[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

All three PoB/tree links I saw in the guide get Shaman's Dominion by level 90, it is definitely worth it. Although its a little increased damage and a chunk of crit chance, you tend to avoid those on the tree. The right side of the circle is a solid amount of crit multi which is a big boost to dps, which is why you take it. But the 100% increased crit when you've dropped a totem recently is quite nice as well.

Your dps is fine for speed-running low maps and wearing mf gear, a 6L will definitely help. You likely won't kill the incursion guys that buff rooms in red maps before time runs out, but as mf you may not be interested in that.
I have been playing this build for a while now and it has made be a better player and allowed me to level faster than what I used to be before. However, I am lacking on two things.
1. Life regen: I need to use potions even if i get a single hit.
2. My Life is only 1549 even at level 60. Is it alright or am I missing something along the way?
Any help to boost life and add some life regen would be greatly appreciated.

My Items
Spoiler

Last edited by vettijack on Aug 15, 2018, 8:42:08 PM
"
vettijack wrote:
I have been playing this build for a while now and it has made be a better player and allowed me to level faster than what I used to be before. However, I am lacking on two things.
1. Life regen: I need to use potions even if i get a single hit.
2. My Life is only 1549 even at level 60. Is it alright or am I missing something along the way?
Any help to boost life and add some life regen would be greatly appreciated.

My Items
Spoiler

you're using a shield that gives you zealots oath = your life regen becomes energy shield regen. And you have basically 0 life on any gear so that's why your life is so low.
So how important is it to switch over in the 10/20's to a different skill from freezing pulse? Can't I just throw it on a totem, or self cast it while leveling just like when starting out instead of using firestorm and flame blast? It just seems like making the switch increased difficulty a bit when it was so easy with FP before.
Last edited by Kirisute_Gomen on Aug 17, 2018, 8:16:47 AM
I used FP to level this build in the current flashback event, and it was pretty quick, plus no re-specing. With good cast speed twink gear, you could level as firestorm/flameblast a bit quicker I would think.
I already had a first snow gem from a previous character in standard league, so I just rushed the passive tree to 3 totems by level 40 with freezing pulse supported by faster casting, and lesser multiple proj.

It is clearing everything very fast. No need to respec or switch up anything if you are in a similar situation. Obviously you wont have this option in a new league.
I feel this is a very solid first build for delve SSF. Good clear speed up to t16, even with quant/rarity gear, able to do guardians, and might go relatively far in delves while trying to get gg gear for some broken build we might have next league to get even deeper. What are your thoughts?
Last edited by Frenzir on Aug 25, 2018, 4:37:26 PM
"
Frenzir wrote:
I feel this is a very solid first build for delve SSF. Good clear speed up to t16, even with quant/rarity gear, able to do guardians, and might go relatively far in delves while trying to get gg gear for some broken build we might have next league to get even deeper. What are your thoughts?

In the current state it's certainly an amazing starter build.

From what I saw in the trailer, the delves don't seem to be as narrow as incursions, which is good for us.

For really deep delves we might run into damage problems, but especially at league start the freeze should enable us to farm medium delves quite safely.
What do you think about the shield charge nerfs? Maybe using flame dash/lightning warp/phase run with a wand (dual wand?) is a solid option now.
Why using Kaom's roots and not some movement speed boots? Is stun resistance so important?
Last edited by hawle163 on Aug 29, 2018, 10:31:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info