
Why using Kaom's roots and not some movement speed boots? Is stun resistance so important?

I only used Kaom's roots for bossing. It also has very high amount of life in addition to stun resistance. You don't need it for mapping (many HC players still do).
Visor are you updating the POB link to the new skill tree?
"
dsata wrote:

I dont think there was much that changed if anything, and after fucking around in pob i did something like this
https://pastebin.com/9vfdrXC0
note that I am an huge pussy so you could probably skip some life for more dmg or something if you feel comfortable, the totem trees after taking all the totem nodes are pretty flexible
"
dsata wrote:

Ill make minor adjustments to the whole guide in the next hours. But yeah, the changes to the tree are cosmetic.

Edit: Done, made quite a few changes to the guide.

TL/DR build change 3.4
- Wands are viable now. Main advantage of shieldcharge is fortify (20% damage reduction is still very strong)
- Running is also viable. Use Phase Run!
- I entirely removed Inc.Critical Strikes as a recommendation and replaced it with Controlled Destruction at all stages. With your fast spamming totems, more damage is better than reliable crits.
- It remains a very strong starter build
- PoB links are updated to 3.4. For the online skilltree the new tree is not available yet. (the only changes are that we are saving 2 points getting to Holy Diminion and Light of Divinity)
Last edited by VisorX on Aug 30, 2018, 4:55:02 AM
Thanks for the guide and all your hard work Visor, This guide is super helpful and has all the details we need. I played it for about 3 weeks last league and for a bit of the flashback race and had no issues. Gonna be my league starter and just wanted to make my appreciation known, good luck for the league
hey thinking that if this passive tree will work with a arc totem build instead ._. tho there will be like 3skill point twerk do you think it will work ? eg: snowforged 3 points to right of them getting crackling speed
Last edited by thepokeu on Aug 30, 2018, 6:58:05 PM
"
thepokeu wrote:
hey thinking that if this passive tree will work with a arc totem build instead ._. tho there will be like 3skill point twerk do you think it will work ? eg: snowforged 3 points to right of them getting crackling speed

Sure. The gear and skilltree for all crit totem builds is pretty much the same. You can just swap out gems (including supports) and try all kinds of spells :).
Hi, just a noobish question here...
Are Trees the same ? Because trees posted originally are 3.2 trees ?
Thanks for answer, have a nice league <3
You mentioned that shield charge is the only movement skill to apply fortify... could you not also apply fortify via whirling blades? I love the build and i am considering doing dual dagger whirling blades. Daggers would be ideal IMO for all of the crit buffs.
"
Sergeles wrote:
You mentioned that shield charge is the only movement skill to apply fortify... could you not also apply fortify via whirling blades? I love the build and i am considering doing dual dagger whirling blades. Daggers would be ideal IMO for all of the crit buffs.

This is just my personal opinion but since whirling blades was changed a while back, it feels very terrible on any character that doesn't have adequate attack speed. I wouldn't use it on anything that wasn't some kind of melee character really

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info